"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Had a workout in the SC Elite’s this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the propulsive effect from them. My perceived effort was significantly lower than the paces my watch was showing, which wasn’t the case with the RC Elite v2. A word of caution, I’d wear thick socks with these as the upper places a good amount of pressure on your lateral ankle. Otherwise they’re great!

Received mine yesterday. I can finally FEEL what most of the reviewers have stated about the upper. It’s really that uncomfortable. For me, the major pressure point is at the lateral anterior section where the tongue begins. I don’t even want to try them out for a run. They’re going back unfortunately. They would’ve been my Disneyland race day shoe.

ED2F09A6-8777-4A7E-A818-2C5B17A64CC0.jpeg

The RCv2 upper >

Received mine yesterday. I can finally FEEL what most of the reviewers have stated about the upper. It’s really that uncomfortable. For me, the major pressure point is at the lateral anterior section where the tongue begins. I don’t even want to try them out for a run. They’re going back unfortunately. They would’ve been my Disneyland race day shoe.

ED2F09A6-8777-4A7E-A818-2C5B17A64CC0.jpeg

The RCv2 upper >

Oof, sorry to hear it was that bad for you. I think it presses into everyone's lateral ankle at that spot and I'm a bit dumbfounded that NB didn't have more wear testers provide that feedback. It's a shame because the rest of the shoe is great.

Kinda hype for the Rocket X2. Hoka's comfort and smoothness are second to none, and if they're using a Pebax that will be an awesome shoe.

The Mach 5 has a supercritical top layer of ProFly+, it’s not Pebax but it feels quite a bit livelier than any other Hoka
I did notice that thanks, wonder if that's the direction theyre going...are we going to see a full profly+ ? I'd be tempted to try that. For now, the novablast series has set the bar so high. I like it better than zoomx even.

About 48 hours ago they all quietly reduced MSRP from $220 to $200 🤷‍♂️

high costs they dealt with from covid is finally settling down for them and they're now able to bring down the price on the superblasts

Market was probably the biggest factor. They probably didn't move like they wanted them to and the price was the biggest hurdle. $200 is a bit more "reasonable" (still expensive) since like the Nike Tempo Next% was $200 for its retail price.

I did notice that thanks, wonder if that's the direction theyre going...are we going to see a full profly+ ? I'd be tempted to try that. For now, the novablast series has set the bar so high. I like it better than zoomx even.
Probably will see full Profly+, but
Market was probably the biggest factor. They probably didn't move like they wanted them to and the price was the biggest hurdle. $200 is a bit more "reasonable" (still expensive) since like the Nike Tempo Next% was $200 for its retail price.
Yep, pricepoint was too close to the Metaspeed Sky/Edge, but also too far from their other premium daily trainers

Asics S4 is exclusive to Japan - interesting. I don't think it was gonna sell well anyway but the idea of region exclusives nowadays is kinda interesting.

Asics S4 is exclusive to Japan - interesting. I don't think it was gonna sell well anyway but the idea of region exclusives nowadays is kinda interesting.

different preferences for different regions across the globe. when it comes to what we already have in the states, it does not really slot well in anywhere and this is just one of those shoes that fits better for what the runners over in Japan prefer

C0D3760A-34DD-4108-8B5A-7275BD076161.png

Surpassed 150 miles on the Superblast and they’re holding up quite well; aside from typical wear of the outsole, they look and feel the same as they did at mile 50. Definitely my favorite trainer—I use them for just about every run nowadays. For example, right now a typical week looks like this…

C5E4D09B-2E32-43E5-8C91-197053CA20E3.jpeg

Monday is an easy 5K, Tuesday is a 5K warmup plus 5x1K broken tempo, Wednesday is a 15K Fartlek, and Saturday is an easy 20K. Aside from using the VFN for the 5x1K, I run everything else in the Superblast.

via ASICS’ IG

14A219C7-DB78-49A1-91C8-6A5DA6C3077C.jpeg

BF7117AA-5D0B-4FD0-A979-845BBD78E902.jpeg

This is the best cw for the Edge+ yet! The actual images of the tongue appear almost Black rather than the Navy pictured in the stock images.

It’s really unusual for Saucony not to have good cws for their performance silhouettes.

The “Invader” EPro 3 is the only cw that I really like.

BC4C4F66-672E-4AA1-AA6B-EA088C9D6EC3.jpeg

It doesn’t have the super breathable mesh like the others.

It’s really unusual for Saucony not to have good cws for their performance silhouettes.

The “Invader” EPro 3 is the only cw that I really like.

BC4C4F66-672E-4AA1-AA6B-EA088C9D6EC3.jpeg

It doesn’t have the super breathable mesh like the others.
Nice cw that

Back
Top Bottom