"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Anyone trying out the Endorphin Elite? They're live today.

Just recently had to start using custom orthotics for my messed up feet. Problem is they are thick and in almost of my running shoes the heal slippage is insane now. Anyone have any suggestions of higher backed heal areas of running shoes??
Try the Infinity; its insole is ridiculously thin. I’ve swapped it for a Turbo insole—which are kind of thick—and had no problems with the fit. In fact, it improved the ride.

Also, I’ve used Currex insoles in the Infinity with no problems.

My only experience running in ASICS is the Superblast so I haven’t previously paid attention to if/when their shoes are discounted by the brand itself or some other merchant. But lately I’ve been on the lookout for the Superblast on sale, with no luck. Are they a stingy brand?

Last edited:
My only experience running in ASICS is the Superblast so I haven’t previously paid attention to if/when their shoes are discontinued by the brand itself or some other merchant. But lately I’ve been on the lookout for the Superblast on sale, with no luck. Are they a stingy brand?
Asics hardly ever had any discount on their shoes, unless you are first responder or a medical staff.
Saucony and Adidas offer good discount few times even on their current line up.

My only experience running in ASICS is the Superblast so I haven’t previously paid attention to if/when their shoes are discontinued by the brand itself or some other merchant. But lately I’ve been on the lookout for the Superblast on sale, with no luck. Are they a stingy brand?
Usually only when the new model is on the horizon. Same deal with the NB 1080 v12's, Im trying to grab my wife a pair and they're still at full retail...

Usually only when the new model is on the horizon. Same deal with the NB 1080 v12's, Im trying to grab my wife a pair and they're still at full retail...
It’s just disappointing when they’re excluded from promos EVERYWHERE. Smh.

It’s just disappointing when they’re excluded from promos EVERYWHERE. Smh.
Might wanna keep an eye on Footlocker. They carry 1080v12's. NB running shoes usually eligible when the footstore 25-30% discos pop up. I got a pair of 1080v11's last year with the 30% off discount.

Becoming a big fan of the Metaspeed Sky+

628F3FD8-5B38-4221-8EAC-8F894D7ABDB9.jpeg

17330C30-9BC4-4E0D-97D9-FE720D829DD2.jpeg

However, I’ll be rolling with a VFN rendition on race day.

Had a workout in the SC Elite’s this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the propulsive effect from them. My perceived effort was significantly lower than the paces my watch was showing, which wasn’t the case with the RC Elite v2. A word of caution, I’d wear thick socks with these as the upper places a good amount of pressure on your lateral ankle. Otherwise they’re great!

BC5E85A9-1431-465F-9A2E-BF7038A1D9E5.jpeg

Had a workout in the SC Elite’s this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the propulsive effect from them. My perceived effort was significantly lower than the paces my watch was showing, which wasn’t the case with the RC Elite v2. A word of caution, I’d wear thick socks with these as the upper places a good amount of pressure on your lateral ankle. Otherwise they’re great!

Was curious about the ankle collar situation I’ve been hearing about. You think thicker socks resolves it?

Was curious about the ankle collar situation I’ve been hearing about. You think thicker socks resolves it?

The stitching along the collar protrudes inwards and applies pressure to your ankle. I could see thin socks really being an issue but I did 7 miles in these with a thicker sock and didn't have any irritation afterwards. It feels like a design oversight from NB which is a shame because the rest of the shoe is really good. It wasn't bad enough for me to not train in them but just something to be aware of if you're looking to buy them.

I’ve read and watched reviews of a couple of users complaining about the upper. The knitted certainly looks nice though! I’ve got the Pineapple cw OTW, and I can’t wait to try them out.

I’ve read and watched reviews of a couple of users complaining about the upper. The knitted certainly looks nice though! I’ve got the Pineapple cw OTW, and I can’t wait to try them out.

It's super comfortable except for that one area where it presses on your lateral ankle. That said, I didn't feel the pressure at all when I was running, just make sure you have a bit thicker socks to prevent rubbing right there. Enjoy them, it was a LOT of fun! :smile:

Listened to the coffee club podcast with the on running team and two of them mentioned this has been one of their new favorite shoes in their training rotation.

Listened to the coffee club podcast with the on running team and two of them mentioned this has been one of their new favorite shoes in their training rotation.

ON has a lot of good stuff in the works, plenty of opportunities for them to just try new things and they're continuously learning. excited for what they got in stored

Back
Top Bottom