PAU GASOL TRADE TO THE LAKERS REVISITED

Originally Posted by MzD650

People see that the Lakers won 2 championships with Pau and assume the trade was was a complete rip off. It wasnt.

pretty much explains why ppl are so salty over the deal. pau has def progressed his game since going to la but ppl was acting like the lakers got tim duncan or dwight howard.

Originally Posted by MzD650

People see that the Lakers won 2 championships with Pau and assume the trade was was a complete rip off. It wasnt.

pretty much explains why ppl are so salty over the deal. pau has def progressed his game since going to la but ppl was acting like the lakers got tim duncan or dwight howard.

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

If you pretty much help another team build a dynasty it's a horrible trade
exactly. That trade was atrocious then and its atrocious now.

I really dont understand this logic.  A team makes a trade to better itself.  Thats what the Grizzlies did.  What happens to the other team should be irrelevant.  Both teams did well in this trade, and thats how it should be looked at.  But most people hate on the Lakers and are salty because they have won titles after this trade....therefore holding the belief that the Lakers ripped off the Grizzlies.  They didnt.

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

If you pretty much help another team build a dynasty it's a horrible trade
exactly. That trade was atrocious then and its atrocious now.

I really dont understand this logic.  A team makes a trade to better itself.  Thats what the Grizzlies did.  What happens to the other team should be irrelevant.  Both teams did well in this trade, and thats how it should be looked at.  But most people hate on the Lakers and are salty because they have won titles after this trade....therefore holding the belief that the Lakers ripped off the Grizzlies.  They didnt.

atrocious and horrible? can we say NaCl-ty 1more time. any1 remember kobe bryant for vlade divac? yall trippin over pau..in retrospect yall should pretty much jus off yourself over the kobe deal.

atrocious and horrible? can we say NaCl-ty 1more time. any1 remember kobe bryant for vlade divac? yall trippin over pau..in retrospect yall should pretty much jus off yourself over the kobe deal.

Originally Posted by dland24

when you really think about this trade, was it really that bad of a trade?  Honestly?

Yes.

I know Lakers fans will try to make it look like it was fair in some way, but nah. If I want to make space in my apartment, I don't give away my expensive TV to another guy for absolutely nothing (or in the case of Grizzlies, Kwame being less than nothing) and say "Hey, it was a great deal for both of us. We both got what we wanted. He got a TV and I created some extra space."

That trade was FIXED. The most one sided trade in history. Jerry West was not a part of the Grizzlies staff technically, but he had influence.

flame_suit.jpg

Okay Lakers signatures, hit me!

when you really think about this trade, was it really that bad of a trade?  Honestly?

Yes.

I know Lakers fans will try to make it look like it was fair in some way, but nah. If I want to make space in my apartment, I don't give away my expensive TV to another guy for absolutely nothing (or in the case of Grizzlies, Kwame being less than nothing) and say "Hey, it was a great deal for both of us. We both got what we wanted. He got a TV and I created some extra space."

That trade was FIXED. The most one sided trade in history. Jerry West was not a part of the Grizzlies staff technically, but he had influence.

flame_suit.jpg

I almost jizzed my pants when I got a text saying Kwame left for Pau. Greatest trade of all time, considering it got my team 2 chips 
pimp.gif

I almost jizzed my pants when I got a text saying Kwame left for Pau. Greatest trade of all time, considering it got my team 2 chips 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Yes.

flame_suit.jpg

Marc Gasol, nothing?

Okay.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Yes.

flame_suit.jpg

Marc Gasol, nothing?

Okay.

Pau's skills really suit the offense LA is running and naturally his game blossomed after he got here.

He was never really a superstar type....granted, he led Memphis to a 50 win season and a playoff berth, but he never had the look of a #1 franchise type player before.

His skills are perfect in the triangle and is a perfect complement to Kobe's.

The deal looks bad, because it brought us 3 finals appearances and 2 championship, but Memphis got Marc Gasol (a 15 and 10 Center), cap space (aka Brown and Mihm's expiring, used to sign Z-Bo and re-sign Gay), and couple of 1st rounders. It doesn't look as bad now as it did when the deal took place.

Pau's skills really suit the offense LA is running and naturally his game blossomed after he got here.

He was never really a superstar type....granted, he led Memphis to a 50 win season and a playoff berth, but he never had the look of a #1 franchise type player before.

His skills are perfect in the triangle and is a perfect complement to Kobe's.

The deal looks bad, because it brought us 3 finals appearances and 2 championship, but Memphis got Marc Gasol (a 15 and 10 Center), cap space (aka Brown and Mihm's expiring, used to sign Z-Bo and re-sign Gay), and couple of 1st rounders. It doesn't look as bad now as it did when the deal took place.

if you can get rid of kwame brown and get pau gasol, no matter how look at it, that is a great trade. kwame shouldnt even be in the league cause he sucks and pau gasol was the mvp of world championships and also FIBA MVP. that says more than enough

if you can get rid of kwame brown and get pau gasol, no matter how look at it, that is a great trade. kwame shouldnt even be in the league cause he sucks and pau gasol was the mvp of world championships and also FIBA MVP. that says more than enough

mitch did his magic
pimp.gif

look at the grizz now though theyre pretty good not championship type good but a possible playoff appearance good. im sure theyre content

mitch did his magic
pimp.gif

look at the grizz now though theyre pretty good not championship type good but a possible playoff appearance good. im sure theyre content

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

pau was injured at the time he didn't play at all during the 07-08 season up until that point but the grizzlies got marc gasol, javaris, crappy brown, and 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010. crittenton was a 2007 first round pick so they techniclly got marc gasol, a 2007 first round pick, a 2008 first round pick a 2010 first round pick and one of the biggest busts of all time.

the reality is when you trade a good player your almost never going to get equal value and what gets to me is the same people who cry about "jerry west gift wrapping pau gasol to the lakers" don't even know jerry west was retired then and they disregard the fact that kevin mchale hooked his boy danny up with kg that past summer instead of taking odom and bynum in the deal the lakers were offering.
That was the previous season, 2006-2007.
i stand corrected,  i don't know why i got the years mixed up, but still regarding the pau trade, people need to be realistic.  when you trade a good player almost all the time your going to get 20 cents on the dollar for them. that's just reality  and it's not just memphis and the lakers

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

pau was injured at the time he didn't play at all during the 07-08 season up until that point but the grizzlies got marc gasol, javaris, crappy brown, and 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010. crittenton was a 2007 first round pick so they techniclly got marc gasol, a 2007 first round pick, a 2008 first round pick a 2010 first round pick and one of the biggest busts of all time.

the reality is when you trade a good player your almost never going to get equal value and what gets to me is the same people who cry about "jerry west gift wrapping pau gasol to the lakers" don't even know jerry west was retired then and they disregard the fact that kevin mchale hooked his boy danny up with kg that past summer instead of taking odom and bynum in the deal the lakers were offering.
That was the previous season, 2006-2007.
i stand corrected,  i don't know why i got the years mixed up, but still regarding the pau trade, people need to be realistic.  when you trade a good player almost all the time your going to get 20 cents on the dollar for them. that's just reality  and it's not just memphis and the lakers

It was a gift. It definitely was. Just like KG was a gift to the Celtics. Yes, I'm a salty Bulls fan, even if getting Gasol the year before would've meant we probably don't get D. Rose.

Marc Gasol is nice, but he's an over rated double double guy. He's not carrying a team the way his brother can. Please put Pau on the grizzlies with a decent center, rudy gay, oj mayo and those other pieces. You know the Grizzlies are better than they are now.

Back
Top Bottom