"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

D5AA5A94-F578-42C1-AE76-F002348A4F40.jpeg

AB0DD574-5A83-471D-AF89-21D958C51582.jpeg

87C36DBB-F115-4630-8AC2-90C46296E7D2.jpeg

DD59BD16-4622-4158-A6B9-D72E69FD3695.jpeg

Spark flyknit look pretty decent on foot to me. Red Nike box probably means lifestyle I’m guessing? Not a bad price either. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Attachments

• 16687195-C32C-4DB4-8C98-9211224131C5.jpeg
    16687195-C32C-4DB4-8C98-9211224131C5.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 158
With the Sky+ having similar toe spring and plate placement to the Alphafly, and the Edge+ being more similar to the Vaporfly, do you think that'll influence your purchase? Or are you going to solely go off Asics' stride vs cadence science?

Damn. Going to be an expensive month for me. I want the Sky+ too...AND Garmin just dropped the Forerunner 955/255 today:pimp::rofl:
This is the whole...I'm just gonna talk myself into running everything from EZ to tempo in nothing but carbon plated / rod shoes to justify these purchases 😂

Speaking of which, lime green adios pro 2 for $153 plus vip at RR:

This is the whole...I'm just gonna talk myself into running everything from EZ to tempo in nothing but carbon plated / rod shoes to justify these purchases 😂

I've got a marathon training block these next 5 months coming up, I can justify it right? Lot of time on the feet to come, lol.

In Pakistan, you cannot find Nike or Adidas shoes easily according to men fashion Pakistan Idk but with time it will change.

I'm pretty sure RW had a FSR of the Sky+ when I first saw it available this morning; it just went quick. I just ordered a pair of Edge+ from RW and they had a FSR too.

I'm pretty sure RW had a FSR of the Sky+ when I first saw it available this morning; it just went quick. I just ordered a pair of Edge+ from RW and they had a FSR too.
Weird -- I've refreshed the page quite a bit and never saw it.

honestly curious, what are your guys thoughts on plated/rodeo shoes for daily training.

i totally get that they benefit the most on those faster/harder runs and the durability used to be an argument against it, but while i do keep a normal unplated trainer for a majority of my runs, i do fins shoes like the zoomfly/boston 10/endorphin speeds/carbon x / float ride energy x working pretty well for me as a daily trainer shoe when i was prepping for races and feel like we will eventually get to the point where plates might just be used in most shoes when superfoams are widely used for stability unless companies find away to get the foams to not be as unstable

Concerning the use of plates, unless they’re loaded properly, you risk reducing first (big) toe extension and the windlass mechanism. Over time, it could lead to injury.

The GlideRide 3 is simply excellent, you guys. Getting the FF Blast+ treatment has really made this a joy to run in. I knocked out 10 miles on tired, sore legs today and actually feel less sore afterwards!

glideride3.jpg

The GlideRide 3 is simply excellent, you guys. Getting the FF Blast+ treatment has really made this a joy to run in. I knocked out 10 miles on tired, sore legs today and actually feel less sore afterwards!

glideride3.jpg
Nice. I liked the first version, but they were a tad too firm. Now I'm intrigued by v3, though I will probably wait for a better colorway.

Nice. I liked the first version, but they were a tad too firm. Now I'm intrigued by v3, though I will probably wait for a better colorway.

There’s a deep softness with the top FF Blast+ layer before you hit the firmer layer of regular FlyteFoam underneath. Certainly a plush experience now, very little harshness of the road is transmitted. I agree this first colorway is a little plain but I was geeked up to try it :smile:

glideride3.jpg

Reviews have been positives on GlideRide 3. Definitely one of the shoes in my radar.

Back
Top Bottom