Outlet Alert: Air Jordan 8 "Bugs Bunny"

Status
Not open for further replies.
it won't end. the new generation is extremely simpleton and they bite so hard on any and every fad that's out. rappers straight got the folks brainwashed. they think it's so cool and they gotta be "in the game" to be somebody. dudes with names like intheshoegame and **** hahahahah it's sad
Some real talk right here! "Simpleton", is a great way to describe this new generation of youngins!

Stealing retro cards to make a buck?? :smh: wtf is going on?

When is this "buy everything Nike" hype going to end? Don't even know the history but call them must haves.Ten year olds doing sneaker reviews on YouTube.. No end in sight :nerd:

Might have to go back to them high school days and start rocking Air Force 1's again

real 'heads diversify their sneaker purchases anyway. To be honest, I buy so many different types of shoes that I don't really notice the "new" hype associated with Jordan's. I think this so called hype has always existed. To be honest, social media has just provided a platform for people share their photos, stories, videos, etc....which was the exact same type of platform Niketalk and other sites provided back in the day. The difference is that WAY MORE people use Twitter, Facebook, IG, YouTube, etc. than those of us you were and are still using Niketalk. Therefore, it just seems as if everybody and their momma wanting jay's is a new thing. Fact is, this has been going on for a minute now...

Agreed^^ Since the 90's in Elementary school to the mid 2000's in highscool, everyone wanted J's....everyone rocked J's.....

Back then the only it thing was Myspace..and even then I seen people posting those glittery Jumpman logos and pics of shoes..ect..

In my area at least there really no hype for Nikes....a lot of people here wear running shoes..They're into chucks, Vans, skater shoes..

Last edited:
Stealing retro cards to make a buck?? :smh: wtf is going on?

When is this "buy everything Nike" hype going to end? Don't even know the history but call them must haves.Ten year olds doing sneaker reviews on YouTube.. No end in sight :nerd:

Might have to go back to them high school days and start rocking Air Force 1's again

real 'heads diversify their sneaker purchases anyway. To be honest, I buy so many different types of shoes that I don't really notice the "new" hype associated with Jordan's. I think this so called hype has always existed. To be honest, social media has just provided a platform for people share their photos, stories, videos, etc....which was the exact same type of platform Niketalk and other sites provided back in the day. The difference is that WAY MORE people use Twitter, Facebook, IG, YouTube, etc. than those of us you were and are still using Niketalk. Therefore, it just seems as if everybody and their momma wanting jay's is a new thing. Fact is, this has been going on for a minute now...

there is a whole new generation in these lines every week that wasnt there even 4 to 5 years ago..the young late 90s babies. and they seem to make up the majority of the line.

there is a whole new generation in these lines every week that wasnt there even 4 to 5 years ago..the young late 90s babies. and they seem to make up the majority of the line.

There's always going to be a perceived "new generation" of shoe heads. There are people turning 15, 16, 17, and 18 every day. Therefore, the cycle re-spawns itself. What normally happens between the ages of 16 and 18? Kids get jobs and they can finally afford to buy kicks. is it really that hard to see? I'm not targeting you specifically, but I'm speaking to anyone who doesn't understand what's really going on.

Even if they didn't see MJ play, Jordan's to them are about fashion and status. Face it, most people don't buy shoes because their favorite athletes wear them; it's purely fashion. Have you ever noticed that Nike doesn't even advertise big name items like Jordan's on television? Have you noticed that you don't need a commercial of a guy dunking a ball and 'flying" to sell a shoe now? It's all because the consumer does not directly relate the product to athletic ability. Now, Nike still traditionally advertises for sports specific products, or products that Nike feels consumers directly relate to sports.

Hell, I'm 24 and Jordan WAS NOT my favorite player growing up; Shaq was. However, 1997 brought about a whole new time in my life. Nuff said.

*edit* to be honest, I didn't even give a damn about Jordan when he played for the Baron's--in my city. I used to go to the games as a kid, and I even had an autographed bat that Jordan signed. My mom ended up selling it or something because I didn't value it. The Playoff 12's in 1997 really kicked off my SHOE addiction, NOT a LOVE for MJ.

Last edited:
There's always going to be a perceived "new generation" of shoe heads. There are people turning 15, 16, 17, and 18 every day. Therefore, the cycle re-spawns itself. What normally happens between the ages of 16 and 18? Kids get jobs and they can finally afford to buy kicks. is it really that hard to see? I'm not targeting you specifically, but I'm speaking to anyone who doesn't understand what's really going on.

Even if they didn't see MJ play, Jordan's to them are about fashion and status. Face it, most people don't buy shoes because their favorite athletes wear them; it's purely fashion. Have you ever noticed that Nike doesn't even advertise big name items like Jordan's on television? Have you noticed that you don't need a commercial of a guy dunking a ball and 'flying" to sell a shoe now? It's all because the consumer does not directly relate the product to athletic ability. Now, Nike still traditionally advertises for sports specific products, or products that Nike feels consumers directly relate to sports.

Hell, I'm 24 and Jordan WAS NOT my favorite player growing up; Shaq was. However, 1997 brought about a whole new time in my life. Nuff said.

*edit* to be honest, I didn't even give a damn about Jordan when he played for the Baron's--in my city. I used to go to the games as a kid, and I even had an autographed bat that Jordan signed. My mom ended up selling it or something because I didn't value it. The Playoff 12's in 1997 really kicked off my SHOE addiction, NOT a LOVE for MJ.
You summed it up perfectly. They understand they just don't care. Truth is, most old heads are haters. They see Jordans as their right because they watched Mike play. They can't stand the idea of these new bloods infringing on something they consider to be theirs. 

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm 14, 15 on the 17th and haven't watched MJ play a single game. Does that degrade my status with old heads? Despite my knowledge of the history of each shoe and it's meaning and significance, it does degrade me. Also, sneakers on a much larger scope include many other brands, not just JB (Adidas, Nike, New Balance, Asics etc.) so there's another stupid thing old heads obviously haven't thought of. I just don't get why old heads can not be supportive of young sneakerheads like me even though I know my ish. 

Nah I gotta disagree with this man back in the day that's the reason we brought shoes because we all thought if we brought JORDANS, DIEONS, BO JACKSON, GRIFFEY'S ect.. We

would play like those players...That's why most kids wanted JORDANS I'm 28 & That's what cause me to buy them because of the "IS IT THE SHOES??" slogan & hooped from 5th

grade to 12th... The only people the used to wear JORDANS in my hood besides cats like me that use to hoop was the Dope Dealers not many girls rocked JORDANS when MIKE was

playing....To call us "Old Heads" Haters is crazy the reason all of us Older cats are pissed is because of all the foolishness going on in the sneaker game now like cats in the shoe

stores charging over retail for the shoes,Over hyping every release, the handing out Tickets & raffles, websites crashing, nikebot program etc...All that just started after the CONCORDS

dropped from 98'-09' we never saw this before... I started rocking & collecting JORDANS hard in 98' back when I was in 8th grade but my 1st pair of JORDANS was the "PLAYOFF"

VIII"S in 93' back in the early-mid 00's when people seen you with JORDANS on they were like :wow: because not everybody rocked JORDANS like that because of the "AIR FORCE

ONE" craze...Now when you see people rocking JORDANS it's like :stoneface: because everybody rocking them now...

Slow clap*
laugh.gif

Nah I gotta disagree with this man back in the day that's the reason we brought shoes because we all thought if we brought JORDANS, DIEONS, BO JACKSON, GRIFFEY'S ect.. We

would play like those players...That's why most kids wanted JORDANS I'm 28 & That's what cause me to buy them because of the "IS IT THE SHOES??" slogan & hooped from 5th

grade to 12th... The only people the used to wear JORDANS in my hood besides cats like me that use to hoop was the Dope Dealers not many girls rocked JORDANS when MIKE was

playing....To call us "Old Heads" Haters is crazy the reason all of us Older cats are pissed is because of all the foolishness going on in the sneaker game now like cats in the shoe

stores charging over retail for the shoes,Over hyping every release, the handing out Tickets & raffles, websites crashing, nikebot program etc...All that just started after the CONCORDS

dropped from 98'-09' we never saw this before... I started rocking & collecting JORDANS hard in 98' back when I was in 8th grade but my 1st pair of JORDANS was the "PLAYOFF"

VIII"S in 93' back in the early-mid 00's when people seen you with JORDANS on they were like :wow: because not everybody rocked JORDANS like that because of the "AIR FORCE

ONE" craze...Now when you see people rocking JORDANS it's like :stoneface: because everybody rocking them now...

There's no point of disagreeing cause u just confirmed everything I said...

wasn't really taking bout your comment I was responded to dude that said Old Heads are haters fam

wasn't really taking bout your comment I was responded to dude that said Old Heads are haters fam
Dude I'm 29 not some teenager. Yes alot of old heads are haters deal with it. Most cats where I'm from bought Jordans because they were the freshest kicks out and they were a status symbol. They could give a rats *** about how high they made them jump. I don't know where you're from but I'm from Chicago. Even the females wore Jordans around my way. They also sold out all the time because it was the it thing to do.

Last edited:
The only thing I hate about kids and jays today is that they never appreciate the jays. They see it as a symbol of status which always irritates me when I see it. When I get kicks I always just admire the details and craftsmanship of the shoe. These kids don't take the time to appreciate the shoe

I mean in all honesty collecting loud colored basketball shoes isn't exactly a grown man thing to do. I'm 20 and I love shoes but I can't frown upon 13 year olds getting their starts out now. I just feel bad because it kinda sucks buying Jordans now, with all the **** you can get put through to get a pair you want...

Speak for yourself. I hate when people speak in broad generalizations. You bought sneakers because you thought you could play like those players :lol: Not sure about you, but when I spent $115 or $125 on a pair of Jordan's back then, I wasn't even using them for basketball. It was more about wearing something someone you idolized wore or like Ruckus said, a status symbol.

And only drug dealers wore Jordans?

You summed it up perfectly. They understand they just don't care. Truth is, most old heads are haters. They see Jordans as their right because they watched Mike play. They can't stand the idea of these new bloods infringing on something they consider to be theirs. 

Probably some are. I could care less. I'm a grown man, I have bills to pay and grown man problems. I'm not worried about some 15 year old and why he's wearing Jordan's, because I can still remember when I was young. A lot of older people have no concept of their childhood and don't try to relate.

The only thing I'm annoyed by is how it makes it a lot harder for those of us who actually have a passion for it and have been doing it for years, but hey if you want it bad enough that you'll stand outside 12 hours in the cold...maybe you want it more than me.

Speak for yourself. I hate when people speak in broad generalizations. You bought sneakers because you thought you could play like those players
laugh.gif
Not sure about you, but when I spent $115 or $125 on a pair of Jordan's back then, I wasn't even using them for basketball. It was more about wearing something someone you idolized wore or like Ruckus said, a status symbol.

I can remember my OG threatening to kill me and my brothers if we even dared play basketball in our J's 
laugh.gif
. You better not beat those 100 dollars shoes up. It was about fashion even back then. 

Speak for yourself. I hate when people speak in broad generalizations. You bought sneakers because you thought you could play like those players :lol: Not sure about you, but when I spent $115 or $125 on a pair of Jordan's back then, I wasn't even using them for basketball. It was more about wearing something someone you idolized wore or like Ruckus said, a status symbol.

I can remember my OG threatening to kill me and my brothers if we even dared play basketball in our J's 
laugh.gif

. You better not beat those 100 dollars shoes up. It was about fashion even back then. 

I think most people now in their mid to late 20s that wore jordans growing up played in them as well.. but we cleaned em after

Probably some are. I could care less. I'm a grown man, I have bills to pay and grown man problems. I'm not worried about some 15 year old and why he's wearing Jordan's, because I can still remember when I was young. A lot of older people have no concept of their childhood and don't try to relate.

The only thing I'm annoyed by is how it makes it a lot harder for those of us who actually have a passion for it and have been doing it for years, but hey if you want it bad enough that you'll stand outside 12 hours in the cold...maybe you want it more than me.
Yeah I'm definitely not talking about all the old heads. I'm mainly talking about the cats that are always hypercritical of everything these young cats do. Let these youngin's live. There just shoes at the end of the day. Shoes us older cats already had a chance to enjoy.

I don't have a problem with the young kids that buy them to wear,it's the dudes
That buy just because they think they can make a living reselling,
And don't even like or want to wear them, or just wear them once and
Then sell them. Those kids are making it harder for me to cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom