"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

EPro2 Campfire Stories review

I found it interesting that he uses them as a daily and even on slow days. I tried the EPro 1s on a recovery run ~7’40-50” pace, and I would agree.

ES shanghai might be my next ES once it hits that deep disco

also just received 20% off $100+ from sauconay.com so keep a lookout on your emails

2.jpg

If you aren’t going to use and if it isn’t user specific, hook it up! Lol

-edit-

Not sure why... but right after I got the code from rfx45 rfx45 , I noticed that I had a limited time offer of $50 off the Campfire EPro2s. I tried to stack the code but no go LOL

I'm glad that I didn't pull the trigger at retail.

Last edited:
New ESpeed 2 cws via Saucony.com

Chengdu
S20597-110_5.jpg

Wuhan (There's going to be a stigma attached though :emoji_grimacing:)
S20688-200_5.jpg

Saucony offers the BEST cws for their performance running line! Their lifestyle models get my business too.

What is everyone's weekly mileage in here? Need to replace my daily and EZ shoes, but was trying to hold out till all the new stuff comes out from the brands supposedly in July. Gonna have to pick up another set (and will probably burn through them before July anyway 😂).

What is everyone's weekly mileage in here? Need to replace my daily and EZ shoes, but was trying to hold out till all the new stuff comes out from the brands supposedly in July. Gonna have to pick up another set (and will probably burn through them before July anyway 😂).
I was running around 30k a week. But the past few weeks I've been working a lot so now I'm only doing 10k on the weekends. I'm currently using my 3rd pair of 1080v11's. I'm waiting for the v12's come out.

im averaging between 6-8 miles a day and 5-6 days a week this year, last year and the year before i think i was 8-10 miles per day

i will likely wear out a shoe or two by july
When you were running 8-10 miles a day what were you eating to ensure you were getting enough energy to keep running. I tried running 5 miles a day and felt hungry all the time😂

its actually the most difficult part because i also do intermittent fasting and it was difficult in the beginning but your body adapts to it just like any workouts, just got go to disneyland for a cheat day and pig out once in a while

its actually the most difficult part because i also do intermittent fasting and it was difficult in the beginning but your body adapts to it just like any workouts, just got go to disneyland for a cheat day and pig out once in a while
What type of fast? I’m looking for any edge to run more miles

a lot do 8 hour window to eat and then 16 hours of water only, i do 4/20 and do my runs in the morning when at the peak of the fast so that it burns fats

science-wise, it does provide more energy because when you eat more often, your metabolism goes through cycles of storing then burning carb/sugar, storing then burning while when fasting its a slow steady pace of burning through fat

in the beginning, you will feel flat and hungry because we’ve been conditioned to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and small meals between those (hell many still go by the route of more small meals throughout the day philosophy) and most of the time hunger is a state of mind but stay with it and within a week or two, you will feel and see the difference

i still highly suggest reading about it more and further understand the science and what works best for you and your body and how to ease into it but i feel like its a game changer but this it might also not work with everyone especially if you may have a health condition that cant support such diet

i am not sure if this is 100% accurate but when someone asks me to explain, what i always say is its the caveman diet where you just hunt and eat when you’re hungry, we have evolved to eat a lot more, a lot often and it makes sense to me

im averaging between 6-8 miles a day and 5-6 days a week this year, last year and the year before i think i was 8-10 miles per day

This is A LOT to me now! What's your average pace for these runs?

Prior to COVID, I was doing about 20-30mi/week. Now, I'm at about 10mi/week. Not really training for any races ATM, so I'm taking it light.

Yeah I’m averaging about 40-45 miles a week right now. Just need to suck it up and replace them.

run 5-6 times a week with 60-70 miles a week with no race plans in mind at the moment.

it sucks right now waiting and not having set release dates on the upcoming shoes. my suggestion is to just look for a past year or current shoe on discount right now to hold you down for the time being, just won’t be as exciting but at least it’ll get the job done.

B blancourouge not sure if you tried yet, but the reebok floatride energy and puma velocity nitro are both really well priced and versatile shoes that i personally think are best bang for the buck

run 5-6 times a week with 60-70 miles a week with no race plans in mind at the moment.

it sucks right now waiting and not having set release dates on the upcoming shoes. my suggestion is to just look for a past year or current shoe on discount right now to hold you down for the time being, just won’t be as exciting but at least it’ll get the job done.

B blancourouge not sure if you tried yet, but the reebok floatride energy and puma velocity nitro are both really well priced and versatile shoes that i personally think are best bang for the buck

Really want to like the velocity nitros, but they’re a bit too narrow for my wide feet even on a half size up.

Planning on re-upping on the rebel v2, invincible’s, and maybe the speed 2’s all at bargain prices on **** colorways to hold me over till July.

This is A LOT to me now! What's your average pace for these runs?

Prior to COVID, I was doing about 20-30mi/week. Now, I'm at about 10mi/week. Not really training for any races ATM, so I'm taking it light.

Taking it light at 6 mins/mile? Dang, your definition of light is way different than mine lol. What's your avg HR during those run?

By light, I meant volume :emoji_sweat_smile:

My HR is averaging in the low 160s for those runs.

On a different note, the Campfire EPro2s have shipped! These are one my favorite sneaker releases this year (of all brands!).

Any word on the New Balannce SC shoes releasing? Want to try the SC trainer

Need something different from my Nike plated shoes

Back
Top Bottom