People who have been to Buenos Aires (Argentina) help me out...

I'm gonna be there for most of December and January
Just wanted to know if any NT'ers had any advice as far as food, nightlife, etc.

One thing I will need to have is a pool!! It's summer during that time of year in BA and there aren't really any beaches as it's located at the mouth of a river, not on the ocean. And I've heard most public pools there are dirty and overcrowded.

Are there any hotel pools (preferably outdoor ones) that let you pay to use them? And are there any pools that have bars/DJ's etc.? I mean not on the scale of like a Vegas pool party but anything similar? It'd be sick to have a place to drink and cool off during the day.

I'm gonna be there for most of December and January
Just wanted to know if any NT'ers had any advice as far as food, nightlife, etc.

One thing I will need to have is a pool!! It's summer during that time of year in BA and there aren't really any beaches as it's located at the mouth of a river, not on the ocean. And I've heard most public pools there are dirty and overcrowded.

Are there any hotel pools (preferably outdoor ones) that let you pay to use them? And are there any pools that have bars/DJ's etc.? I mean not on the scale of like a Vegas pool party but anything similar? It'd be sick to have a place to drink and cool off during the day.

frown.gif

Do you know how to speak Spanish? From what I've experienced, if you're a foreigner and you don't look Hispanic the locals love it if you can speak Spanish

Do you know how to speak Spanish? From what I've experienced, if you're a foreigner and you don't look Hispanic the locals love it if you can speak Spanish

Originally Posted by scshift

Joe is white and he's going to Argentina.
Will not work with him that well even if he's a spanish language extraordinaire.

Originally Posted by scshift

Joe is white and he's going to Argentina.
Will not work with him that well even if he's a spanish language extraordinaire.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

My mormon friend was sent over there for his mission.

Say hi to him for me if you ever see him.

k thnx bye.
will do!
scshift wrote:

yeah i speak spanish, but from what i've heard many/most argentinians are white so they don't really "lool Hispanic" either

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

My mormon friend was sent over there for his mission.

Say hi to him for me if you ever see him.

k thnx bye.
will do!
scshift wrote:

yeah i speak spanish, but from what i've heard many/most argentinians are white so they don't really "lool Hispanic" either

Be careful when you got to a soccer game
Lots of Brothels (from what ive heard)
Dont talk bad about their God Maradona

Be careful when you got to a soccer game
Lots of Brothels (from what ive heard)
Dont talk bad about their God Maradona

oh yeah i hope i can make it to a boca juniors or river plate game, or if the argentinian team is playing that'd be unreal.

oh yeah i hope i can make it to a boca juniors or river plate game, or if the argentinian team is playing that'd be unreal.

I have a lot of family in Buenos Aires so I visit pretty often. I'm sure you've already heard that the cuisine is amazing, a signature Argentine dish is steak served with fries on the side, the best part about it though is that you'll eat some of the best steak you've ever had for a fraction of the price you would have to pay at a steakhouse here in the States. In terms of nightlife Buenos Aires has great clubs and bars all around the city and you'll see some of the most beautiful women you've ever seen, drinking age is 18 but most clubs won't let you in unless you're 21-23. If you speak enough Spanish to get you by then you'll be fine, Buenos Aires has become a huge tourist attraction in the past couple years and the locals have become accustomed to tourists from all over. In terms of blending in with the crowd, you're white and 80% of Argentina's population is of European descent so you're good to go, just don't wear anything too flashy, you don't want to attract unwanted attention from pickpockets and small time criminals. And lastly I can't help you with the pool thing, whenever I go I usually stay at a relative's house outside of the city or some small hotel near a relative's house, you're just gonna have to research that on hotels.com or something. Hope this helps, have a good trip, you'll love it over there.

I have a lot of family in Buenos Aires so I visit pretty often. I'm sure you've already heard that the cuisine is amazing, a signature Argentine dish is steak served with fries on the side, the best part about it though is that you'll eat some of the best steak you've ever had for a fraction of the price you would have to pay at a steakhouse here in the States. In terms of nightlife Buenos Aires has great clubs and bars all around the city and you'll see some of the most beautiful women you've ever seen, drinking age is 18 but most clubs won't let you in unless you're 21-23. If you speak enough Spanish to get you by then you'll be fine, Buenos Aires has become a huge tourist attraction in the past couple years and the locals have become accustomed to tourists from all over. In terms of blending in with the crowd, you're white and 80% of Argentina's population is of European descent so you're good to go, just don't wear anything too flashy, you don't want to attract unwanted attention from pickpockets and small time criminals. And lastly I can't help you with the pool thing, whenever I go I usually stay at a relative's house outside of the city or some small hotel near a relative's house, you're just gonna have to research that on hotels.com or something. Hope this helps, have a good trip, you'll love it over there.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

The National Team probably isn't going to be playing when you visit, they have to compete in the Copa America this upcoming July, you might get lucky and catch a friendly match though. There is club soccer during the months you're visiting though so you'll probably be able to catch a game while you're there. If River Plate isn't relegated to second division this season then I suggest you catch one of their home games due to the fact that they play in a much nicer area than Boca Juniors, the atmosphere at these games are unreal but it can get pretty dangerous if you don't watch your back.

Back
Top Bottom