Orange Bowl Stanford (4) vs. Virginia Tech (13)

Originally Posted by acidicality

49ers can offer more than that, and honestly I don't know how much more Harbaugh can accomplish at Stanford. The timing is absolutely perfect for him to make a transition to the professional level. And you gotta be honest, Stanford doesn't exactly have a rabid fanbase (altho they do have $)- it's bad when you have to sell your tickets at Costco during your best season in years, not to mention a really good new stadium.
The Giants sell there tickets at Costco as well? So what's your point. I agree with your other statements though, but if Luck comes back next year, National Championship is not out of the picture.
eek.gif

49ers can offer more than that, and honestly I don't know how much more Harbaugh can accomplish at Stanford. The timing is absolutely perfect for him to make a transition to the professional level. And you gotta be honest, Stanford doesn't exactly have a rabid fanbase (altho they do have $)- it's bad when you have to sell your tickets at Costco during your best season in years, not to mention a really good new stadium.
The Giants sell there tickets at Costco as well? So what's your point. I agree with your other statements though, but if Luck comes back next year, National Championship is not out of the picture.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

Everyone can tell that Harbaugh is gone...which means Luck is gone right with him.

Might want to rethink that.
CSN Bay area just reported Harbaugh is been offered 5 years-15 Million. Most likely could be raised to 5-20 if he makes a commitment.
laugh.gif
how much do you think he would be offered elsewhere. Pete Carroll got 5 years/$33 million from the Seahawks. 
Here's the thing though, Stanford has the ability to offer him 5-6 Million a year, but I don't think they wanna scare him away with that money. Michigan will offer him 4-5 a year, Niners will do the same. The way I look at it, you can start over at Michigan, win 7 games next year. Start over the 49ers, possibly make the playoffs, and possibly draft Luck. Stay another year and be National Title contenders. What would you do?

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

Everyone can tell that Harbaugh is gone...which means Luck is gone right with him.

Might want to rethink that.
CSN Bay area just reported Harbaugh is been offered 5 years-15 Million. Most likely could be raised to 5-20 if he makes a commitment.
laugh.gif
how much do you think he would be offered elsewhere. Pete Carroll got 5 years/$33 million from the Seahawks. 
Here's the thing though, Stanford has the ability to offer him 5-6 Million a year, but I don't think they wanna scare him away with that money. Michigan will offer him 4-5 a year, Niners will do the same. The way I look at it, you can start over at Michigan, win 7 games next year. Start over the 49ers, possibly make the playoffs, and possibly draft Luck. Stay another year and be National Title contenders. What would you do?

Any vids of Harbaugh blowing off ESPN in the postgame inteviews?

Any vids of Harbaugh blowing off ESPN in the postgame inteviews?

eek.gif
Definitely, if Luck is back I'd have to think they'd be easily top 5 preseason and would have a great shot at it. Didn't know the Giants sold theirs at Costco either, I've never seen them there, but my point was that they couldn't sell their stadium out despite having such a great season and having a really top-notch stadium.

eek.gif
Definitely, if Luck is back I'd have to think they'd be easily top 5 preseason and would have a great shot at it. Didn't know the Giants sold theirs at Costco either, I've never seen them there, but my point was that they couldn't sell their stadium out despite having such a great season and having a really top-notch stadium.

eek.gif

If they both leave, how many wins for Stanford next year?

eek.gif

7 to 9 wins, but that depends on who takes over.

The Giants sell there tickets at Costco as well?
Apples and Oranges.  MLB teams have to get creative since they have to sell 81+ home games.  Stanford can't sell out 6 home games,
30t6p3b.gif

On top of that they have the third smallest venue in the Pac 10 behind Oregon State and Wazzu (not counting Utah).

It's well known that Stanford doesn't really support football.  They definitely have the money, but do they care enough to spend it.

The Giants sell there tickets at Costco as well?
Apples and Oranges.  MLB teams have to get creative since they have to sell 81+ home games.  Stanford can't sell out 6 home games,
30t6p3b.gif

On top of that they have the third smallest venue in the Pac 10 behind Oregon State and Wazzu (not counting Utah).

It's well known that Stanford doesn't really support football.  They definitely have the money, but do they care enough to spend it.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eek.gif

Glad to see someone has some common sense. Read on both Michigan and Notre Dame scout boards that Stanford wins 3 games next year max.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eek.gif

Glad to see someone has some common sense. Read on both Michigan and Notre Dame scout boards that Stanford wins 3 games next year max.

Depends on who they can get as a coach, IMO I'd say they'd have between 3-5 losses. I don't know who else they have at QB (as I don't follow Stanford closely and I'm a Cal fan) though. If they can keep his system in place and roll with it they can at least continue being a winning team (not necessarily BCS), I can see them staying as one of the better teams in the conference.

Depends on who they can get as a coach, IMO I'd say they'd have between 3-5 losses. I don't know who else they have at QB (as I don't follow Stanford closely and I'm a Cal fan) though. If they can keep his system in place and roll with it they can at least continue being a winning team (not necessarily BCS), I can see them staying as one of the better teams in the conference.

Don't really see what else Harbaugh needs to do at Stanford. I see him going to Michigan. I was 
roll.gif
 at the press conference after the dude asked the question about his future and he ducked it and it got dumb quiet after that. That's all people wanted to know don't nobody give a damn what he thought about the game.

Don't really see what else Harbaugh needs to do at Stanford. I see him going to Michigan. I was 
roll.gif
 at the press conference after the dude asked the question about his future and he ducked it and it got dumb quiet after that. That's all people wanted to know don't nobody give a damn what he thought about the game.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we are on the topic, thought I'd use this as my last post for the night.

Sept. 3 -- San Jose State W
Sept. 10 -- at Duke W
Sept. 17 -- at Arizona W/L
Oct. 1 -- UCLA W
Oct. 8 -- Colorado W
Oct. 15 -- at Washington State W
Oct. 22 -- Washington W
Oct. 29 -- at USC L
Nov. 5 -- at Oregon State W/L
Nov. 12 -- Oregon L
Nov. 19 -- California W/L
Nov. 26 -- Notre Dame W/L

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we are on the topic, thought I'd use this as my last post for the night.

Sept. 3 -- San Jose State W
Sept. 10 -- at Duke W
Sept. 17 -- at Arizona W/L
Oct. 1 -- UCLA W
Oct. 8 -- Colorado W
Oct. 15 -- at Washington State W
Oct. 22 -- Washington W
Oct. 29 -- at USC L
Nov. 5 -- at Oregon State W/L
Nov. 12 -- Oregon L
Nov. 19 -- California W/L
Nov. 26 -- Notre Dame W/L

tired.gif
 Not even surprised; our program is a %$#@$!@ joke. 
O-line coach Newsome needs to be fired, which I've been saying for three years. No matter what personnel we've had on the line since he's been here (06), we've NEVER played well to start the year and we've NEVER blocked worth a damn against any opponent that's worth a !%*+. Newsome must be soft as hell because all his players play soft as !%*+ and play like their dog just died any time something goes bad (getting dominated by JMU because they were depressed from losing to Boise) or they play in a big game. Tyrod missed on a lot of throws and didn't play as well as he could have, but he got no help whatsoever from the line. He's a better man than me, I would have lit their +** up on the bench.
laugh.gif

They really did run the same damn blitz over and over and we never adjusted to it. No screen passes, no swing passes or misdirections, nothing to keep them honest whatsoever. They just pinned their ears back and owned us. They outnumbered us on the edges and assumed we couldn't match them on the interior of the line and they were right every time.

As bad as the O-line was, Davon Morgan and Eddie Whitley played the two worst games I've seen from defensive players in the past 5 years that I've been seriously following VT football. Jesus. Christ. Whitley singlehandedly caused that 56 yard run by lining up on the entire wrong side of the %$#@$!@ field. It's cool though cus he made up for it on the next play by biting way too hard on play action and letting the TE beat him down the middle for a TD. Their TIGHT END had 6 rec for 172 yds. They scored 40 points and their leading WR had 2 catches for 33 yds.
eek.gif
It was ALL tight ends just completely owning us repeatedly. They also both took miserable angles in run support all night. I'm especially baffled because they've been pretty solid all year and then they both just completely !%*+ the bed. They both need to go commit that.

At the end of the day, until we get a new O-line coach and offensive coordinator, we will continue to be a good team in a piss poor conference that chokes anytime we meet a challenge. 

tired.gif
 Not even surprised; our program is a %$#@$!@ joke. 
O-line coach Newsome needs to be fired, which I've been saying for three years. No matter what personnel we've had on the line since he's been here (06), we've NEVER played well to start the year and we've NEVER blocked worth a damn against any opponent that's worth a !%*+. Newsome must be soft as hell because all his players play soft as !%*+ and play like their dog just died any time something goes bad (getting dominated by JMU because they were depressed from losing to Boise) or they play in a big game. Tyrod missed on a lot of throws and didn't play as well as he could have, but he got no help whatsoever from the line. He's a better man than me, I would have lit their +** up on the bench.
laugh.gif

They really did run the same damn blitz over and over and we never adjusted to it. No screen passes, no swing passes or misdirections, nothing to keep them honest whatsoever. They just pinned their ears back and owned us. They outnumbered us on the edges and assumed we couldn't match them on the interior of the line and they were right every time.

As bad as the O-line was, Davon Morgan and Eddie Whitley played the two worst games I've seen from defensive players in the past 5 years that I've been seriously following VT football. Jesus. Christ. Whitley singlehandedly caused that 56 yard run by lining up on the entire wrong side of the %$#@$!@ field. It's cool though cus he made up for it on the next play by biting way too hard on play action and letting the TE beat him down the middle for a TD. Their TIGHT END had 6 rec for 172 yds. They scored 40 points and their leading WR had 2 catches for 33 yds.
eek.gif
It was ALL tight ends just completely owning us repeatedly. They also both took miserable angles in run support all night. I'm especially baffled because they've been pretty solid all year and then they both just completely !%*+ the bed. They both need to go commit that.

At the end of the day, until we get a new O-line coach and offensive coordinator, we will continue to be a good team in a piss poor conference that chokes anytime we meet a challenge. 

Back
Top Bottom