Paypal question

whats the risk of sending someone something with a unconfirmed address? wether is on ebay our outside of ebay

i would avoid sending to unconfirmed addresses because that would take away your seller protection. if PP cant confirm the address you are shipping/selling at your own risk. so if you ship the package and the buyer claims he didnt get it, even if you have a tracking number showing delivered the buyer will win. 1. because you weren't protected in the first place 2. if the address isn't confirmed as existing or being associated to the buyer the tracking wouldn't prove that the person who ordered the item received it, only that a package was shipped and delivered to the address.

the main problem w/ sending to an unconfirmed address is that folks that don't confirm their address are usually up to something..............usually. there are some instances where the buyer simply cant confirm their address, like if they cant figure out how to confirm their address, use a po box or apo address, live in a rural area or outside of the US.

Last edited:
You lose seller protection so if something goes wrong you take the loss no matter what. Not worth it.

Can a buyer see a seller's bank account number or credit card information? Also, I had someone buy something from me and we agreed to meet up. He already paid. Could he potentially say he never received the item and I would need to give the money back. What ways can I protect myself from this? We live 20 blocks away so it makes sense.

^ No buyers can't see that information, if they did it would be a field day for scam artists

Can a buyer see a seller's bank account number or credit card information? Also, I had someone buy something from me and we agreed to meet up. He already paid. Could he potentially say he never received the item and I would need to give the money back. What ways can I protect myself from this? We live 20 blocks away so it makes sense.
Either ship or refund on paypal and tell him to pay you up front.

If he pay you through paypal and then you guys meetup, he can file a claim saying he never got the item and since you don't have a tracking number, he will win.

do yourself a favor and refund that payment and tell him to give you cash in person. you just literally have ZERO protection from a chargeback or paypal dispute if he decides to do that after you've already given him the item

Back
Top Bottom