"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

yeah seems like asics did more than an upper change and there’s minor tweaks with the midsole, strange how they’re dubbing it the plus instead of 2.
guess all the protos we’ve seen the past couple months were these

The forefoot area of the midsole looks deceivingly higher than the heel. I’m just glad they’re FINALLY leaving Crimson/Red/Orange alone! Lol

I also like they’re priced exactly like the Sky 1s @ $250.

The forefoot area of the midsole looks deceivingly higher than the heel. I’m just glad they’re FINALLY leaving Crimson/Red/Orange alone! Lol

I also like they’re priced exactly like the Sky 1s @ $250.

i just watched the runningwarehouse video and they said that’s where they tinkered with the midsole, gave more foam in the forefoot and repositioned the plate a bit

wish we would get the all white pair, but this initial one isn’t too bad either

I'm IN! The debut cw is just well done! I'll be opting for the Sky+ over the Edge+. I'm curious in feeling the difference in the CF positioning though. Also, I wonder how many (errrr few...) cws ASICS will be offering for them. The Sky1 only had three cws. :emoji_frowning2:

:emoji_camera_with_flash: the Campfire Stories EPro 2s

Saucony Endorphin 2 - Campfire Stories.png

This photo does not do their vibrancy justice. They really BEAM IRL! :emoji_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Came in first in my age group (M35-39) running a 10K this past weekend using the Deviate Nitro Elite! It was a smaller race (field of 1200) but still, haven't done that one before :smile: Really impressed with how the Pebax Nitro foam performs. The Vaporfly might be a second or two faster per mile for me but it's such a small gap-excited to see Puma continue to innovate on this midsole.

Doing some testing of these 3, and just ordered the NB FF More V3 to see which ones I like the best. I’ll give them a better test later today or tomorrow to see how they are. (Left to right Fuel Cell Rebel V2, 1080v12, Adidas Adizero Takumi Sen 8)

Love the colors on the Adidas, & the pink on the Rebels are kinda dope.
AB8190B9-DA95-437D-BBFA-8D2CB7D3426F.jpeg

Currently have the Hoka Gaviota 3, but they are heavy, and not fun to run in at all. My other pair is the Saucony EP, and haven’t put too many miles on them yet, but need something else in the rotation that is a bit more plush.

I’m excited about the Magic Speed 2s too. Hopefully, they release some good cws. It seems like ASICS’ cws are similar to each other.

I'm looking forward to the ESpeed 3s (moreso than the Pro3s) too! These will be scooped up!

via IG
IMG_6597.JPG

This cw reminds me of Beast from the X-Men lol
EdO9CQGXsAESozV.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed running in the Magic Speed 1, one of my favourite shoes of last year, so excited to see what they bring to the table with v2.

loving the oregon CWs and will grab the magic speed 2, but since i favor white shoes, i really hope asics eventually starts doing a white pair with their blue/red tiger stripes

Can't tell from these compressed images, but definitely some unreleased colorway of upcoming SC Elite v3. Don't think they're the RC Elite 2's because of the midsole shape.

Can't tell from these compressed images, but definitely some unreleased colorway of upcoming SC Elite v3. Don't think they're the RC Elite 2's because of the midsole shape.

Looks like the SC Elite v3 midsole with an RC Elite 2 upper (SC Elite has a pull tab; the ones in the pics don't look like they do)

Back
Top Bottom