"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Nice insights, appreciate it.
Just got the notification about the review with BITR. Will give it a watch in a moment.
Hoping those drop soon. Then it's just Rebel V3 and More V4 I'm really after. And Magic Speed 2 of course. Who am I kidding the list goes on!

I’m still lusting after the Deviate Nitro 2 with the Pebax midsole. Feel like it’ll be my long run shoe this upcoming marathon training cycle. But…I also want the GlideRide 3 with FF Blast+, Endorphin Pro 3, Adios Pro 3…is there a support group for people like us???🤣

My only complaint on Novablast is the diamond-chewed up-shape on the midsole. I wish they look more like traditional shape midsole like Glideride or Metaspeed.

For those who have either the novablast and the Nike invincible and tried the other, what do y’all consider softer?

i wouldn’t run in either but more for standing around or walking a lot

For those who have either the novablast and the Nike invincible and tried the other, what do y’all consider softer?

Honestly I wouldn't walk around or stand around in these type of shoes a lot, apparently not great for the joints or posture. For running, I think I prefer the Novablast 2, can do more with it.

Invincible is great for standing/walking. It's softer and more comfortable overall than the Novablast.

My only complaint on Novablast is the diamond-chewed up-shape on the midsole. I wish they look more like traditional shape midsole like Glideride or Metaspeed.
My issue with it is that the outsole peels <100 miles, happened on my second pair now. Running on normal road surfaces.

if it’s strictly casual/basic wear for comfort, invincible is the way to go
would recommend the novas if your use case was primarily running though

i like both and both have been my daily runners but to me at least, the invincibles wins by a slight margin on both cases

with that said, you can go wrong with either, the novablast feels like it has a bigger heel to toe drop, almost feel like you're standing on an incline on a standstill

from the vid i posted though, im excited to check out the novablast 3 with more cushion while also being lighter? im in!

seems like a bad decision, theyve made new fanbase with a new model (which isnt easy) and a lot seem to legit love the shoe and now they're gon stop making it?

im pretty sure they can make the two different enough, not to mention thaT the nimbus cost more than the novablast too

I don’t love that idea either. The Nimbus 24 with FF Blast+ is a great cruiser but has a distinctly different personality than the Novablast. More relaxed and stable. I think Asics should keep them separate

yeah mentioned it couple posts ago that novas may be dead and combining it with the nimbus for the 25 and not the greatest news with how popular novas were and how gel isn’t needed any so it could be a make or break

apparently this is what it’s supposed to be looking like
755D702D-4B3B-422D-9F3B-1839786E79A5.jpeg

F**k NB CX for this one. Rebel v2 tore on lateral side (as is a very common issue for the model and documented everywhere on the internet). Filed for warranty, waited their 30 day window, followed up and realized they forgot about my case, quickly resolved it, told me to wait for credit, then I receive this:

657C2CE7-F3B6-406C-AE11-224BBA2873B3.jpeg

First they forgot my case, had to follow up after they requested 30 day window, get this email basically telling me I don’t know how to run or use their product and not admitting fault in a fairly common issue with this model, and then gave me pennies for credit to use again.

rfx45 rfx45 is right. This is why Nike is so good because the warranty replacements are quick and fast. They don’t go out there telling customers they’re at fault for the issues of their product.

Leaves such a sour taste in my mouth especially because I’ve supported NB a lot recently and recommended Rebel v2 to friends to the end of days.

NB is probably the company I’m least interested in at the moment. On top of hearing about that terrible experience with their customer service, all of their trainers are gaining weight, and I had a run in the RC Elite 2 a couple of weeks ago where I could not have been any more underwhelmed by the performance of that shoe relative to the effort I was putting in. FuelCell doesn’t cut the mustard for me versus the pop of ZoomX, Lightstrike Pro, PWRRUN PB or FF Turbo

Trump killed any interest I would have had in new balance

i never had any interest in under armor, so their shh we dude just cemented my views

That's the beauty of it to me. They look really distinct. I guess it's a hate it or love it situation.

Back
Top Bottom