"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

The Novablast 4 TR could be my entry into this iteration as I don't like any of the launch colours of the standard shoe, just needs a lace swap I think.

The women's cw of the TR is much better than the mens imo.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 10.47.16.png

It depends… what effort are you running at? Do you prefer that plush or that firmness for your runs?

I think the NVB3 is a great option as it serves a wide variety of runners. Plus, they’re discounted now that the NVB4 is out.

Usually around 5:10/km (faster without the dog and below 5:30/km with the dog)
I’m around 225 lbs and my knees went through a lot but I usually like something that’s responsive and not too firm. I might give the NB3s a go then!

The Novablast 4 TR could be my entry into this iteration as I don't like any of the launch colours of the standard shoe, just needs a lace swap I think.

If needed, these laces from Merrell are nearly the same (sans lace width) as those of the NB4 and VF of old:

Black laces would SET those OFF right, IMO!

Speaking of laces, I think Saucony’s performance laces are my favorite. They remind me of the old Flyknit Lunar 1 ribbon laces, which were thin and would always become undone. However, Saucony’s version is thicker and more elastic.

Usually around 5:10/km (faster without the dog and below 5:30/km with the dog)
I’m around 225 lbs and my knees went through a lot but I usually like something that’s responsive and not too firm. I might give the NB3s a go then!

Go for it!

Or…. maybe you can try the VaporFly Next 2% or the original AlphaFly Next% if you want to get well below 5:00/km. Those two seem like they’ll provide you with what you prefer and more!

Black laces would SET those OFF right, IMO!

Speaking of laces, I think Saucony’s performance laces are my favorite. They remind me of the old Flyknit Lunar 1 ribbon laces, which were thin and would always become undone. However, Saucony’s version is thicker and more elastic.

Go for it!

Or…. maybe you can try the VaporFly Next 2% or the original AlphaFly Next% if you want to get well below 5:00/km. Those two seem like they’ll provide you with what you prefer and more!
Thanks for the tips! Actually walked into a NB outlet and found the SC Elite V3. I might keep these for the longer runs. I saw that you have these as well, pretty happy with them?

Thanks for the tips! Actually walked into a NB outlet and found the SC Elite V3. I might keep these for the longer runs. I saw that you have these as well, pretty happy with them?

DOPE! What cw did you scoop up? I'm looking for another one in Cosmic Pineapple cw.

Very happy with all the ones I mentioned!

Does anyone own/tried on the Hoka Ora Recovery Slide 3?
100251778_CRMC_1_grande.jpg

After reading a couple of reviews, it seems like they fit big, so going down one size is advised.

I'm usually wearing the Nike Asuna Slide 2s around the house. They're alright... nothing to rave about. Maybe it's time for an upgrade?

I scooped up a pair for ~$40 shipped from ROOTED. I didn’t really need a new “recovery” slide, but the cw really SOLD me.

I’m so annoyed I missed the rooted sale these were down to $28 could def use some haha

DOPE! What cw did you scoop up? I'm looking for another one in Cosmic Pineapple cw.

Very happy with all the ones I mentioned!
They only had the white/pink/purple, I wish they had the volt one for men but only for women!

theyre just combining wrestling tv shows names?

cant wait for the “raw impact” and “smackdown collision” and “thunder heat”

Now that you mention it all of Puma’s lineup sounds like wrestling event names with the “Nitro” moniker attached to each 😂

Never ran with any gels/drink mixes/chews.

Bad idea to start with a marathon race? In the past I usually crash at mile 22 so my nutrition during races were always ignored.

nah, i usually only do gels on half marathons

only other time i use them outside of a half is to test it out and make sure it doesnt f up my stomach

nah, i usually only do gels on half marathons

only other time i use them outside of a half is to test it out and make sure it doesnt f up my stomach
Haven’t done any with previous halfs/fulls/or training runs 15+ miles.

Wondering if I’m sabotaging myself using it for the first time for a an actual full when I don’t really know my I’ll respond.

Nothing new on race day as they say.

Just try a few out for your training runs and see how your stomach reacts. I’ve never had any issues but everyone is different

i have a more sensitive stomach and lactose intolerant so i go to be careful what i consume during long runs

just gon a few training runs and try one before you go and see how you feel afterwards

even if its a short run and see how it reacts to your body throughout the day even if you're just chillin, just consume one to see

if you dont have a sensitive stomach, most likely you'll be fine but its its just safer to try

Back
Top Bottom