"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Superblast is way firmer/more stable and more of an uptempo shoe than the Invincible. The FF Turbo is firm but bouncy, idk that it fits in with anything that Nike is currently offering. NB4 is definitely the daily trainer in the vein of the Pegasus
Haven't tried the NB4. I liked the SB more than the NB3.

I heard the NB4 has a cushion feel similar to the SB.

Haven't tried the NB4. I liked the SB more than the NB3.

I heard the NB4 has a cushion feel similar to the SB.

I'm currently 50 miles into my Novablast 4's and liking them a lot more than the 3's. More stable, with a rolling geometry not unlike the Superblast. The Nova 4's almost feel like they were built on an identical last to the Superblast, the sizing feels exactly the same. The FF Blast+ Eco is still a good amount softer than the FF Turbo in the Superblast. In the NB4 you get that squish/compression and springback feeling on each step whereas the Superblast is just more responsive. I tend to prefer the NB4's for easier miles and Superblasts for long runs with some pace.

I’ll DM you too! :emoji_raised_hands:

My first run of 2023!

3AC13030-D26E-4CD7-8B55-B0FDAD88F134.jpeg

A9CB0845-514E-4D9E-B651-869B86A04C41.jpeg

Happy New Year, NTrunners!

Here’s how my 2023 mileage panned out:

IMG_6920.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

I know it’s not as much in mileage or as fast in pace as most in here. However, for me, it’s the most mileage I’ve logged since 2019.

Will continue the tradition for 2024!

Last edited:
Does anyone own/tried on the Hoka Ora Recovery Slide 3?
100251778_CRMC_1_grande.jpg

After reading a couple of reviews, it seems like they fit big, so going down one size is advised.

I'm usually wearing the Nike Asuna Slide 2s around the house. They're alright... nothing to rave about. Maybe it's time for an upgrade?

Last edited:

After reading a couple of reviews, it seems like they fit big, so going down one size is advised.

I'm usually wearing the Nike Asuna Slide 2s around the house. They're alright... not to rave about. Maybe it's time for an upgrade?
I have these and they do fit large. I generally wear a 13 and I for sure could’ve went down a size . Feel is great tho and I’m debating picking up another pair or going with the Kane Revive Recovery Shoe

I have these and they do fit large. I generally wear a 13 and I for sure could’ve went down a size . Feel is great tho and I’m debating picking up another pair or going with the Kane Revive Recovery Shoe

I scooped up a pair for ~$40 shipped from ROOTED. I didn’t really need a new “recovery” slide, but the cw really SOLD me.

I'm usually wearing the Nike Asuna Slide 2s around the house. They're alright... not to rave about. Maybe it's time for an upgrade?
Yeah go for it. They’re super comfortable, especially after breaking in. I wear 10.5 in most shoes—10 in the Superblast—and a 10 in the Ora works for me.

And here I was expecting them to increase it to 50% off during the holidays like last year :emoji_laughing: :stoneface:

The AMEX offer ($15 off $85) ends at the end of the month. I’ll probably scoop up the NVB4s in the Lime cw the 25% off med code stacked.
Bout to ask you to do separate orders and grab me one 😩

Are NB4s a good option for someone who does mostly 5-10ks?
I run about 2-3 times a week anywhere between 5 and 10k. I currently run in Hoka ATR Challenge 7 and find it decent but looking to update now! (Would consider Nike too). Any recommendations?

It depends… what effort are you running at? Do you prefer that plush or that firmness for your runs?

I think the NVB3 is a great option as it serves a wide variety of runners. Plus, they’re discounted now that the NVB4 is out.

That or the Superblast. The NB4 is arguably the best trainer available right now but I personally enjoy the higher ceiling of pace and distance of the Superblast. My first pair surpassed 300 miles a couple weeks ago and they still feel great—they’re not as fast as the first 200 miles but what you lose in speed you gain in comfort. I mean, it’s just nice to have a shoe that can do it all but shines brightest for faster/longer efforts. Is it $60 better than the NB4? No, not for 5-10K. But for 10 milers or half marathons? Yep.

I bought a pair of the neon NB4. Got it for just over $100. Interested in the daily trainer potential. Hopefully they’re soft.

I bought a pair of the neon NB4. Got it for just over $100. Interested in the daily trainer potential. Hopefully they’re soft.

Looking forward to your thoughts on them, ESP when comparing them to the NVB3 and SBs, which I think you have lol

Not sold on the FF Blast Plus ECO yet.

Back
Top Bottom