"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

The Magic Speed 2s are okay for what they are. They really remind me on the Zoom Fly 1. I’m guessing that the S4 is nylon plated with the premium ASICS foam(s).

January 2023 was completed with 61.1mi for me. I know it’s not a lot to most posters here, but it was certainly a good productive month for me.
96F42F2A-0DFC-4F6A-AE9A-CA19205478F1.jpeg

Debating if I should put a monthly average pace on a new version lol

Me too! But I wasn’t just neglecting easy runs, I was essentially doing the same run, same pace, same distance, same route. Talk about plateauing, lol. Anyways, take it easy, occasionally 😉, and smash it come race day! 💪
I've been doing this for a while. I've plateaued for a long time. Recently started running slower and adding more distance. Went back to nasal breathing as well which I haven't done in long time. Helps me maintain a slower pace and just feels better getting oxygen through the nose over time unless I'm sprinting.

If there's more colorways and a collab or two....these will take off. I don't have any Hoka's but they look comfortable and they're super lightweight
no doubt, I’m sure it’s a great shoe. Kinda reminds me of Salomon, but probably more comfortable.

I just thought “commuter shoe” was an amusing marketing term, that’s all

edit: I'm a bit obsessed with these now. How many shoes use tech from Cordura, Gore-Tex AND Vibram??

Last edited:
I've been doing this for a while. I've plateaued for a long time. Recently started running slower and adding more distance. Went back to nasal breathing as well which I haven't done in long time. Helps me maintain a slower pace and just feels better getting oxygen through the nose over time unless I'm sprinting.
Same here; I started extending my runs without worrying about pace and just having fun. Eventually I set my sights higher. Can I run 10 miles? Let’s find out. 13.1? Let’s go. But I also incorporated different types of runs like recovery, fartlek, broken tempo, etc. My fitness improved a lot and I gained confidence. But I guess it’s like going to the gym. I mean, you wouldn’t want to bench press the same weight for 3 sets of 10 reps day after day. Change it up. Running is no different, you know?

The Magic Speed 2s are okay for what they are. They really remind me on the Zoom Fly 1. I’m guessing that the S4 is nylon plated with the premium ASICS foam(s).

January 2023 was completed with 61.1mi for me. I know it’s not a lot to most posters here, but it was certainly a good productive month for me.
96F42F2A-0DFC-4F6A-AE9A-CA19205478F1.jpeg

Debating if I should put a monthly average pace on a new version lol
199103DE-78ED-4C44-A126-53630C9EE00B.jpeg

Same here; I started extending my runs without worrying about pace and just having fun. Eventually I set my sights higher. Can I run 10 miles? Let’s find out. 13.1? Let’s go. But I also incorporated different types of runs like recovery, fartlek, broken tempo, etc. My fitness improved a lot and I gained confidence. But I guess it’s like going to the gym. I mean, you wouldn’t want to bench press the same weight for 3 sets of 10 reps day after day. Change it up. Running is no different, you know?
I've been doing some Fartlek running lately during the week before work. I like the freedom to switch up whenever I want. Red light, yellow light, green light:lol:. Sometimes I'll do set intervals tho. A lot more exciting to look forward to than just getting a regular run in before work.

Seeing quite a few glowing reviews of Deviate Elite 2 and a bunch of US testers have gotten them recently. Really hoping these are available soon (especially in this colorway!)

Speaking of Puma, re-stock of the Fast-R this morning if anyone is interested.

Finally ran in the SB after using the Metaspeed edge since November. You do notice the difference between the two.

SB - I feel the Cush while still being firm. Have about 25 miles. Definitely not the invincible goo which to me was too loose and unstable. No issues with road grip.

Metaspeed Edge - man lately my ankle have been getting a workout from these. I have about 150 miles in them. They’re not bad. But I can’t use them past 10k. I don’t understand how these are Marathon shoes. Or am I wrong?

I know they’re totally different shoes. They complement each other well. Coming from the AF1 it’s night and day for me.

Last edited:
First run in these tonight and Asics has outdone themselves with making a super comfortable cruiser. I don’t feel a need to go out and try the Invincible 3’s as there is soft cushion for days here!

D3B22177-795F-46FD-8A21-D87DA0218AEF.jpeg

These have been really tempting! The practical side me tells me to pass since I already enjoy the NovaBlast 3s and have the SuperBlasts lol

I feel the same about the INVC3s. I don’t even want to bother with those…

These have been really tempting! The practical side me tells me to pass since I already enjoy the NovaBlast 3s and have the SuperBlasts lol

I feel the same about the INVC3s. I don’t even want to bother with those…

They're a little more protective than the Novablasts/Superblasts. I was beaten up from a hard interval session yesterday and just wanted to turn my legs over today to get some blood flowing again, these were perfect for babying my legs. Superblasts are slightly more cushioned but that's a firmer cushion. This is more of a deep sink in and take any pounding away from the pavement. They're almost telling you to relax and take it easy with each stride which is nice.

First run in these tonight and Asics has outdone themselves with making a super comfortable cruiser. I don’t feel a need to go out and try the Invincible 3’s as there is soft cushion for days here!

D3B22177-795F-46FD-8A21-D87DA0218AEF.jpeg
Sizing compared to Superblast?

Back
Top Bottom