Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Medal Count — USA Men’s Volleyball vs. Italy Bronze Medal Match🥇🥈🥉

Who knew they were break dancing so much in Ukraine?

is this why russia invaded?
IMG_2533.gif

Originally I was all for supporting anyone who gets a shot at being in the Olympics, But after seeing this, maybe I am a hater. Or maybe I'm too old.

What's fascinating is that Raygun - the Australian breaker - is a university lecturer who has been widely reported to be critical of breaking as an Olympic sport. The problem was that the breaking community wasn't asked if it wanted to be an Olympic sport.

Long story short, the World Dancesport Federation wanted ballroom dancing to be in the Olympic program. The IOC wanted a dancesport, but felt ballroom was too outdated and wanted a younger appeal, so the WDSF nominated breaking as having the best chance, and perhaps the pathway to ballroom.

The majority of breakdancers see themselves as artists, not athletes. Most countries and regions didn't have an organised sporting body for breaking, so a lot of high-profile breakers had to take on the roles of administrators to put together a competition format suitable for the Olympics over the past 5 years.

Seeing this now, it really looks half-baked. It does so poorly to celebrate breaking to an audience that is already critical of it

Folks saying that she was protesting the event with that mess lol

I’m undoubtedly making the trip out west for LA28.

Feel so left out of the good times and festivities but will feel even worse when they’re on the same continent and still out of reach.

I’m undoubtedly making the trip out west for LA28.

Feel so left out of the good times and festivities but will feel even worse when they’re on the same continent and still out of reach.

One of my best friends likes to joke about how he attended the 1984 Olympics. He's from LA originally, and his dad attended a couple events. My buddy was four months old and his dad had him in his arms lol.

Who's idea was it to combine hurdles + 400m anyway. Sounds like pure torture.
Constantly amazed with these athletes.

One of my best friends likes to joke about how he attended the 1984 Olympics. He's from LA originally, and his dad attended a couple events. My buddy was four months old and his dad had him in his arms lol.
My pops went to Atlanta in ‘96.

I would’ve remembered too [not much] but homie didn’t even take the fam :smh:

Back
Top Bottom