PAU GASOL TRADE TO THE LAKERS REVISITED

i rather have marc gasol than andrew crutch bynum
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by MzD650

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

It was a gift. It definitely was. Just like KG was a gift to the Celtics. Yes, I'm a salty Bulls fan, even if getting Gasol the year before would've meant we probably don't get D. Rose.

Marc Gasol is nice, but he's an over rated double double guy. He's not carrying a team the way his brother can. Please put Pau on the grizzlies with a decent center, rudy gay, oj mayo and those other pieces. You know the Grizzlies are better than they are now.
This is absolutely ******ed.  You cant take the current Grizz roster and replace Marc with Pau.  The Grizz likely dont have Gay, Mayo OR Randolph right now if the trade isnt made.  How you can admit that the Bulls wouldnt have Rose if they got Gasol, yet you think the Grizz would still have all the pieces they do if they dont make the trade, is absolutely baffling.  
You completely missed what he was trying to say
grin.gif
I did?  You sure about that?  Why dont you try to explain it then....because I think it is YOU that missed what he is trying to say.

It was a gift. It definitely was. Just like KG was a gift to the Celtics. Yes, I'm a salty Bulls fan, even if getting Gasol the year before would've meant we probably don't get D. Rose.

Marc Gasol is nice, but he's an over rated double double guy. He's not carrying a team the way his brother can. Please put Pau on the grizzlies with a decent center, rudy gay, oj mayo and those other pieces. You know the Grizzlies are better than they are now.
This is absolutely ******ed.  You cant take the current Grizz roster and replace Marc with Pau.  The Grizz likely dont have Gay, Mayo OR Randolph right now if the trade isnt made.  How you can admit that the Bulls wouldnt have Rose if they got Gasol, yet you think the Grizz would still have all the pieces they do if they dont make the trade, is absolutely baffling.  
grin.gif
I did?  You sure about that?  Why dont you try to explain it then....because I think it is YOU that missed what he is trying to say.

Memphis saw how soft Pau was and unless they brought someone in like Kobe, they weren't going to win with him ... Marc (or however spell it) was supposed to be a better version of Pau so clearing cap space to be able to bring in guys like Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo plus Pau 2.0 sounded pretty damn good .... Look how Pau got pushed around his first Finals appearance, when he was traded to the Lakers he was nowhere near the player that he is today. While Pau has made LA, LA has just as much made Pau

Memphis saw how soft Pau was and unless they brought someone in like Kobe, they weren't going to win with him ... Marc (or however spell it) was supposed to be a better version of Pau so clearing cap space to be able to bring in guys like Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo plus Pau 2.0 sounded pretty damn good .... Look how Pau got pushed around his first Finals appearance, when he was traded to the Lakers he was nowhere near the player that he is today. While Pau has made LA, LA has just as much made Pau

Originally Posted by XxToWrXx

*!#? Marc Gasol to be perfectly honest was Pau Gasols fat loser brother, and nobody thoguht he was ever going to be as good as Pau, and people still don't believe that today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by XxToWrXx

*!#? Marc Gasol to be perfectly honest was Pau Gasols fat loser brother, and nobody thoguht he was ever going to be as good as Pau, and people still don't believe that today.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

He never said The Grizz would still have those people if gasol wasnet traded
ohwell.gif
....all he was trying to say was that Pau is Better then Marc and if Pau was in the same situation that Marc is in Right now Pau's Team would be better

grin.gif

ohwell.gif
....all he was trying to say was that Pau is Better then Marc and if Pau was in the same situation that Marc is in Right now Pau's Team would be better

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

Everyone knows that Pau is better than Marc right now.  Thats kind of a silly thing to argue. You cant just say if the two were switched places, the Grizzlies would be better.  Thats ******ed.  The whole team would be constructed differently, so how is that even something worth talking about?

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

Everyone knows that Pau is better than Marc right now.  Thats kind of a silly thing to argue. You cant just say if the two were switched places, the Grizzlies would be better.  Thats ******ed.  The whole team would be constructed differently, so how is that even something worth talking about?

Just because he only made 1 all-star team and made no all-nba teams before LA doesn't mean anything.  Look at his stats at Memphis. His whole career he's been basically 20 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks.  And sure Marc Gasol panned out really well, but you can't honestly say he was "young talent" at the time.  He hadn't played a single game in the NBA when the trade was made.  And if anyone thought Critteron was young talent, they were smoking.  And the picks?  Really?  First round picks from a team that always makes the playoffs aren't worth Pau Gasol. The deal was a scam.

I'm just saying, you can't rationally defend that deal as fair in any way possible. LA just took advantage of a stupid GM which I won't hate on them for. I got GM's, commentators, and whoever around the league to back me up. Popovic wanted to veto it because it was so outrageous.

Just because he only made 1 all-star team and made no all-nba teams before LA doesn't mean anything.  Look at his stats at Memphis. His whole career he's been basically 20 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks.  And sure Marc Gasol panned out really well, but you can't honestly say he was "young talent" at the time.  He hadn't played a single game in the NBA when the trade was made.  And if anyone thought Critteron was young talent, they were smoking.  And the picks?  Really?  First round picks from a team that always makes the playoffs aren't worth Pau Gasol. The deal was a scam.

I'm just saying, you can't rationally defend that deal as fair in any way possible. LA just took advantage of a stupid GM which I won't hate on them for. I got GM's, commentators, and whoever around the league to back me up. Popovic wanted to veto it because it was so outrageous.

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

I agree Everyone does know Pau is better, but im thats what he was saying....and its a hypothetical situation your thinking way to hard on this hes just saying if u replace Marc with Pau the team would be better thats it. So know the team wouldnt be constructed diffrent its an imaginary situation
laugh.gif

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

I agree Everyone does know Pau is better, but im thats what he was saying....and its a hypothetical situation your thinking way to hard on this hes just saying if u replace Marc with Pau the team would be better thats it. So know the team wouldnt be constructed diffrent its an imaginary situation
laugh.gif

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

I'm glad someone got me. Yes, my argument was simply to make the argument that Pau is better than Marc. I'm glad you agree with me. Sorry that my method of argument didn't make sense to some.

Sorry for the multiple quotes.

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

I'm glad someone got me. Yes, my argument was simply to make the argument that Pau is better than Marc. I'm glad you agree with me. Sorry that my method of argument didn't make sense to some.

Sorry for the multiple quotes.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by mogzz04

He was never really a superstar type....granted, he led Memphis to a 50 win season and a playoff berth, but he never had the look of a #1 franchise type player before.

Hilarious how Gasol leading bad teams to 50 and 49 win seasons and three straight playoff berths wasn't enough for him to be regarded as a franchise player considering that all that certain future teammate of his was doing at the time was leading his teams to 42 and 45 win seasons and playoff berths, yet no one in the world was questioning his status as a franchise player.

They didn't question Kobe's status because Kobe had 3 titles under his belt. Yes he did have Shaq's help but he still had 3 titles. Pau had won nothing up to that point. 

Now why is it Pau could lead those teams to 50 and 49 wins but not be an all star or get any real props but as soon as he comes to LA people start saying he is one of the best bigs in the NBA? It’s because he got paired with a 3 time champion and multiple time all star. People FINALLY got to see him play. Nobody was really watching him carry a bad Memphis team with the exception of the people in Memphis. I don't know if playing with Kobe made him any better but I do know that him playing with Kobe gave more people an opportunity to see how good he really was.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by mogzz04

He was never really a superstar type....granted, he led Memphis to a 50 win season and a playoff berth, but he never had the look of a #1 franchise type player before.

Hilarious how Gasol leading bad teams to 50 and 49 win seasons and three straight playoff berths wasn't enough for him to be regarded as a franchise player considering that all that certain future teammate of his was doing at the time was leading his teams to 42 and 45 win seasons and playoff berths, yet no one in the world was questioning his status as a franchise player.

They didn't question Kobe's status because Kobe had 3 titles under his belt. Yes he did have Shaq's help but he still had 3 titles. Pau had won nothing up to that point. 

Now why is it Pau could lead those teams to 50 and 49 wins but not be an all star or get any real props but as soon as he comes to LA people start saying he is one of the best bigs in the NBA? It’s because he got paired with a 3 time champion and multiple time all star. People FINALLY got to see him play. Nobody was really watching him carry a bad Memphis team with the exception of the people in Memphis. I don't know if playing with Kobe made him any better but I do know that him playing with Kobe gave more people an opportunity to see how good he really was.

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

If you pretty much help another team build a dynasty it's a horrible trade
exactly. That trade was atrocious then and its atrocious now.
I agree definitely one of the worst trades ever.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

ya'll haven't seen nothing yet....
eb5tmp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom