OREGON = PAC-10 CHAMPIONS! Rose Bowl bound! Bring on Ohio State!

Originally Posted by JinKazama

aint no team hanging 50 on Ohio State...

Congrats to Oregon, they are a fun team to watch, but Ohio State takes the W in the RB, in my opinion....

Be cool to see Ohio State and Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
I don't know homie...I don't see how they can prevent the Ducks from puttin up big numbers on the scoreboard. I'm not sayin they can't, but recent history of OSU against a speedy team with a spread attack is not good

07 - Florida 41 - OSU - 14
08 - USC 35 - OSU -3

We know Tressel, he'll take the air out of the ball but lest we forget they are playing the team that hung 47 on a USC team that beat OSU in the horseshoe this year.

Even with the loss of lil animal and Jenkins this year's D has stepped up.. . I actually was rooting for Oregon last night... not a huge fan of the Pac-10,but being a Nike/Jordan fan, Ive watched Oregon the past few years... and they are a really good team this year. The only Issue with them as far as a team istheir inconsistancy, I think most Oregon fans would even agree on that one. The reason I dont see Oregon putting up a lot of points on Ohio State is OhioState is tops in the country in takeaways (#1 in ints) and Ohio State's front line has been playing lights out. Masoli will cause some Issue's forOhio State's D, but if anyone watches Ohio State play, one thing their D does not do is miss open field tackles, another thing they do is each time theyhave a player wrapped up 2 or 3 players are always there at the point of attack, and they try to strip the ball...

Tress will do what he has done the past few games, and thats call a run heavy offense. Which means Masoli and the Oregon O will not be on the field alot ifOhio State can run the ball...

I actually think its going to be a good game. Either team obviously has the talent to win. Oregon has the Adv when it cames to the Offenses, but Ohio Statehas one of the Best D's in the Nation... Jan 1st cant get here fast enough..

oh And Pryor has went 2-0 against the other teams who were the last schools in the race to recruit him, now we'll see him against another final school whowas in the running. I think he goes 3-0 against those schools...
GL either way, I hope its a great game, but ill take an Ohio State route over Oregon.!
smile.gif

Congrats to Oregon, they are a fun team to watch, but Ohio State takes the W in the RB, in my opinion....

I don't know homie...I don't see how they can prevent the Ducks from puttin up big numbers on the scoreboard. I'm not sayin they can't, but recent history of OSU against a speedy team with a spread attack is not good

08 - USC 35 - OSU -3

We know Tressel, he'll take the air out of the ball but lest we forget they are playing the team that hung 47 on a USC team that beat OSU in the horseshoe this year.
Not to mention tOSU only other loss is to a team we also beat...

The reason I dont see Oregon putting up a lot of points on Ohio State is Ohio State is tops in the country in takeaways (#1 in ints) and Ohio State's front line has been playing lights out. Masoli will cause some Issue's for Ohio State's D, but if anyone watches Ohio State play, one thing their D does not do is miss open field tackles

As far as Ohio St having one of the best defenses in the nation with ints... They haven't played against an offense like Oregon's all year. Oregon Sthas the best run D in the PAC 10 (which is undoubtedly better than the Big X this year) yet somehow we still managed to rush for 288 yards compared to theiraverage of holding teams under 100 yards. Just sayin that statistics go by the wayside when you play against an offense like the Ducks.

The only Issue with them as far as a team is their inconsistancy, I think most Oregon fans would even agree on that one.

I'm also not sure what was meant by this comment though? The fact that this was the second game in conference that Oregon didn't score over 40? (theother being a game that Masoli sat out @ UCLA)

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Sat, Sep 26[/td] [td](6) California[/td] [td]W 42-3[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Oct 3[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [td]W 52-6[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Oct 10[/td] [td]at UCLA[/td] [td]W 24-10[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Oct 24[/td] [td]at Washington[/td] [td]W 43-19[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Oct 31[/td] [td](4) USC[/td] [td]W 47-20[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Nov 7[/td] [td]at Stanford[/td] [td]L 42-51[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Nov 14[/td] [td]Arizona State[/td] [td]W 44-21[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Sat, Nov 21[/td] [td]at Arizona[/td] [td]W 44-41[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Thu, Dec 3[/td] [td](13) Oregon State[/td] [td]W 37-33[/td] [/tr][/table]
GL either way, I hope its a great game
pimp.gif

but ill take an Ohio State route over Oregon.!
smile.gif

grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

08 - USC 35 - OSU -3

Even with the loss of lil animal and Jenkins this year's D has stepped up.. . I actually was rooting for Oregon last night... not a huge fan of the Pac-10, but being a Nike/Jordan fan, Ive watched Oregon the past few years... and they are a really good team this year. The only Issue with them as far as a team is their inconsistancy, I think most Oregon fans would even agree on that one. The reason I dont see Oregon putting up a lot of points on Ohio State is Ohio State is tops in the country in takeaways (#1 in ints) and Ohio State's front line has been playing lights out. Masoli will cause some Issue's for Ohio State's D, but if anyone watches Ohio State play, one thing their D does not do is miss open field tackles, another thing they do is each time they have a player wrapped up 2 or 3 players are always there at the point of attack, and they try to strip the ball...

Tress will do what he has done the past few games, and thats call a run heavy offense. Which means Masoli and the Oregon O will not be on the field alot if Ohio State can run the ball...

I actually think its going to be a good game. Either team obviously has the talent to win. Oregon has the Adv when it cames to the Offenses, but Ohio State has one of the Best D's in the Nation... Jan 1st cant get here fast enough..

oh And Pryor has went 2-0 against the other teams who were the last schools in the race to recruit him, now we'll see him against another final school who was in the running. I think he goes 3-0 against those schools...
GL either way, I hope its a great game, but ill take an Ohio State route over Oregon.!
smile.gif

It's going to be fun to make fun of you and you're lame #$% squad again, it's becoming tradition
laugh.gif

Oregon is going to stomp a mud hole in the browneye's #$%, mark my words.

Finally this game will take place.

I see people REALLY think the Ducks are going to blow the Buckeyes out...........This is their year. GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

I hate Oregon's play-by-play guy, Joe.
Seriously, probably the worst announcer in the history of collegiate sporting events.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Seriously, probably the worst announcer in the history of collegiate sporting events.

Can you believe that guy won an emmy?!
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

smh.gif
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
HUH?

08 - USC 35 - OSU -3

Not to mention tOSU only other loss is to a team we also beat...

The reason I dont see Oregon putting up a lot of points on Ohio State is Ohio State is tops in the country in takeaways (#1 in ints) and Ohio State's front line has been playing lights out. Masoli will cause some Issue's for Ohio State's D, but if anyone watches Ohio State play, one thing their D does not do is miss open field tackles

As far as Ohio St having one of the best defenses in the nation with ints... They haven't played against an offense like Oregon's all year. Oregon St has the best run D in the PAC 10 (which is undoubtedly better than the Big X this year) yet somehow we still managed to rush for 288 yards compared to their average of holding teams under 100 yards. Just sayin that statistics go by the wayside when you play against an offense like the Ducks.

The only Issue with them as far as a team is their inconsistancy, I think most Oregon fans would even agree on that one.

I'm also not sure what was meant by this comment though? The fact that this was the second game in conference that Oregon didn't score over 40? (the other being a game that Masoli sat out @ UCLA)

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Sat, Sep 26[/td] [td](6) California[/td] [td]W 42-3[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Oct 3[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [td]W 52-6[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Oct 10[/td] [td]at UCLA[/td] [td]W 24-10[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Oct 24[/td] [td]at Washington[/td] [td]W 43-19[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Oct 31[/td] [td](4) USC[/td] [td]W 47-20[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Nov 7[/td] [td]at Stanford[/td] [td]L 42-51[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Nov 14[/td] [td]Arizona State[/td] [td]W 44-21[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Sat, Nov 21[/td] [td]at Arizona[/td] [td]W 44-41[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Thu, Dec 3[/td] [td](13) Oregon State[/td] [td]W 37-33[/td] [/tr][/table]
GL either way, I hope its a great game
pimp.gif

but ill take an Ohio State route over Oregon.!
smile.gif

grin.gif
smh.gif

my comment on Oregon being inconistant was in referring to the 2 loses.. Same thing about Ohio State... Oregon has one heck of a team. But they lookedTERRIBLE against BSU, and looked not so great against Stanford..But I dont take only those two games and base my opinion of Oregon. I have seen them play andsome games they looked like one of the best teams in the nation.. But That's the Difference between a national championship team, and a team that goes11-2/ 10-3 etc is the consitancy week in and week out... Dont get me wrong, Ohio State is going to have its hands full with Oregon, but the same can be saidabout Oregon with Ohio State...

Also to your other comment about Ohio State not seeing another O like Oregon's, Oregon had not seen another D like Ohio State's....

Both teams have lots of talent. Both Teams have its pros and cons, so who knows what will happen, but I think it will be a good game.. And Obviously I thinkOhio State pulls out the W...
happy.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

08 - USC 35 - OSU -3

Even with the loss of lil animal and Jenkins this year's D has stepped up.. . I actually was rooting for Oregon last night... not a huge fan of the Pac-10, but being a Nike/Jordan fan, Ive watched Oregon the past few years... and they are a really good team this year. The only Issue with them as far as a team is their inconsistancy, I think most Oregon fans would even agree on that one. The reason I dont see Oregon putting up a lot of points on Ohio State is Ohio State is tops in the country in takeaways (#1 in ints) and Ohio State's front line has been playing lights out. Masoli will cause some Issue's for Ohio State's D, but if anyone watches Ohio State play, one thing their D does not do is miss open field tackles, another thing they do is each time they have a player wrapped up 2 or 3 players are always there at the point of attack, and they try to strip the ball...

Tress will do what he has done the past few games, and thats call a run heavy offense. Which means Masoli and the Oregon O will not be on the field alot if Ohio State can run the ball...

I actually think its going to be a good game. Either team obviously has the talent to win. Oregon has the Adv when it cames to the Offenses, but Ohio State has one of the Best D's in the Nation... Jan 1st cant get here fast enough..

oh And Pryor has went 2-0 against the other teams who were the last schools in the race to recruit him, now we'll see him against another final school who was in the running. I think he goes 3-0 against those schools...
smile.gif
It's going to be fun to make fun of you and you're lame #$% squad again, it's becoming tradition
laugh.gif

Oregon is going to stomp a mud hole in the browneye's #$%, mark my words.

hmm tradition? so Ohio State has lost 3 BCS bowl games in the past 3 years. Forget that Ohio State has been to 7 BCS bowl games, will be 8 after Jan 1st. Iftress and the buckeyes win they will be 5-3 in BCS bowl games. As a fan I will take that...
so I see.. you are basing PAST teams and PAST years results as the reason Ohio State loses...oh cool... I mights as well not even watch the game as Ohio Stateis 7-0 All times against Oregon....

hmm tradition? so Ohio State has lost 3 BCS bowl games in the past 3 years. Forget that Ohio State has been to 7 BCS bowl games, will be 8 after Jan 1st. If tress and the buckeyes win they will be 5-3 in BCS bowl games. As a fan I will take that...
so I see.. you are basing PAST teams and PAST years results as the reason Ohio State loses...oh cool... I mights as well not even watch the game as Ohio State is 7-0 All times against Oregon....

I've been staying out of these arguments... but dude, seriously, the last time Ohio State and Oregon played was 22 years ago.
smh.gif
You cannot base the current success of either school off of games played 20+ yearsago, especially since Oregon wasn't even in the same stratosphere as Ohio State back then (as far as recruiting, national coverage, etc).

Anyways, I'm going to save my analysis on the game for the official Rose Bowl thread.

smh.gif
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
HUH?
[table][tr][td]
And the EMMY[emoji]174[/emoji] goes to...

The following is a list of this past year's EMMY[emoji]174[/emoji] recipients, awarded on June 15th, 2002. Congratulations to all EMMY[emoji]174[/emoji] recipients!

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Sports Series

Fox Sports Net/Flying Colours, "Goin' Deep with the Ducks", Jon Horton, Producer, Tim Lay, Producer, Joe Giansante, Host
laugh.gif
smh.gif

It said he's won two and had five nominations...
eek.gif

ZOMG.

Joe Giasante is the worse ever.
Anthony Newman sucks a fatty too.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

hmm tradition? so Ohio State has lost 3 BCS bowl games in the past 3 years. Forget that Ohio State has been to 7 BCS bowl games, will be 8 after Jan 1st. If tress and the buckeyes win they will be 5-3 in BCS bowl games. As a fan I will take that...
so I see.. you are basing PAST teams and PAST years results as the reason Ohio State loses...oh cool... I mights as well not even watch the game as Ohio State is 7-0 All times against Oregon....

I've been staying out of these arguments... but dude, seriously, the last time Ohio State and Oregon played was 22 years ago.
smh.gif
You cannot base the current success of either school off of games played 20+ years ago, especially since Oregon wasn't even in the same stratosphere as Ohio State back then (as far as recruiting, national coverage, etc).

Anyways, I'm going to save my analysis on the game for the official Rose Bowl thread.

Read all of my post... Obviously the comment that you put in bold was sarcastic... Its basically saying the same thing as saying Ohio State is going to loseto Oregon because of what happened in 06-08... you cant base it off previous years results in THIS years game. I think Both teams match up well and itsgoing to be a good game.. I could see either team winning. I just think Ohio State pulls out the W... Either way Jan 1st cant get here soon enough.

I just think Ohio State pulls out the W L... Either way Jan 1st cant get here soon enough.

fixed and QFT
laugh.gif
Can't wait for this game. Should be one of the more entertaining bowls this year!

I just think Ohio State pulls out the W L... Either way Jan 1st cant get here soon enough.

fixed and QFT
laugh.gif
Can't wait for this game. Should be one of the more entertaining bowls this year!

grin.gif
Its cool... and I agree should be a good one...

Back
Top Bottom