"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Anyone have recs for what's worked well for them for plantar fasciitis? I got diagnosed last week and ordered to shut down for a few weeks by my doc :frown: I did notice before this, that my Hoka Mach 5's seemed to irritate my heel the least on the run.

sorry to hear especially with all the stuff thats planned to drop the next month or two.
best suggestion i can make is to just listen to the doctor and shut it down with the running and if possible, try cross training (bike/swim/weights)

takes these kinds of injuries to make us take a step back and listen to our bodies. been through a couple setbacks, but reminds me to take a rest day every now and then and to also actually run those easy runs at actual easy paces/efforts

hope for a speedy recovery! just a minor setback for a major comeback

Recentish pick ups. I really love the Mach 5 and the Altras.

Jury is still out on the tecton x. They fly on the smooth, flat stuff. The technical stuff is a little meh for me. Good commuter with some bite.
PXL_20220719_223220084.jpg

PXL_20220719_223326029.jpg

PXL_20220719_223416190.jpg

Anyone have recs for what's worked well for them for plantar fasciitis? I got diagnosed last week and ordered to shut down for a few weeks by my doc :frown: I did notice before this, that my Hoka Mach 5's seemed to irritate my heel the least on the run.
I have no idea if they work, but feetures makes socks for this.

I was having calf and foot issues running in Hoka’s last year. I had to switch to the Asics Nimbus to recover. Any shoe lower than a 8mm drop kills my legs from the calf down

I was having calf and foot issues running in Hoka’s last year. I had to switch to the Asics Nimbus to recover. Any shoe lower than a 8mm drop kills my legs from the calf down

Oddly enough my heel blew up after a long run in the Nimbus 24 which led to me going to the doc :rofl: Funny how we're all different, in retrospect my original question was likely a silly one and what will work for me will require some experimentation as I recover :smile:

Recentish pick ups. I really love the Mach 5 and the Altras.

Jury is still out on the tecton x. They fly on the smooth, flat stuff. The technical stuff is a little meh for me. Good commuter with some bite.
PXL_20220719_223220084.jpg

PXL_20220719_223326029.jpg

PXL_20220719_223416190.jpg
Is the tecton suitable for road running in your opinion and is it as soft as the Mach 5? Concerned the outsole will lose grip on the Mach 5 down the road.

Oddly enough my heel blew up after a long run in the Nimbus 24 which led to me going to the doc :rofl: Funny how we're all different, in retrospect my original question was likely a silly one and what will work for me will require some experimentation as I recover :smile:
😲😲😲 this might be a sign! I just put 400 miles of the nimbus 22s and was about to buy the 24s this week.

Overall how do you like the 24s? I might just buy the 23s

😲😲😲 this might be a sign! I just put 400 miles of the nimbus 22s and was about to buy the 24s this week.

Overall how do you like the 24s? I might just buy the 23s

I quite like them! Getting FF Blast+ on the 24 has made them much softer and bouncier. They definitely didn’t cause my injury, it was trending that way for weeks. They’re still not “fast” shoes by any stretch but the new midsole gets you through the miles easier than it used to. The GlideRide 3 is an even more sublime experience in my estimation

Is the tecton suitable for road running in your opinion and is it as soft as the Mach 5? Concerned the outsole will lose grip on the Mach 5 down the road.
It's more grip than you probably need for a road shoe but it runs great on the road. I actually put X on one foot and put the Mach five on the other foot and jogged up the street lightly and I couldn't tell much difference other than one had a bit more grip. The Mach 5 will breathe better. At speed increases, you can definitely feel the plate in the x.

It's more grip than you probably need for a road shoe but it runs great on the road. I actually put X on one foot and put the Mach five on the other foot and jogged up the street lightly and I couldn't tell much difference other than one had a bit more grip. The Mach 5 will breathe better. At speed increases, you can definitely feel the plate in the x.

Thanks for the insights. Didn't take the breathability into account. Shame we don't have any Hoka stores around here to try them on.

Thanks for the insights. Didn't take the breathability into account. Shame we don't have any Hoka stores around here to try them on.
Unless you live in a regularly wet climate, the Mach 5 should have no issues with grip. Just a great shoe all around. I love it.

in case anyones an 11 and wanted to try the deviate nitro 2

in case anyones an 11 and wanted to try the deviate nitro 2

Crazy that they dropped the Elite 2 with such little fanfare, but seems par for how they did v1. There's a few extra sizes available now, 9 and 10.5. Even though I'm injured if I see an 11.5 I'm scooping it up, loved v1 so much.

Pretty glowing review of the Adios 7. The Adios 6 was probably the fastest non-plated shoe I used last year, it could really move.

Trying to figure out what I want to cop next. Either Asics GR3, NB SC Trainer, or Saucony ES3. All 3 seem to have good feedback.

When y’all are not working and not running what shoe y’all using to run errands?? I been using basketball shoes for the longest and want to transition to something different

When y’all are not working and not running what shoe y’all using to run errands?? I been using basketball shoes for the longest and want to transition to something different
NB lifestyle shoes like 990 series. I am looking forward for the upcoming 990v6 since it'll have fuelcell midsole.
If I know I'll be doing a lot of walking, like city sightseeing, walking around the beach trail, I wear Hoka Arahi 5.
But at the end, whatever you feel comfortable wearing, even a croc if that's your preference.

Back
Top Bottom