Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

Never had a pellet leather but had mad t shirts, sweat shirts and jeans. Had a avirex back in the 90s. Took my girl to schott last week to peep a bomber. Thinking I'm fitting to cop a schott bomber wit the patches.

That **** is [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

I still ***** with Pelle Pelle heavy. Want to get me some nice plain joints by the end of the year. A little more fitted though. 

Wish I can find pics of the plain black with the fur hood joint I had 8th grade. It looked like the joint game had on when him and 50 made peace. Wish I could find that in a smaller size now :lol:

In late 90s early 2000s in SF nobody really rocked Pelle Pelles but cats definitely were on the Avirex Leathers, I was hyped to get my first Avirex in HS back then and a lot of dudes in my hood of Lakeview had them.  Avirex were really the only brand for the stitched design leathers to pop off in SF with a few cats in the hood getting the Schott Leathers.  That was the HS me tho, once I got to college and moved around to 3 different cities and colleges and lived in 5 different cities as an adult and traveled to Europe and Asia etc. I'd never wear these stitched design and rhinestone leathers anymore.  Would much rather get an Alexander Wang or something designer if i'm going to spend that kind of money on a leather jacket
Oh ****, I'm from the View too. I used to stay on Ramsell up the street from Randolph in the middle of the hill down the street from Jose Ortega. Avirex was nationwide more so than Pelles in the late 90's/early 2000's. By the late 90's, Avirex gave Pelle Pelle a run for it's money. But Pelle was bigger in the early 90's on the East Coast from what I can tell because damn near every major East Coast rapper from the Fresh Prince to Queen Latifah to Gang Starr etc. was wearing Pelle's in their videos in 91', 92' etc. Peep Nas in the Pelle from that era:

The Hoban leathers originated in SF too. North Beach leathers. They made the infamous 8 Ball jackets. They also made the Wheremi leathers. Some of them joints were
smokin.gif

Task Force leathers were big in the Sco too back in the 80's and early 90's. Peep Rappin' 4Tay and Hugh EMC rockin them:

On the subject of the thread, E-40 wearing a purple butter soft Pelle from the "Tell Me When to Go" era:

Nah, I went to St. Stephen's by Stonestown Mall bruh. My parents made sure not to spend a little change and not send me them schools in the View back in the day because you know and I know how **** was in LV back in the late 80's and 90's 
sick.gif
. I see the View still making headlines for those wrong reasons. Even though houses in the View selling for a mil plus, folks still might get murked for nothing walking to the store on some Boyz 'N The Hood shid 
mean.gif

Come to think of it, E-40 stayed in the all over stitch Pelle's and Wissams about ten years ago. But those leathers had their moment from 03'-06'. Every rapper who's story was d-boy turned rapper had one. I had the World Tour all over stitch Pelle back then, but eventually sold it on eBay. 

I see they brought back the OG soda club leather that Will rocked on Fresh Prince:

I think the main difference is that the Pelle's from that era rarely had the PP logo on the chest, but rather had the logo on the sleeve like the 8 Ball jacket. 

Nas rocking a Pelle back in 06'

I'm lightweight mad Pelle retro'd the old school Soda Club because I copped an loud colored purple/yellow OG early 90's soda club leather that looks like the joint Will is wearing on Fresh Prince last Fall. Everybody love that damn jacket, all different types of people stop to tell me that shid is fly all the time whenever I wear it. I got high fashion leathers too. Copped an authentic super buttery Ralph Purple Label from the thrift store for $30 that gets just as much compliments and neckbreaking as the Pelle. 

retros were inevitable, pelle been going strong for a lonnnng time.

wish they made a historical site that showed older models.

Back
Top Bottom