Organizing iTunes (help me!)

I have no school tomorrow... and i'm staying in tonight... and slept all day... so I'm definitely about to start renaming and organizing all 10,000songs in my itunes in a few minutes smh wish me luck guys
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRjuhst

I have no school tomorrow... and i'm staying in tonight... and slept all day... so I'm definitely about to start renaming and organizing all 10,000 songs in my itunes in a few minutes smh wish me luck guys
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good luck sir. It'll be worth it when you finish. Just get in that rhythm.

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

Originally Posted by jrp44

Anyone know if I can get songs off my ipod to itunes? my old laptop is done and I can't get on there to retrieve itunes and all of my music is on there....please tell me there is a way to get the songs off my ipod onto itunes on my new laptop
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

I have a program called MediaWidget and it cost about $20.
alien.gif
alien.gif
who still pays for programs?? I have a free program for this OP downloadCopyTrans.

i have about 80GB of music.. for those who have 100+, do you guys actually listen to all your music?

i run my iTunes/iPod all day @ home, work, car, gym, etc and i still have tons of unplayed music. lol

Originally Posted by proper english

i have about 80GB of music.. for those who have 100+, do you guys actually listen to all your music?

i run my iTunes/iPod all day @ home, work, car, gym, etc and i still have tons of unplayed music. lol

I have 37GB and have the same problem.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Collecting music is just too easy and cheap these days to not add to the library.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Anyone pm me if you have a crazy iTunes library (orgnaized with album artwork) may have a proposition for you...
My iTunes is organized as hell and I owe it all to downloading albums from hosting sites like rapidshare, megaupload, etc. The files are almostalways in order and labeled correctly.

Sidebar, I absolutely despise unorganized iPods and Libraries. Just bothers the hell out of me to see 15 different categories for 50 Cent.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Collecting music is just too easy and cheap these days to not add to the library.

There's tons of music I skip over constantly but don't ever delete just in case

Quick question: I have a Random album that I use to keep songs without a full album and when I upload it onto my Iphone and I look through albums every song isthere with multiple Random albums listed. Anyone know how I can get there to be only one Random album instead of hundreds?

I don't even use iTunes. Since the MP3 player I have is best utilized with Samsung software, I just put my whole library on there. All of my library hasalbum art and organized though. I've still been trying how to figure out how to transfer another music library into a iTunes library because iTunes doeshave a better interface. For now, Ill stick with my Emo-Dio though.

29c585v.jpg

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

real talk.. so many situations where I want 1 song from an artist and I end up DLing his/her entire discography.

I used to love Itunes and just dealt with having to take time to organize my stuff. Then I found winamp, and it made things alot easier for me.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

real talk.. so many situations where I want 1 song from an artist and I end up DLing his/her entire discography.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I feel you though.
laugh.gif

o.c.d ftw

i do this everytime

i got like 20 redman c.d.'s

how is that possible
laugh.gif

REALTALK....I dowloaded a song from itunes by wifi onto my ipod touch. How the hell do I move the song out of the "Puchased" playlist and intio theplaylist I want it in and then delete the purchased playlist?????? I can't do it no matter how many times I try. The song looks like its in the playlistin itunes but it's not if I go the the list on the ipod. And the purchase floder won't delete!

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]YOU CANT[/color]

Technically you can convert your music from 128kbps to 320kbps
BUT... the end result is only as good as the original file...
sure it looks better but its gonna sound the same, maybe worse.

your best bet is to go to your library and find hardcopys or borrow from friends and rip them to your computer, or search the internet for better quality versions
Hello, i buy physical copies of all my music, so i was wondering what import setting do i use to rip all my music on 320 bit rate and if possible to do with all cds? or does it depend on the cd(since the cd would have the highest quality available for ripping on itunes since its the official copy)? like some cds can only rip at 128, 256m 320, ect or the setting does matter? The current import setting i have is i guess the default rip setting because i didnt touch it after reinstalling itunes.

HERE IS A REALLY GOOD GUIDE TO RIPPING YOUR HARD COPY ALBUMS
GOOD QUALITY, THIS IS WHAT "GROUPS" OR SCENES USE TO RIP YOUR FAVORITE LEAKED ALBUMS...THIS IS ALSO WHAT I USE
smile.gif

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
How To Rip Your Cds With >>EAC/LAME<< (A Simple Guide)

I'd like to start off saying that this really isn't a guide, but rather a guide to the guide the bestmp3guide as done by Chris Myden.

This is the temporary tutorial until I can get a full one written up soon.

Sorry for the ghetto arrows, but I'm no artist.

14bp5kz.jpg

The first thing you will need to do is go to:
Code:
Code:
www.bestmp3guide.com
A lot of people have been having trouble following the guide so I thought I'd give them a guide to follow along with the bestmp3guide.

So you can follow both of these guides together and refer back to both of them as you go along.

Download and install eac09b4.exe from:
Code:
Code:
www.bestmp3guide.com
other download links for EAC is here:

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28ZAU48Zhttp://rapidshare.com/files/173695202/eac09b4.exe
14bpb8o.jpg

Next, download the Nero Aspi Layer DLL from the bestmp3guide (winaspi32.dll) and put it in your Exact Audio Copy directory. (If using Windows XP you would save it to Start Menu/My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy)

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41CKQ24U
Alternative Links Here

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/173695410/wnaspi32.dllhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=KDNH6A9G
14bq4bm.jpg

14bqbky.jpg

Next, Open EAC, top left corner were it says Adapter ID make note of what the Adapter and ID Numbers of your drive are and download the profile that matches your drives Adapter and ID Numbers. (IE; Mp3byMyden [Adapter 1 ID
alien.gif
for Adapter 1 ID 0 Drive. Put that in C:/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy/Profiles. (If using Windows XP you would go to Start Menu/My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy/Profiles)

Open the MP3ByMyden zip and choose which config matches your drive and extract that one into your profiles directory.

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0AX2LXE0
14bqkq1.jpg

Next, download Lame.exe 3.90.3 and place it in C:/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy directory. (If using windows XP you would go to Start Menu/My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy)
LAME 3.90

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/200818956/lame.exe

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJUZGY70
LAME 3.97 (note if using lame 3.97 make sure to read the updates in this thread).

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/200741776/lame.exe

Code:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57R3KZTV
14bqnue.jpg

Next, in the bottom left hand corner, theres a drop down box, click it and select the MP3BYMyden config. Close EAC and reopen it again.

Once EAC is open again press F9.

14bqrd4.jpg

Under the General Tab, uncheck Beep after extraction finished (it's the most annoying thing you'll ever hear if left on).

14brcwp.jpg

Next, under the filename tab, on the left hand side were it says Naming Scheme, erase that and copy and paste this in there. (If you have your own string that you use it's fine, use your own.)

Code:
Code:
%D - %C\%N - %A - %T
And on the right hand side were it says Various Artists naming scheme erase that and copy this:

Code:
Code:
%C\%N - %A - %T
14brfar.jpg

Next, under the Directories tab, check use this directory and select a place on your computer to save your rips, then Click OK.

14briid.jpg

Next Click F11.

Under the Offset tab there's an option to write something in the ID3 tags right now there is something written in there by default you can choose to leave it there, write a custom comment or erase it and leave it blank.

Click OK and that should be it, no need to touch your extrernal compression options ever that just make's things go wild.

Pop in a cd and click Alt + G to look up cd info in the freedb data base.

Select your tracks and hit the mp3 button on the left.

NOTE: A black box will pop up after each track is extracted, dont close it, as this is LAME encoding the .wav into an .mp3.

A couple of thing's, if your not using (Secure Mode) while using EAC its a waist of time as (Burst Mode) won't detect errors and you'll still get bad rip's if the cd is scratched.

It is NOT recommended to rip Burned CD-R's as your mp3's can only be as good as the source they're coming from.

So ripping that CD-R that you burned with 96 kbs files WON'T make it sound any better, just worse.

If any of the links go down, or if you have any trouble using EAC pm me and I'll help you. You can also PM n@tedogg, kirkangil, or Sty1istic to name a few worthy users.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
---> EAC/LAME Rules <--- UPDATED 9.17.06

EAC/LAME Rips
Section Rules/Guidelines
Please read this or you'll be lost in this section.

---> All rips must be done with EAC version Beta 4 in secure mode.

---> All rips must must be encoded with a stable version of LAME.
*You are presently recommended to use 3.90.3 with the --alt preset standard (switch), but you are pemitted to use the newly established standard of 3.97b3 with the -V2 --vbr-new %s %d (switch)

---> All rips must be tagged properly.

---> When posting a thread you must include your EAC log (Put It In Code Format) to show that there are no errors. Also, please post a tracklist and, if possible, a cover.

---> Please have your thread title formatted like, or similar to:

[Genre] Artist - Album Name - Year [Cover, Log, Tracklist]

---> Only original retail albums are to be ripped... This means absolutely NO burned CD rips.

---> Pease keep your non-upload replies to a minimum as to maintain the organized methods of this section. But don't hesitate to ask questions or reply if you must. Please give Props where Props is due!

---> If tracks don't rip correctly in EAC the rip is NOT to be posted (Don't Rip With another ripper and encode as it probably contains errors).

--->Non-retail mixtape rips do not belong in the eac/lame section. No bootleg quality!

---> If you have any problems, questions, and/or concerns you can PM danny, n@tedogg, or Sty1istic about them. We'll be able to answer anything you need.

Thanks,

-Itsbx JB Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!
3.97 Final Users. (Scene setting)

You must first change under compression options, LAME MP3 encoder, to USER DEFINED ENCODER.

Then you must change your command line to -V2 --vbr-new %s %d

The bitrate selection dosent matter, leave it at 128 or whatever.

MP3's will now properly go down to 32kbps if need be.

Without sacrificing noise shaping or mimimum bitrate enforcing.

Here is a fresh link for those who need the 3.97 Final .exe file

Code:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/fil...41/3.97_Final-Styles.zip
[/td] [/tr][/table]
hmm, appreciate it, but honestly im not looking to do that at the moment for all the music i have. i guess i just should of asked what is the bestimport setting that itunes has. but i will mos def do that when i get my laptop.

15,523 files, 101.7 GB due to FLAC files

Itunes would take an eternity, MediaMonkey is the only program that can handle my catalog

if you just start with it from the beginning, you'll have no problems. + i export my library like once a week after adding new stuff.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

15,523 files, 101.7 GB due to FLAC files
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

But
pimp.gif
@ the same time. I don't see the hype over FLAC. Guess it'sbecause I don't have HQ Sound Stuff.

Originally Posted by candyman

When organizing your music do you guys change the file name or just the info on itunes?

Just the info.

like the artist, song, albu, genre, track number...

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by candyman

When organizing your music do you guys change the file name or just the info on itunes?

Just the info.

like the artist, song, albu, genre, track number...

Aww, step your games up and get the producer, lyrics, notes, artist biography/about me, etc
lol, jk.. but i do have a handful of files w/ lyrics in them.

i got around 1300 songs/ 6.15 GB and its been taking me for maybe 2 hours just editing it so the Featuring is on the song name.
almost done tho. it'll feel great when i got 30 artist names and all songs for every artist in one category on my Ipod

Back
Top Bottom