Parks and Recreation vol. this show is slept on

Finally got on Community. I like it much better than the Office. The Office got stale to me. Should I invest into this?

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I can't stand Amy Poehler though.
That's the main reason I was never interested in this show.

She was DECENT on SNL, but on a sitcom? Nah.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

I gotta say this show > The Office.

I don't know about that.. The Office has been good for too long to be dethrone so quickly. P&R is hilarity, though.

Originally Posted by APLX2

Originally Posted by bilingue23

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by bilingue23

Everyone needs to watch Aziz's stand up special that was on Comedy Central. Hilarious.

Him repeating stuff over and over wasnt funny at all to me.
huh? repeating stuff? How can you not think this is one of the funniest stand ups???
It's only funny to those who have never seen his material before. Dude recycled jokes from all his previous sessions. There were jokes in that special I've must of heard for the 3rd time in as many of his stand ups.

he's right. Alot of Aziz's material from the Comedy Central special was used before on various talk shows and whatnot

laugh.gif
I made a thread about this very topic like a week ago.

Those saying Parks and Rec is just a poor man's version of The Office are either:

1) haven't watched very much of The Office

or

2) haven't watched very much of Parks and Rec

because, really, aside from the few awkward glances at the camera and the "mockumentary" format, they share very little else in common.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I can't stand Amy Poehler though.
That's the main reason I was never interested in this show.

She was DECENT on SNL, but on a sitcom? Nah.
I felt the exact same way, she was the biggest turn off to me at first but she's better than I expected.  She's a lot better on the show than on SNL, and she's not the main draw for me, there are plenty of funny people on the show.

Big thanks to these types of threads.

I was turned off of Parks and Rec season 1 because of Amy's "stupid" copy cat Michael Scott type antics. But this show has really come into its own the second season. A thread here on NT put me back on Parks and Rec about a month back. I was so turned off from season 1, but season 2 is
laugh.gif

and yes, Community is great as well.

I dont think parks and rec is slept on, maybe on here. My two fav people on the show are aziz and ron swanson.

I can't get into Community because I don't like any of the characters on the show
laugh.gif

Tom Haverford, Ron Swanson, Andy, Jerry
laugh.gif

Rashida Jones
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom