Outdoor Basketball Suggestions?

Hey guys im just looking for suggestions on what kind of shoes you guys would recomend for me. I hoop outside mostly and i usually do about 3-5 times a week. Right now im using the AJ 21's and there not too bad but im just looking for something a little lighter and maybe something with a little more cushioning. I also want it to be a durable shoe because im not trying to buy new shoes every couple weeks. Im about 6'1.5" and only weigh about 134-138lbs so I kind of want something with zoom air as aposed to air max becuase its harder to compress because im so light weight, but then again ive never balled in anything air max except for the air max pods on the 21's. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys im just looking for suggestions on what kind of shoes you guys would recomend for me. I hoop outside mostly and i usually do about 3-5 times a week. Right now im using the AJ 21's and there not too bad but im just looking for something a little lighter and maybe something with a little more cushioning. I also want it to be a durable shoe because im not trying to buy new shoes every couple weeks. Im about 6'1.5" and only weigh about 134-138lbs so I kind of want something with zoom air as aposed to air max becuase its harder to compress because im so light weight, but then again ive never balled in anything air max except for the air max pods on the 21's. Thanks in advance!

The best shoe for outdoors is the Lebron Zoom Soldier III (3). The best shoe for outdoors bar none. XDR outsole will not wear on you for a while. Zoom Air in the forefoot and heel. 2 Lock down straps. A size 9 was (I believe) 13 ounces. You can check out the reviews on them. Anything with an XDR sole is suited for outdoors. But the soldier 3 is exactly what your looking for.

The best shoe for outdoors is the Lebron Zoom Soldier III (3). The best shoe for outdoors bar none. XDR outsole will not wear on you for a while. Zoom Air in the forefoot and heel. 2 Lock down straps. A size 9 was (I believe) 13 ounces. You can check out the reviews on them. Anything with an XDR sole is suited for outdoors. But the soldier 3 is exactly what your looking for.

i actually have the zoom soldier 3 and if that's what you're looking for, then you should try them on before buying them. the toebox is cut a little on the narrow side. length-wise it runs true but it's just the width that's a bit weird. i'd recommend going a half size up if you can live with the extra space.

personally, i'd have to say the zoom hyperfuse mid/low. they're perfect for outdoor ball. they have xdr outsoles, they breathe well, and they're comfortable. i played in mine twice this past week and my feet weren't drenched like they usually would be with other shoes. the outsole showed no signs of wear and tear nor the upper. and i picked up my all black lows from ndc with an extra 20% because it was on clearance.

i actually have the zoom soldier 3 and if that's what you're looking for, then you should try them on before buying them. the toebox is cut a little on the narrow side. length-wise it runs true but it's just the width that's a bit weird. i'd recommend going a half size up if you can live with the extra space.

personally, i'd have to say the zoom hyperfuse mid/low. they're perfect for outdoor ball. they have xdr outsoles, they breathe well, and they're comfortable. i played in mine twice this past week and my feet weren't drenched like they usually would be with other shoes. the outsole showed no signs of wear and tear nor the upper. and i picked up my all black lows from ndc with an extra 20% because it was on clearance.

i personally ball in training/running shoes, like the reebok ventilator or the nike air trainer

i personally ball in training/running shoes, like the reebok ventilator or the nike air trainer

I would suggest the nike zoom flight five the jkidds there only 60 @bargainpump.com its a site through pickyourshoes great outsole and there basic colorway and personnally the zsIII's are great too just look out for the patent leather on the toes mine meelted away really fast. thanks man lemme know

I would suggest the nike zoom flight five the jkidds there only 60 @bargainpump.com its a site through pickyourshoes great outsole and there basic colorway and personnally the zsIII's are great too just look out for the patent leather on the toes mine meelted away really fast. thanks man lemme know

is nike stupid or something? i don't understand how they only release XDR soles in Asia but not the US (or they're just less accessible). do they really think that more than 50% of the population plays indoor here?... i've given up on nike for durable outdoor ball shoes...
i wore the hyperfuse herringbone pattern out completely within 3~4 months and i played 2~4 times a week as well. i'm also 160lbs so i'm not that much heavier than you are. they are great shoes but if you're looking for long lasting shoes these aren't it.

i'm currently using the Air Jordan Evolution 85 because they're at the nike outlets now for around $90... they feel great on court with a nike air sole and phylon cushioning to help absorb some of the shock from the hard court. they've been holding up decently for the first week i've played in em but i'm not sure if they'll last me more than 4 months. the shoe could be a problem if your feet sweat a lot though.

I've been hearing good things about adidas ball shoes lasting longer outdoors maybe you can look into that.

is nike stupid or something? i don't understand how they only release XDR soles in Asia but not the US (or they're just less accessible). do they really think that more than 50% of the population plays indoor here?... i've given up on nike for durable outdoor ball shoes...
i wore the hyperfuse herringbone pattern out completely within 3~4 months and i played 2~4 times a week as well. i'm also 160lbs so i'm not that much heavier than you are. they are great shoes but if you're looking for long lasting shoes these aren't it.

i'm currently using the Air Jordan Evolution 85 because they're at the nike outlets now for around $90... they feel great on court with a nike air sole and phylon cushioning to help absorb some of the shock from the hard court. they've been holding up decently for the first week i've played in em but i'm not sure if they'll last me more than 4 months. the shoe could be a problem if your feet sweat a lot though.

I've been hearing good things about adidas ball shoes lasting longer outdoors maybe you can look into that.

If you're a fan of lows, nike tennis shoes are pretty impressive for outdoor hooping shoes. MOST, not all, have XDR rubber and are designed for many of the same functions as basketball (cutting, stopping, and planting your foot). Also, most of the tennis shoes I've seen have a herringbone pattern, something Nike Basketball seems to be veering away from

Right now I'm using last season's Courtballistic 2.3s. XDR, lunarlite in the forefoot, air max in the heel, blah blah blah

If you're a fan of lows, nike tennis shoes are pretty impressive for outdoor hooping shoes. MOST, not all, have XDR rubber and are designed for many of the same functions as basketball (cutting, stopping, and planting your foot). Also, most of the tennis shoes I've seen have a herringbone pattern, something Nike Basketball seems to be veering away from

Right now I'm using last season's Courtballistic 2.3s. XDR, lunarlite in the forefoot, air max in the heel, blah blah blah

I'd be careful with that mentality.

I think some bball shoes are excellent for tennis: Nike BB low, Jordan XX low, Adidas TS Low Motion
But that's because the shoes are going to be good overall, for walking and other sports. They might even make good indoor soccer shoes. Most bball shoes are horrible for casual use or other sports. I know people want to try and make it work, but I find my toes and feet suffocate and go numb if I wear a lot of bball shoes casually.

Only a few tennis shoes might be good for bball. True, there are many similar movements and motion. But tennis is not a contact sport where people are stepping all over your feet and ankles. And you're usually doing lateral or straight line movements in tennis, whereas in bball you're bound to move in all directions at any time.

I remember my Zoom Vapor IV's, Federer's sig. shoes a few years back. Elite tennis shoes, but they would not work for ball.

I'd be careful with that mentality.

I think some bball shoes are excellent for tennis: Nike BB low, Jordan XX low, Adidas TS Low Motion
But that's because the shoes are going to be good overall, for walking and other sports. They might even make good indoor soccer shoes. Most bball shoes are horrible for casual use or other sports. I know people want to try and make it work, but I find my toes and feet suffocate and go numb if I wear a lot of bball shoes casually.

Only a few tennis shoes might be good for bball. True, there are many similar movements and motion. But tennis is not a contact sport where people are stepping all over your feet and ankles. And you're usually doing lateral or straight line movements in tennis, whereas in bball you're bound to move in all directions at any time.

I remember my Zoom Vapor IV's, Federer's sig. shoes a few years back. Elite tennis shoes, but they would not work for ball.

anybody know any cheap ones I can get? I have some jordan alpha 1's but i dont think they will last outside.

Back
Top Bottom