Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Medal Count — USA Men’s Volleyball vs. Italy Bronze Medal Match🥇🥈🥉

He's calling out the ********, misinfo memes and showing support :lol:, that's probably the biggest rapper in France. @DripNick knows

Said it's the 2nd time they've lost the Algerian war :lol: :pimp:

Yeah I had to see the translation, I dunno when this photoshop was made talking BS is one thing but this in on a higher level of disgusting :smh:

Third time, don’t forget Kaylia Nemour :wink:

Zero clue why Kenny is 3rd anyways.. shoulda subbed in grant halloway for the 2nd leg if you’re anchoring with Fred

They're really turning up in Algeria 🇩🇿 tonight :pimp:

GUkpXoFWoAAIzzb.jpeg

Hell of a gold medal game, the Canadians made them fight for it but fitting for the best team in the world to certify it with an Olympic gold

Brandi Wilkerson and Melissa Paredes can still hang their heads high, they both did something never been done before for Canada.

One of the most intense gold matches I’ve watch this Olympics. Both squads were going on huge runs. Canada came out strong in the first set before fumbling it. The way they went at each others’ necks in the final set was ******* glorious. Love to see that kind of competition

Imane Khelif is just following the rules, so no hate should be directed at her.

but

as i understand it, IOC took over governing boxing for 2024, but given the safety issues at play with combat sports,
it is wild to kinda throw your hands up when it comes to sex testing

and just go by passports.

this is always going to be a tough issue, but boxing is the one place where where I dunno feels like you need to do sex testing.

Imane Khelif is just following the rules, so no hate should be directed at her.

but

as i understand it, IOC took over governing boxing for 2024, but given the safety issues at play with combat sports,
it is wild to kinda throw your hands up when it comes to sex testing

and just go by passports.

this is always going to be a tough issue, but boxing is the one place where where I dunno feels like you need to do sex testing.
I that really the IOC's position?

I thought in their statement was Khelif was born female, grew up female, live life as a female, been boxing as a female, and as female on her passport. And the IBA is a untrustworthy and corruption organization, and the details of the test they did lacked due process.

Not that we check her passport, so it is cool.

The IOC rules say that inclusion should be the default in such cases and that athletes with DSD should only be excluded from women’s competition if there are clear fairness or safety issues.

The IOC reiterated Friday that all athletes competing in the boxing tournament “comply with the competition’s eligibility and entry regulations, as well as all applicable medical regulations.”

The IOC’s Adams added however that he understood concerns that had been raised around testing, fairness and safety.

“Everyone wants a black and white explanation of how we can determine this. That explanation does not exist neither in the scientific community nor anywhere else,” he said.

She has a 44-9 record, only 7 KOs, and lost in the gold medal fight in the 2022 World Championships.

I think it is a reasonable call to conclude Imane Khelif's inclusion doesn't post a safety or fairness issue. Not like she is sending women to the hospital on the regular, is fighting at a higher weight class, and other women have beaten her.

All things considered I think that the IOC probably put more consideration into this situation than just checking a passport.

Last edited:
I that really the IOC's position?

I thought in their statement was Khelif was born female, grew up female, live life as a female, been boxing as a female, and as female on her passport. And the IBA is a untrustworthy and corruption organization, and the details of the test they did lacked due process.

Not that we check her passport, so it is cool.

She has a 44-9 record, only 7 KOs, and lost in the gold medal fight in the 2022 World Championships.

I think it is a reasonable call to conclude Imane Khelif's inclusion doesn't post a safety or fairness issue. Not like she is sending women to the hospital on the regular, is fighting at a higher weight class, and other women have beaten her.

All things considered I think that the IOC probably put more consideration into this situation that checking a passport.

I was listening to this podcast Tested about the history of sex testing in sports. My understanding is that;

-The IOC does not perform and sex testing anymore and has delegated that to the governing bodies.
- it has general guidelines about how governing bodies sex testing rules should work, "DSD should only be excluded from women’s competition if there are clear fairness or safety issues" is one of those general guidelines.
- IOC just goes by passports and relies on the governing bodies to disqualify any DSD's

They stripped the IBA of their as governing body and took over for 2024.
but they did not implement any sex testing and just went by passports as their policy.

they disregarded the IBA ruling on the basis of lack of transparency about the tests, and unfairness of the process.
but unless im mistaken I don't think they actually did any sex testing.

I was listening to this podcast Tested about the history of sex testing in sports. My understanding is that;

-The IOC does not perform and sex testing anymore and has delegated that to the governing bodies.
- it has general guidelines about how governing bodies sex testing rules should work, "DSD should only be excluded from women’s competition if there are clear fairness or safety issues" is one of those general guidelines.
- IOC just goes by passports and relies on the governing bodies to disqualify any DSD's

They stripped the IBA of their as governing body and took over for 2024.
but they did not implement any sex testing and just went by passports as their policy.

they disregarded the IBA ruling on the basis of lack of transparency about the tests, and unfairness of the process.
but unless im mistaken I don't think they actually did any sex testing.
From my understanding:

-The IBA was suspended in 2019, they didn't run the 2020/2021 games, and appointed committee did. The committee based their eligibility criteria for these games off of the 2020/21 rules which were based on Rio's which the IBA ran. And most international competitions were held under.
-Khelif competed in Tokyo, without any objection from anyone. She didn't even medal
-Completed and won silver in the 2022 IBA World Championships
-The disqualification and controversy regarding the testing happened in 2023
-The IBA didn't have a structured sex testing program.

A country complained, the women were tested, disqualified, there was little transparency. Afterwards did the IBA say a sex testing procedure should/will be established.

They still can't even say what test the women failed in 2023. From what I read, it has been a **** show.

-Like if were are talking about safety and fairness, I would think all things considered Khelif should be allowed to compete.

If you think this will be some issue in the future, that the IOC's policy will endanger the athletes or competition, the IOC already said that a new world governing body has to be formed, of else there is probably not gonna be boxing in 2028. So it will be out of their hands one way or the other after these games.

The IOC seems to be saying that there is not clear cut criteria they can establish through just lab testing as to who to disqualify. And I think that is smart position.

So in practical terms, I don't really see the issue with this situation, and even going forward when it comes to the IOC.

Unless you think that every female boxer should go through sex testing by the IOC, and anyone found to have a Y chromosome be automatically disqualified?

Last edited:
From my understanding:

-The IBA was suspended in 2019, they didn't run the 2020/2021 games, and appointed committee did. The committee based their eligibility criteria for these games off of the 2020/21 rules which were based on Rio's which the IBA ran. And most international competitions were held under.
-Khelif competed in Tokyo, without any objection from anyone. She didn't even medal
-Completed and won silver in the 2022 IBA World Championships
-The disqualification and controversy regarding the testing happened in 2023
-The IBA didn't have a structured sex testing program.

A country complained, the women were tested, disqualified, there was little transparency. Afterwards did the IBA say a sex testing procedure should/will be established.

They still can't even say what test the women failed in 2023. From what I read, it has been a **** show.

-Like if were are talking about safety and fairness, I would think all things considered Khelif should be allowed to compete.

If you think this will be some issue in the future, that the IOC's policy will endanger the athletes or competition, the IOC already said that a new world governing body has to be formed, of else there is probably not gonna be boxing in 2028.

The IOC seems to be saying that there is not clear cut criteria they can establish through just lab testing as to who to disqualify. And I think that is smart position.

So in practical terms, I don't really see the issue with this situation, and even going forward when it comes to the IOC.

Unless you think that every female boxer should go through sex testing by the IOC, and anyone found to have a Y chromosome be automatically disqualified.

I think the IOC was in a tough taking over on relatively short notice.

I think they are balancing a number of things,

- Fairness to Khelif; who has undoubtedly been jerked around and treated unfairly by the IBA.
- Consistency of process; spinning up a whole new sex testing and DSD policy on short notice against their own policy I feels unfair.
- privacy; can't be asking one or two athletes to submit themselves to sex testing based off the word of a potential corrupt organization
- preservation of the protected category;
- safety of the other female competitors.

if we were dealing with a non contact sport, I would have prob did what the IOC did, and just let it rock.
but i think given the fact that it's a combat sport, which carries greater risk of injury,

I believe they should have came up with a DSD and sex testing policy for everyone.

it would have been short notice, and honestly unfair to Khelif, but I think the combat sport aspect tips it for me.

but i think it's a close call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom