"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Took the Asics Magic Speed out for it's maiden voyage today. The fit and grip on these things is fantastic I have to say, I really dig the look/shape/fit of these things on foot. Took them out for 6x200m sprints and they did not disappoint, they run significantly faster than the speeds I have, definitely felt faster too, to the point I couldn't stop lol.. just kept on going past my stop point forest Gump style.

The rocker is quite significant compared to the speed and speed 2 I have, kind of like the super shoes in that you just can't stand still in them, you find yourself leaning forward ready to go. Less Cush than endorphin speed (but might soften up after break in I read) but quicker roll through and pop.

Overall, digging them but feel like they are less versatile than the Saucony but will definitely keep alongside.

Interesting. Might need to cop when I burn through these Speed 2's which won't take too long, currently training for a marathon and that eats through shoes pretty fast:lol:

F5FC7CE6-8D09-4536-A3CA-0BCB501629C2.jpeg

905C452F-E636-44FE-81EB-2DA965DDD394.jpeg

Never tried the previous versions of the Peg Trail but returning these after two runs in them. Ride felt flat and boring and to make it worse these things do not grip well on wet surfaces. The NB Hierro Gore-Tex has a much more comfy and responsive ride and the Vibram sole is so much better. Love how the Peg Trail 3 looks though and the toe box is wide foot friendly 👌

F5FC7CE6-8D09-4536-A3CA-0BCB501629C2.jpeg

905C452F-E636-44FE-81EB-2DA965DDD394.jpeg

Never tried the previous versions of the Peg Trail but returning these after two runs in them. Ride felt flat and boring and to make it worse these things do not grip well on wet surfaces. The NB Hierro Gore-Tex has a much more comfy and responsive ride and the Vibram sole is so much better. Love how the Peg Trail 3 looks though and the toe box is wide foot friendly 👌

That's a nice colorway, not worth just keeping for casual wear? Where did you get them, I can't seem to find them anywhere online (US)?

Adidas website still looks to have a full size run. I'm really tempted to get a pair even though I'm almost 100% sure they will turn my right ankle to dust.
I’m also tempted but at that price I’d rather get another Vaporfly Next% 2.

That's a nice colorway, not worth just keeping for casual wear? Where did you get them, I can't seem to find them anywhere online (US)?
Nike UK. I was thinking that, but there are more comfy options for casual wear, the thick tread really isn't ideal for casual wear too. Great looking trail shoe though.

Cross posted with some other running threads

Ive been looking for some running tips. Maybe something I can focus on for each run to build them up slowly. As of now I’m just trying to really pull it back and make my relaxed runs truly relaxed.

I’ve ran on and off for years. Couple of marathons and half’s. Recently a 5k in about 20 mins. Have a half in January and just really want to get more efficient and actually train smart.

Usually I just go out and run. No real thinking behind it, just go out and get some miles in. Some long runs (10ish miles) mixed in but I’ve been focusing on slowing down during those true relaxed/recovery runs.

Ive never been through a true plan or had any tips given. Literally just run and I’ve tried to get my cadence around 180 but usually just stagnant around 165-175. Probably will use the Nike run app for their half marathon program to mix in some distance/speed/tempo etc work but I’m mainly looking for form/techniques/etc tips I can apply slowly into each run

thanks NT, y’all are some running monsters btw. Keeps the motivation up.

Anyone know if we are due any new colourways of the RC Elite V2? So far it's purple, pink and a white. Need something darker (and less girly lol).

Anyone know if we are due any new colourways of the RC Elite V2? So far it's purple, pink and a white. Need something darker (and less girly lol).
I thought I saw pics of a sky blue colorway? But nothing dark.

I thought I saw pics of a sky blue colorway? But nothing dark.

Just googled that, not a bad colourway but holding out for something else. Honestly they should strike while the iron's hot but I guess covid threw a spanner in the release schedules...

What watches are people using? Have never really been happy with the apple watch especially when it came to accuracy. My girlfriend just started on the garmin forerunner 55 but curious if people have had experience with the coros (any of the models).

big props to Molly, crazy surprised she medaled and go stuff by puma to give her a the bag a couple months bag

hopefully this gets some of y’all to try out puma kicks, velocity nitros are a good place to start :lol:

Back
Top Bottom