Paypal Dispute Question Vol. Scammed by NT member

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

OP same exact thing happened to me a couple years back. Sad to see dudes is still scamming like this, I honestly never knew it was still possible with a gift payment so I will need to watch out for that.

I hope things work out better for you I ended up having to give paypal back 450 bucks (not to mention I never got my 11/12 CDP back).....

Yeah, I didn't know people could do this for gift payments. I should have done my research.

Hope people learn from this and forget about the whole gift option with paypal and just send a regular invoice.

U can't add that 4% on NT tho so that gift option worked out really good for buyers and sellers....

Google really needs to step in on this Ebay/ Paypal monopoly

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Optimus Prime
Quit messin with him ya'll... OP is Olden Polynice

olden.jpg

You're welcome bros.
happy.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't see why Paypal can't just take a loss once in a while. Shouldn't they take responsibility for who's using their website illegally???

Originally Posted by Camar087

So recently I sold shoes here on NT.  I ship the shoes and once the shoes are delivered he files an "unauthorized claim." I even have pm's from this guy saying he has the shoes too.

Could anyone tell me the likelihood of me winning the dispute? So far I've only given paypal the tracking info for the package. 

Here's his NT username: So if you're selling something in the buy/sell forums be careful of this guy because he could possibly do the same to you.

Username:
DonBudd

Paypal Address:
[email protected]

Address:
DON BUDD
1000 CENTRAL AVE
KANSAS CITY KS, 66102

Phone Number:
913-321-0629
Look did you use paypal shipping?

If you did your covered.

And if the purchase amount was over $250 I hope you got signature if not your screwed

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

was it a confirmed or unconfirmed address?

The payment was sent as a gift.
Your screwed. He knew what he was doing....

you cant contest gift payments with paypal.

Trying to save money got you screwed.

Your not going to win might as well chaulk your losses.

I deal with Paypal all the time about 80k a year, i know how it works and i can tell you right now your not getting anything back.

You got his info, file suit in court in his home city

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

If the payment was sent as a gift, then no claim can be opened.....

[retty much, he filed a chargeback with his credit card company
30t6p3b.gif

If you can provide proof of him sending messages to you, then paypal will handle the situation. And if it is supposedly fraud in terms of his account be used, then the items should be returned as you do have the tracking.

To be quite honest, if I was you, I'd keep his name and address and prepare for a civil law suit(doesn't cost much)
Yep best thing to do now is civil lawsuit and follow through with it

So recently I sold shoes here on NT.  I ship the shoes and once the shoes are delivered he files an "unauthorized claim." I even have pm's from this guy saying he has the shoes too.

Could anyone tell me the likelihood of me winning the dispute? So far I've only given paypal the tracking info for the package. 

Here's his NT username: So if you're selling something in the buy/sell forums be careful of this guy because he could possibly do the same to you.

Username:
DonBudd

Paypal Address:
[email protected]

Address:
DON BUDD
1000 CENTRAL AVE
KANSAS CITY KS, 66102

Phone Number:
913-321-0629
OP is lying..

The dude bought the shoes on March 5th and didn't receive the shoes until March 15th.. And He filed a complaint on March 12th(Not the same day he received the shoes as OP said)

Op filed a unauthorized use because he couldn't file a item not receive since he payed as gift and did not receive his shoes after 8 days

The dude canceled the dispute with Paypal this morning and it takes 24 hours for it to happen

All in all its the OP fault because he took so long to ship the shoes. You should had did 3 day priority mail for $10 and had better communication

And OP should remove the buyer information from here. It took 10 days for him to get his shoes almost 2 weeks. You would had did the same thing and you lied on this forum. You said he filed the dispute the same day he got them NO. He filed on the 12th and got the shoes on the 15th. You took to long to ship..

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What you did was print up the shipping label through Paypal but you didnt take the shoes to the postal office until  days later! [/color]

The dude wasnt scamming he was just protecting himself because he never got his shoes after 2 weeks

OP should be banned for lying and remove his personal information

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Username:
DonBudd

Paypal Address:
[email protected]

Address:
DON BUDD
1000 CENTRAL AVE
KANSAS CITY KS, 66102

Phone Number:
913-321-0629
OP is lying..

The dude bought the shoes on March 5th and didn't receive the shoes until March 15th.. And He filed a complaint on March 12th(Not the same day he received the shoes as OP said)

Op filed a unauthorized use because he couldn't file a item not receive since he payed as gift and did not receive his shoes after 8 days

The dude canceled the dispute with Paypal this morning and it takes 24 hours for it to happen

All in all its the OP fault because he took so long to ship the shoes. You should had did 3 day priority mail for $10 and had better communication

And OP should remove the buyer information from here. It took 10 days for him to get his shoes almost 2 weeks. You would had did the same thing and you lied on this forum. You said he filed the dispute the same day he got them NO. He filed on the 12th and got the shoes on the 15th. You took to long to ship..

What you did was print up the shipping label through Paypal but you didnt take the shoes to the postal office until  days later!

The dude wasnt scamming he was just protecting himself because he never got his shoes after 2 weeks

Why would I make this post if I was lying? I have been on NT since 2005. So why would I ruin my reputation? He did not cancel the dispute. If you look at the screen shot the date is on the left.  Also, I give my buyers the option of parcel or priority. I've talked to Paypal many times about what's going on and they told me when a dispute is cancelled/closed the funds would return to the acount within mintues not 24 hours.

In addition, if you go to USPS.com and look up the tracking info, you will see that USPS had the item in Kansas to be delivered on time, but for some reason they moved the item to DES MOINS IOWA then back to Kansas. 

In the end, I really don't care if you dont believe me. I made this post for others who sell on NT to be aware of this guy.

Username:
DonBudd

Paypal Address:
[email protected]

Address:
DON BUDD
1000 CENTRAL AVE
KANSAS CITY KS, 66102

Phone Number:
913-321-0629
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]OP is lying..[/color]

What you did was print up the shipping label through Paypal but you didnt take the shoes to the postal office until  days later!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]OP should be banned for lying and remove his personal information [/color]

Why would I make this post if I was lying? I have been selling on NT since 2005. So why would I ruin my reputation? He did not cancel the dispute. If you look at the screen shot the date is on the left.  Also, I give my buyers the option of parcel or priority. 

In addition, if you go to USPS.com and look up the tracking info, you will that USPS had the item in Kansas to be delivered on time, but for some reason they moved the item to DES MOINS IOWA then back to Kansas. 

Wither way he made the dispute when he didnt receive his shoes and you took forever to ship them.

He didnt receive his shoes and make complaint. he didnt get shoes until 15th and made complaint on the 12th

But eitherwway best thing to do is have him send the money to you via money order or paypal again because when the dispute is closed his credit card company is going to take it out his card.

If he dont pay you have all his information and you dont live to far. File a civil suit in court. Easy Win

But eitherwway best thing to do is have him send the money to you via money order or paypal again because when the dispute is closed his credit card company is going to take it out his card.

If he dont pay you have all his information and you dont live to far. File a civil suit in court. Easy Win

I've sent millions of pm's and emails to this guy with no reply. Could you tell me how a civil suit works? Im in Ca and he's in Kansas. 

OP - to be honest, filing an out of state small claims/civil filing is going to be kind of a pain cause you may have to appear in person. It may end up costing you more in the long run if you pursue this route. Here is the info I found so far. You might want to call the court and see what they say.

Based on the wiki, KSK is in Wyandotte County so this court should have jurisdiction over the matter.

Limited Actions/Small Claims
710 North 7th Street, Wyandotte County Courthouse, Basement
913-573-2811
Facsimile: 913-573-4135

The Limited Actions/Small Claims Department files and maintains records on Limited Civil (Chapter 61) and Small Claims (claims less than $4,000). The types of cases filed in this department include Debt Collections, Evictions, Recovery of Money and Limited Damages.

Another avenue of recourse you might want to consider is to submit your case to a TV Judge. TV Judge's arent actual municipal, state, or federal judges. They just act as licensed mediators (which is why they can make a ruling even if the law doesnt support their ruling). Don Budd may be interested in doing this because BOTH PARTIES get paid to appear. I sued my boy on Judge Judy as a pseudo joke one time, and we both got paid $500 just to show up. On top of that, if the judge finds in your favor, the show will typically pay the loss out on the defendants behalf. Could be win win for Don Budd.

Username:
DonBudd

Paypal Address:
[email protected]

Address:
DON BUDD
1000 CENTRAL AVE
KANSAS CITY KS, 66102

Phone Number:
913-321-0629
OP is lying..

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What you did was print up the shipping label through Paypal but you didnt take the shoes to the postal office until  days later! [/color]

What you think is too long to ship is a moot point. Per PP sellers protection policy the seller has 7 days to ship within receipt of payment. If he had followed the other guidelines he would have been in the clear. You sound like one of those buyers that start whining after 48 hours of payment sent.

first off, filing an unauthorized claim is garbage, the buyer will not win because how can he prove that he didnt send the payment? they look at IP's and everything. OP would have won the case but it takes awhile. Unauthorized cases rarely end up bad since they are lies most of the time.

I sell so much stuff on eBay and it's only a matter of time before I deal with some bs like this.  I keep reading small claims and all that stuff, but is it worth the trouble to report them Internet Crime Complaint here for something they would consider "small time" since it's usually only toys/kicks around the couple hundred dollar range?

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

OP if what KINGSUPERB is saying is TRUE, then why'd you take 8 days to ship out?

Not trying to instigate but don't you think that was OD long to get someones package out??? (pause)

this is why i used to avoid paypal from hearing stories like these... but i got desperate in selling my kicks so i finally opened up an account... but the thing i do when selling shoes is to have a confirmed address (verified), payment sent but not as gift and signature delivery at usps

Originally Posted by 430AM

OP if what KINGSUPERB is saying is TRUE, then why'd you take 8 days to ship out?

Not trying to instigate but don't you think that was OD long to get someones package out??? (pause)
pretty much, i'd do the same thing too and if i was buyer and didnt have a tracking # after waiting that long.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

first off, filing an unauthorized claim is garbage, the buyer will not win because how can he prove that he didnt send the payment? they look at IP's and everything. OP would have won the case but it takes awhile. Unauthorized cases rarely end up bad since they are lies most of the time.

Not they dont. Not with Paypal or any credit card services. There mission is to make sure customer is happy. And anyway heck ok my son used my card without my permission on our home computer..Easy

Originally Posted by you go boy

this is why i used to avoid paypal from hearing stories like these... but i got desperate in selling my kicks so i finally opened up an account... but the thing i do when selling shoes is to have a confirmed address (verified), payment sent but not as gift and signature delivery at usps

Thats all you have to do. I get a singature on anything to a confimed address that Paypal tell me to ship to and I ship via paypal system/ You do this and you will never have problems.
\
Paypal use to be real bad, but they gotten better lately

Back
Top Bottom