open sketch thread

Thanks hope I make the final or whatever, first finished rendering of mine. Yo, good luck to you to, you entered with some pretty good stuff ,aye?
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

Haha yeah I guess my stuff was pretty good.

JordanLB23: Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are the most common programs used to render the designs.

Quote:
mesh covered with stripes with Polyetherane
:lol:
laugh.gif

Even though there is an attempt at shading, the black outline makes it look really flat.

The best thing would be to have no lines at all and let shadow/lighting/colors define the different areas and pieces of the shoe. If you look at a real life object, there's no black outline around it, so a true rendering shouldn't either. Thing is with the border things are usually easier to understand quickly. If you look at Arch's submission, there isn't much black tracing on the shoe. Parts are defined by colors/contrast.

The few times I use a thick line in my drawing is if a piece of the shoe is in front of an other, on a different plane or to define the overall shape of the object I rarely use them inside the object. But then again, some do and it's entirely up to you to figure out what you think fits your style and looks best. But you should try messing around with different line width and weight and see what you like. I personally like to make the ends of a line darker then the middle portion of the line when I sketch. You could also use another color than black for the outline if it's a colored part of the shoe.

Hope this helped a little. Good luck with your submission and keep it up!

-T

Wanted (10): The Kobe (playoffs), Nike Zoom 2k3 (any white based colorway)

Thanks for the crtiqs man, yeah I agree on all of them. Well the shading part, I'm only a bigginer in photoshop, not good at all, so thats the best I can do so far. But just picked up some good markers and doin my next submission with those.

creativiT-

the first thing came to mind when I first saw the ZLIV was that drawing. I always liked it from a cartoony standpoint.

^ Thanks! glad you liked it. It was a foamposite shoe too :lol:
laugh.gif
but it was for Penny. I think the theme for that DRC was "what if?".
-T

^ Ive always thrown that idea out there..Like if players lines were continued..Or an old player was playing today...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

^ I think it would be a good idea to have a little drc, but no need for an official thread or anything. We could just throw in some sketches, thumbnails or whatever in here. I'll try to sketch a little this week and post something. I'm thinking Shawn Kemp or a shoe for Pip for his comeback (crosses fingers).
-T

Yeah I've heared rumours on Penny returnin as well....

I think the theme that arff and CreativT are tossing about. and why not an official thread?

I think there has to be a cap on when the player last played. Like I couldn't do a Reggie Miller shoe.

I'd say hold off from an official thread until we get some more interest from others. I'd try to get something together. If I had to choose a player taht had a sig line, it would either be penny, payton, or kidd.

Quote:
Every1 gets hype for them, but hardly any1 shows interest w/ kg and other obligations they have goin on.

Exactly. Mid terms are coming for me. People are doing KG etc.
I personally doubt I'll have the time to make a complete rendering that I'm happy with, so I'll stick to a couple quick sketches just to get the ideas out there.
-T

Id say just any line you wanna bring back...or any player...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Good ideas in there BP! I'm likin the midsole. Work on the shape a bit and maybe make the swoosh a bit bigger...keep it up!

interesting.....Seems more like a high tech robot for my eyes, nice renderin though

so is there gonna be a contest? The idea is pretty good but it's kinda hard to hype up the contest in sneaker art forum and i'm afraind it may just fade into obscurity..
sig is overrated. At least until i come up with something good

Back
Top Bottom