"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Good but not Great via The Pace Pusher

He mentions faster wear on the outsole, and that gives me slight concern. I LOVE the BEAST cw though!

-edit-
Another review

ESpeed 2s feel firmer, while the 3s have more "cush". It seems like the 2s are speedier than the 3s.

Last edited:

Good but not Great via The Pace Pusher

He mentions faster wear on the outsole, and that gives me slight concern. I LOVE the BEAST cw though!

-edit-
Another review

ESpeed 2s feel firmer, while the 3s have more "cush". It seems like the 2s are the speedier than the 3s.

ehh i think the hype and how great people think the shoes are is what will make people come up thinking the shoes don’t live up to the hype when in reality, i think what makes the speeds great are how it’s not great at everything and can be used for a wide variety.

can confirm shoes are a bit more cushier, as i think saucony wanted to make it more for daily usage, but it doesn’t really lack much pop/bounce. 200+ miles when i tested and everything felt great and durability wasn’t also a concern as midsole/outsole looked great but then again, i am prob a lighter runner at 150 lbs

I happened to run across these, and out of sheer curiosity, I ordered a pair. Adidas Adistar CS. Supposedly a softer, more stable version of the first Adistar.

Did you end up trying them on? Just curious your feedback.

Did you end up trying them on? Just curious your feedback.
I ended up sending them back. They were just too stiff for me. Cushioning was ok but not great. Shoes are extremely chunky as well. If you need something with stability there are a lot of better options out there.

Deviate Elite 2🔥
037B0B1C-BCF4-400E-85D3-9F959D83D83F.jpeg

16651709-FEDF-4FE3-8E9A-787DA1F0C004.jpeg
F12790F4-B6D8-47BC-8650-CA64C1FC92FA.jpeg

882253F0-18C9-4571-BFD7-CF1673DD5EF8.jpeg

Ran a 5K PR yesterday as a first run in the Sky+, I need some more time with them but they might be the fastest pair of shoes I own now. Performance wise they knocked my socks off. The Adios Pro 3 is definitely more comfortable and stable of the 2 recently released super shoes but man, I kept looking at my watch and being surprised at the pace number in a very good way!
D3A42D11-8D90-4F49-9577-EE80835C99B0.jpeg

Received the Edge+s today. For me, they resolved the sizing issue. I have somewhat narrow feet, and TTS is right move for me. For reference, I went +1/2 up in the OG Sky. I feel like the Edge+ (TTS) even has more forefoot room than the OG Sky in a “1/2 size” larger.

Length comparison:
Edge+ (TTS) vs. OG Sky (+1/2)
A0A4F12A-2FE0-4A6C-8B73-B08D9E6A78B4.jpeg

Just by walking around and comparing the feel, they actually felt very similar to each other. The CF plate feels just as prominent and aggressive in the Edge+ compared to OG Sky. IMO, from all the “super shoes” that I own, ASICS’ Metaspeed Edge+ and OG Sky are closest thing to the VaporFly Next%. Looking forward to scooping up the Sky+ next to compare even more!

Received the Edge+s today. For me, they resolved the sizing issue. I have somewhat narrow feet, and TTS is right move for me. For reference, I went +1/2 up in the OG Sky. I feel like the Edge+ (TTS) even has more forefoot room than the OG Sky in a “1/2 size” larger.

Length comparison:
Edge+ (TTS) vs. OG Sky (+1/2)
A0A4F12A-2FE0-4A6C-8B73-B08D9E6A78B4.jpeg

Just by walking around and comparing the feel, they actually felt very similar to each other. The CF plate feels just as prominent and aggressive in the Edge+ compared to OG Sky. IMO, from all the “super shoes” that I own, ASICS’ Metaspeed Edge+ and OG Sky are closest thing to the VaporFly Next%. Looking forward to scooping up the Sky+ next to compare even more!

The plate design in the original Sky and Edge+ is almost identical, a curved plate like the Vaporfly. The Sky+ has flattened out and looks more like the Alphafly plate. Not surprised the original Sky and Edge+ feel similar now. The Sky+ feels quite different in a way I’m still trying to wrap my head around!

3BDBB4BE-947D-4E0A-8B79-3819958AE92F.jpeg

Finally home to these. On initial fit the sky runs a smidge long and that toe box on the adios is roomy as hell. Adios feels a bit more stable. Won’t be able to get them through their paces till next week, but looking forward to it.

Enjoy! Those are my 2 recent scores as well. I think I prefer the Adios for long runs and the Sky+ for hard efforts thus far, just due to the Adios being more stable and the rods really create a rolling effect. I think the Lightstrike Pro is a touch more forgiving than FF Turbo as well

I like Rose Anvil's deconstruction of all types of shoes. Not sure if their energy return testing methodology is sound, but if you want to see a Cloud Monster cut in half:

Ran in the Mach 5’s yesterday. Really enjoyed it! I know Hoka has caught a lot of crap for being behind on their midsole game but this had a distinct bounce/rebound off the pavement and felt good on tired legs

D5AF61CE-AD81-45FA-B7C2-AA8E71B97E6E.jpeg
This pic sold me on the color so I picked them up a couple weeks ago. Fell in love with the performance. 🤩

Back
Top Bottom