"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Tried these out as a possible marathon shoe yesterday. They’re really good for being protective, comfortable and they made my marathon pace feel effortless. I ran them up to half marathon pace and noticed they weren’t quite as explosive as a Vaporfly or Endorphin Pro…but I don’t think the RC 2’s are meant to be. My joints and feet barely feel like I ran double digit miles yesterday and that’s pretty incredible. I do have some slight ankle soreness, probably from how soft they are with such a high stack. Not a bad thing, a reminder to work on strengthening my peroneals and calves.

0EB6F487-A5D9-4543-8246-0E67190979A3.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup, can't seem to find any information other than the amazon listing. Says unavailable, sold out, so not sure if they were released or just a. placeholder for a future date.

I wonder if the orange ones are part of the upcoming Jackalope 3.0 pack?

I was thinking that, it does fit in with the colour scheme they're going with.

For anyone that is ordering Craft clothing - size up, they fit small! My fault for not checking the sizing guide. Also, their CTM running cap is awesome, probably the best running cap I've tried so far.

I’ve bought Craft cycling kit for years and always went TTS. Which running clothing apparel did you buy that fit small?

Went ahead and got another pair of 1080v11. So many other pairs I'd like to try but sucks that most of them don't come in a wide and some of the ones that do just don't feel right for me. Clifton 7 felt good initially but kinna feels sluggish after a while in comparison.

Went ahead and got another pair of 1080v11. So many other pairs I'd like to try but sucks that most of them don't come in a wide and some of the ones that do just don't feel right for me. Clifton 7 felt good initially but kinna feels sluggish after a while in comparison.

Hard to go wrong with the 1080, especially if you need a wide width. I replaced mine with the Novablast 2, but I wouldn’t have minded another pair. You might want to look into the Rincon 3, coming out in a wide width too

Been running in the Novablast 2 for a week now and I got to say I'm not getting on with the fit, can always feel my toes, no pain or anything, but maybe the knit is tight or just too thick an upper perhaps... I'm going to move them on and try something else. They're quite nice to run in though.

Went half down in these but my Magic Speed due tomorrow is TTS, so hope they fit better....

Been running in the Novablast 2 for a week now and I got to say I'm not getting on with the fit, can always feel my toes, no pain or anything, but maybe the knit is tight or just too thick an upper perhaps... I'm going to move them on and try something else. They're quite nice to run in though.

Went half down in these but my Magic Speed due tomorrow is TTS, so hope they fit better....

That's a shame. I have noticed Nova 2's upper is a bit thicker than Nova 1 as well. Let us know how you get on with the Magic Speeds. I've heard they're quite firm at first but break in nicely and become pretty nice as an Endorphin Speed/Tempo Next competitor.

any reason why you went half down? i know that that the novablast 1 did feel a bit long TTS, but i honestly think that it was a good fit for a daily trainer and didnt warrant the need to size down like many reviews mentioned

any reason why you went half down? i know that that the novablast 1 did feel a bit long TTS, but i honestly think that it was a good fit for a daily trainer and didnt warrant the need to size down like many reviews mentioned

I went TTS on the 1s and half down on the 2’s. Honestly they did feel a bit long on both versions, but the half down is working well for me in terms of fit

Hard to go wrong with the 1080, especially if you need a wide width. I replaced mine with the Novablast 2, but I wouldn’t have minded another pair. You might want to look into the Rincon 3, coming out in a wide width too
How does the Novablast 2 fit in terms of width? Do they feel like they'd be somewhat ok for wide feet or do they feel narrow?

That's a shame. I have noticed Nova 2's upper is a bit thicker than Nova 1 as well. Let us know how you get on with the Magic Speeds. I've heard they're quite firm at first but break in nicely and become pretty nice as an Endorphin Speed/Tempo Next competitor.

magic speed delivery delayed as going through Germany, and with the floods there probably will get them Monday. Will let you know!

well I tried the Novablast 2 (another colourway) in the flagship store both my normal size and half down and the half down fitted better. I remember historically, I have always had to go half down in asics models, I find the models I’ve tried tend to run a bit long.

well I tried the Novablast 2 (another colourway) in the flagship store both my normal size and half down and the half down fitted better. I remember historically, I have always had to go half down in asics models, I find the models I’ve tried tend to run a bit long.
Novablast 1 ran big for me as well.

Tried these out as a possible marathon shoe yesterday. They’re really good for being protective, comfortable and they made my marathon pace feel effortless. I ran them up to half marathon pace and noticed they weren’t quite as explosive as a Vaporfly or Endorphin Pro…but I don’t think the RC 2’s are meant to be. My joints and feet barely feel like I ran double digit miles yesterday and that’s pretty incredible. I do have some slight ankle soreness, probably from how soft they are with such a high stack. Not a bad thing, a reminder to work on strengthening my peroneals and calves.

0EB6F487-A5D9-4543-8246-0E67190979A3.jpeg
I really want to try these.

Back
Top Bottom