Pac 12 Basketball Thread

ASU
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Stanford will represent the conference in the Rose Bowl or National Championship game.
Pac-12 Championship will be decided on Nov. 12th.
Oregon is the better team talent wise though, Stanford playing at home though. Should be a good game. I still think Stanford is good for two/three losses this year.

What we Learned in the Pac-12: Week 1
By Ted MillerWhat did we learn from Week 1 of Pac-12 action? 

1. Oregon still has a step to make: The Ducks are a top-10 program but after losing 40-27 to LSU, it's clear the Ducks are still a step away from being an elite, top-five program. That's not just an assertion from me or other reporters . That's what coach Chip Kelly said after the game. 

2. It was an ugly opening week: Oregon State loses to Sacramento State. Utah barely survives Montana State. Washington gets doubled-up in total yards and needs a late interception to beat Eastern Washington. UCLA goes down at Houston. Colorado loses its 19th consecutive road game at Hawaii. Oregon gets drubbed on a big stage. USC nearly lets Minnesota steal a win in the Coliseum. Even when Washington State wins big, it loses: See quarterback Jeff Tuel going down with a fractured clavicle vs. Idaho State. 

3. Hot seats got hotter: The Bruins' loss at Houston means coach Rick Neuheisel is officially in dire-straights, even though the offense looked promising. And Paul Wulff can't feel good about going forward in a win-or-else season without his starting quarterback and team leader. 

4. The Big Three QBs take care of businessAndrew LuckMatt Barkley and Nick Foles -- the Pac-12's three marquee quarterbacks -- combined to throw for 887 yards with 10 touchdowns and no interceptions. While Oregon's Darron Thomas was shaky, those three put up big numbers in victories. 

5. Call this "measuring stick" week: We'll learn a lot more this week about the conference. Utah visits USC in the first-ever Pac-12 game. Arizona State can make a national statement at home against Missouri. Arizona wants redemption for a bowl loss to Oklahoma State. Speaking of redemption, Colorado wants it against California (in a nonconference, conference game). Oregon will try to bounce back against Nevada. Washington matches up with a Hawaii team that just pounded Colorado. And Washington State moves on without Tuel against UNLV.

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/25113/what-we-learned-in-the-pac-12-week-1]http://espn.go.com/blog/p...ned-in-the-pac-12-week-1[/url]

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

What we Learned in the Pac-12: Week 1
By Ted MillerWhat did we learn from Week 1 of Pac-12 action? 

1. Oregon still has a step to make: The Ducks are a top-10 program but after losing 40-27 to LSU, it's clear the Ducks are still a step away from being an elite, top-five program. That's not just an assertion from me or other reporters . That's what coach Chip Kelly said after the game. 

2. It was an ugly opening week: Oregon State loses to Sacramento State. Utah barely survives Montana State. Washington gets doubled-up in total yards and needs a late interception to beat Eastern Washington. UCLA goes down at Houston. Colorado loses its 19th consecutive road game at Hawaii. Oregon gets drubbed on a big stage. USC nearly lets Minnesota steal a win in the Coliseum. Even when Washington State wins big, it loses: See quarterback Jeff Tuel going down with a fractured clavicle vs. Idaho State. 

3. Hot seats got hotter: The Bruins' loss at Houston means coach Rick Neuheisel is officially in dire-straights, even though the offense looked promising. And Paul Wulff can't feel good about going forward in a win-or-else season without his starting quarterback and team leader. 

4. The Big Three QBs take care of businessAndrew LuckMatt Barkley and Nick Foles -- the Pac-12's three marquee quarterbacks -- combined to throw for 887 yards with 10 touchdowns and no interceptions. While Oregon's Darron Thomas was shaky, those three put up big numbers in victories. 

5. Call this "measuring stick" week: We'll learn a lot more this week about the conference. Utah visits USC in the first-ever Pac-12 game. Arizona State can make a national statement at home against Missouri. Arizona wants redemption for a bowl loss to Oklahoma State. Speaking of redemption, Colorado wants it against California (in a nonconference, conference game). Oregon will try to bounce back against Nevada. Washington matches up with a Hawaii team that just pounded Colorado. And Washington State moves on without Tuel against UNLV.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/25113/what-we-learned-in-the-pac-12-week-1http://espn.go.com/blog/p...ned-in-the-pac-12-week-1
My prediction:
UCLA beats Utah and that really proves nothing
ASU beats Mizzou which pretty much does the same
Arizona loses a shootout to OK.ST because they are probably a better all around team
Colorado beats Cal barely which doesn't change that they still are bad
Oregon Kills Nevada 84-27 and James, Thomas, and De.Thomas each account for 3 TDs once again proving nothing
WSU beats a pretty bad UNLV team in a close game.

Oregon, Stanford, and ASU are the class of the PAC 12 this year, and as noted by previous poster, Oregon/Stanford will be the game of the year in this conference.  AZ/ASU might be more heated than initially expected as well.

pimp.gif
Cal....I was pleased with the game yesterday. Zach Maynard looks good, although it's easy to look good as a QB for Cal compared to Kevin Riley and Brock Mansion. But there's reason for optimism...I'd be very happy with a 6-8 win season and a lower tier bowl game.

I think this is Stanford's to lose. They have a complete team and the best QB in the nation; they will be tested but I can see them going undefeated, as much as I hate to admit it.

If Maynard makes plays like he did yesterday Cal will be in the hunt for the North Division Title

did u get a new HC?

Don't sleep on the Dawgs!

Hard to read a lot into yesterday's game. EWU is a very tough team, but I still thought UW would've won by at least 10.

I think Washington will be a team that hurts someone in the Pac-12's chances of attending a BCS game.

If Maynard makes plays like he did yesterday Cal will be in the hunt for the North Division Title

i wouldn't count on those soft backfoot lobs getting us through conference play

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I still think Stanford is good for two/three losses this year.
and what teams will beat them?

I think Oregon, USC, Cal, ASU, could beat them.
Not saying they will, but could...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

cal and ASU? dude you dont even believe that
Just an opinion. It's a long season.
I've got no problem being wrong.

A lot of people are underestimating Cal, but that's fine. We are a lot better than that debacle that we had happened last season.

Back
Top Bottom