Pearl White Foamposite Pro Fall 2010

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

Originally Posted by s dubl

some of these complaints arent just with these recent releases......on my '04 black pros some of the grooves arent very defined either.

also....shoes are mass produced, not handcrafted one by one, it's impossible for each pair to be perfect.

If you want each pair to be perfect do you know how much time and effort that will take? Do you realize how much of a price increase you would see if that was done?

Im not saying it's OK for some of these imperfections (that blue stain is
sick.gif
I wonder if its from a blue dye they use on the sole?), but small things can be overlooked. No one is going to be crawling on their hands and knees inspecting your shoes as you walk down the street.
well yes of course, but i must say that sloppy glue marks and uneven toeboxes on shoes that retail for 200 and up is just unacceptable. if someone pays that kind of money for a shoe it is not out of reason to expect high quality.   if they are going to sell shoes with uneven toeboxes it should be for way less then 200.   im guessing that the individual who i am quoting does not have the kind of defects with his pair that i have mentioned.     yes, no one will be on the ground looking at your shoes but still  its no excuse for piss poor quality control

my pair is far from perfect, excess glue on cf plate, looks like wet smudges on checks yet they wont wipe off, scuffs on check etc.... but nothing that I cant live with.

Small imperfections are nothing new with retros (OGs as well)...so IMO if you're complaining about it on a $200 shoe, maybe you shouldnt be buying a $200 shoe with possibilities of these small issues.

Hell even my 07 royals, and HOH Armies have some imperfections, my '01 Black/Red XIs have spots with poor stitching, my OG Flint XIIIs one of the shoes have excess wrinkling on one of the toe boxes......minor quality issues are nothing new in the shoe game.......
all shoes are going to have small imprefections but i feel like if you are going to pay big money on a shoe you should get a top quality shoe. if nike is just going to let things slide than why not just drop the price.  shoes which have uneven toe boxes are not minor quality issues

Originally Posted by crbeezy

yeah, same here but shipping back to ndc is too much of a hassle, so im pretty much content with what i paid for

not too bad though huh?

5005619558_4d56cbc93b.jpg

5005009415_2dac1db083.jpg

5005011291_39a5e15010.jpg
i agree with the hassle.  i think your pair came out of the same batch as mine.  only thing i lack is the extra piece of plastic on the swoosh.  my pair is size 7.5

those flaws on the pair just posted actually dont bother me, ive started to care alot less about the quality control because its not gonna get any better, but im waiten on my pair to come in my very first pair of foams or anything with a posite lol cant wait to fall in love lol

Originally Posted by Arkansas Shoehead

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

ok i'm fed up this is pair #5 that's going back idk how i missed this when i inspected them in....taking them back today for another size this is too much already Nike i know u're lurking so read this carefully:

AS OF LAST YEAR I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM W/ FOAMPOSITES. STEP UP YOUR QUALITY CONTROL A $200 SHOE SHOULD BE FLAWLESS NOT RIDDLED W/ UNEVEN TOE BOXES PAIRS, W/O GROOVES ON THE SIDE, SOFT SPOTS BECAUSE THE FOAM DIDN'T CURE WELL AND THERE SHOULD BE NO BLUE BLOTCHES ON MY SHOES! IF YOU WANT TO MAXIMIZE YOUR PROFIT MAKE SHOES I DON'T HAVE TO RETURN!! I LITERALLY WENT THRU 14 BOXES OF 10.5'S WHICH NONE WERE ACCEPTABLE SO I SETTLED FOR A SIZE 10, AND STILL!
I was gonna purchase these today until seeing your post. I am always disapointed with the quality of retros, but thought Nike might put a little more effort into these for the $200 price tag.  Guess I'll continue sticking with new releases and OG's. Thank you.

So that made you not get em??? cmon who you fooling, the same way he went through 14 pairs, I shipped out 15 plus pairs and they all looked pretty damn good,  yall dudes are being way too petty. Yall want the most perfect shoe to model around in and take pictures of. Tell me who the hell can see that glue stain while youre walking down the street.. cmon

And all this complaining about 200 this and that, they've been 200 for years, why *#*%$ about the price now

everyone keeps talking about others noticing the flaws on your feet, at the end of the day if you know yourself its there its gonna bother you, i just hope they hold up and last for a few years... we just gotta live with the fact foams arent made like they use to be

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

Pearls hit orlando fl prime outlet.....$149.99....
They had a one lot of them

nah they just had one size 12 which was a customer return...
nah thats wutr they told people.... the one  sz 12 was a return... they had a one lot... 2 rows..... left outta there with a 11.5 (no ducktales)..... prime and premium outlet in orlando fl are nikes number 1 and number 2 factory stores in the whole usa.... they could have asked for a lot of foams cuz just look at the price point..... NOTHIN IN NIKE FACTORY IS OVER THE PRICE POINT 129.99!! NOTHING NO MATTER WHAT.... and the foams were $149.99....  so they must of knew what they were getting to give that price point.... anyway thats just my two cents..... (but there was more then 1 pair there)

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Pearls hit orlando fl prime outlet.....$149.99....
They had a one lot of them

nah they just had one size 12 which was a customer return...
nah thats wutr they told people.... the one  sz 12 was a return... they had a one lot... 2 rows..... left outta there with a 11.5 (no ducktales)..... prime and premium outlet in orlando fl are nikes number 1 and number 2 factory stores in the whole usa.... they could have asked for a lot of foams cuz just look at the price point..... NOTHIN IN NIKE FACTORY IS OVER THE PRICE POINT 129.99!! NOTHING NO MATTER WHAT.... and the foams were $149.99....  so they must of knew what they were getting to give that price point.... anyway thats just my two cents..... (but there was more then 1 pair there)

i must admit when i visit orlando and went to that nike outlet i was shocked at all the kicks they had.. damn i got 2 go back

I'm not complainin about spending 200 on a shoe cuz i spent the 200 twice over w/ no problem, but at the end of the day the shoe is made from a mold so EVERY pair should be precisely the same there's veery little stitching to do on the shoe, and even then when i went to Mercer yesterday to exchange my pair the first pair i had, had a ball of nylon sticking out from the toebox cuz it wasn't stitched well at all

I've been buying foams since 97 and never had to sift thru 20 boxes to get 1 pair i'd expect uneven toe boxes on a leather sneaker or similar materials, but even then it woudn't be a noticeable as it was on these i wish i would've taken the pic when i saw them at NTNY, but there was a pair w/ absolutely no grooves on the side...how that passed QC is beyond me

as for the grooves i understand they're not as deep as before i've learned to accept that i'm not THAT petty w/ my shoes, but damn something's gotta give on the quality. Those soft spots are even on the Coughdrops i just bought if it wasn't for getting them for 71 bucks they'd be going back cuz it hinders the structural integrity of the shoe and to me that defeats the purpose of a owning a Foamposite

^ smallest was a 6 anything below an 8 is pretty difficult to find not even Niketown received below a 7.5

well damn theyre only 8 years old you bastards.
their little tiny hands can only be so precise.
cut them a lil slack.

the glue stains on some pairs was horrible, i had to return mines for a different pair today smh nike for $200 we should get good quality shoes!

It used to only be jordan, but now even foamposites are losing quality, DO NOT GO THROUGH ALL THE PAIRS TO FIND A ACCEPTABLE ONE, IF THE FIRST PAIR ISNT UP TO PAR THEN PASS ON THEM. Nike will always release something similar or the same later, If you dont buy the crap they are putting out right now, there is a better chance they step their game up. You guys buying them and then hoping nike gets some morals and improves the next one, why would they do that if they are having no problem selling you the cheap versions. You guys are straight up letting nike take the money out your pocket and give you whatever they feel like.

Sorry i went on a rant but all im trying to say is if you see any problems with the shoe DO NOT BUY IT. just leave the store and wait it out for something better, im sure most you got enough kicks to last you until nike steps it up.

That size 12 at the Orlando outlet was mine...

I bought 3 pairs off NDC, kept the best 2, and returned one

Its a hassle to ship back to Nike and wait for my money, so I returned at the story to get it back instantly.

The lady said they rang up $150 when I asked what they would sell for.

the glue only bothers me wheni think about it. but its never THAT bad, my pair got alot of few nicks but suck it up pansies or pass on em

Back
Top Bottom