People constantly posting that they are on the grind or working hard Unappreciation

How much time does it take to post a 5 second status that you're on the grind?

I'm white so I don't really understand this. :lol:

People working at ****** jobs and they're on the grind? 

I've literally never come across a person really on the grind that say they're "gettin paper" or "are on the grind". 

It has nothing to do with race. I'm sure there's people of all colors broadcasting how hard they are working but are working at average intensity.

That is me now.
mean.gif
me as well. been doing about 6 am - 4:30 pm last few weeks. usually pretty dark here about 4:30 (fully dark about 5:15 pm or so). then my 2 hour trek home. 
mean.gif

LOL AT DUDE USING THE WHITE CARD.

I REMEMBER HE WAS ONE OF THE ELITE FEW WHO WANTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE WHEN OBAMA WON IN 08

you've never heard of dat corporate grind? 

im in that cubicle hustler.  
Of course we all know what the grind is and it definitely exists but most people who are actually on the grind (in a very real way) do not advertise it. It's a given.

Just the other day I met a friend for lunch and he had one of his friends along. We started talking about our jobs and what we want to do in the medium term and it turned out this dude who's 27 works for a major Hedge Fund in the city and said he had around 450k (and my friend and I thought we were doing OK for our age lol) saved in various instruments. Now, this dude is definitely on the grind but never once in the conversation did he say, "Yo, I'm on that grind. I'm hustlin to get that paper."

As another poster stated; people who are on the grind have better things to do than tell others they're "on the grind". First off, nobody really gives a ****. And secondly, you better be on a ridiculous grind (as in the top 10% of earners) to advertise that you're on the grind because apart from that, nobody gives a ****.

Last edited:
3-4 hours at the gym? :x  I'm dead after 90 minutes man.

gym = day time club

it doesn't matter how long someone is at the gym it matters how hard they workout thats why when I read "trained for 3 hours" I just wanna slap the ish out them and ya some gyms are day time clubs more talking than lifts

Had to read this like 3 times...:x

#punctuationflow, get up on it.

Work sure does feel better when you got no rent to pay. 1/3 of my paycheck goes toward that. ****, when I was living at home I was buying Jordans, Polo, all that left and right. Gotta be more careful now. Work 5 days to get 2 off, and spend one of them thinking about the next week. WTF...

I use those terms because I really do be grinding man. I know others work 2X as hard as I do, but I still put in 50-55 hour weeks, and bust my *** every damb day.

So what if some IB dude or surgeon is working 100 hour weeks and makes quadruple my salary, that don't negate the work I've put in. I'm not trying to say I'm exceptional, I just do my thing, that's all.

And forget the whole "doing what I'm supposed to be doing", I make double or triple what a schoolteacher makes and work longer hours, so I'm not doing the bare minimum of what's acceptable.

work is actually somewhat relaxing for me.

i can kick back throw on some Late Night Alumni Pandora station and get to work. roll in a 6 am, no crowds, no dress code, out by 3. last few weeks been  staying til 4-4:30 pm. 

my commute and where i go home to are what stress me out. i wish i was paid hourly or allowed OT because id rack up a ton more hours. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom