People who have been to Buenos Aires (Argentina) help me out...

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

oh yeah i hope i can make it to a boca juniors or river plate game, or if the argentinian team is playing that'd be unreal.

The National Team probably isn't going to be playing when you visit, they have to compete in the Copa America this upcoming July, you might get lucky and catch a friendly match though. There is club soccer during the months you're visiting though so you'll probably be able to catch a game while you're there. If River Plate isn't relegated to second division this season then I suggest you catch one of their home games due to the fact that they play in a much nicer area than Boca Juniors, the atmosphere at these games are unreal but it can get pretty dangerous if you don't watch your back.

i plan to hit BA next year. how they treat the dark skinned hispanics over there?

i plan to hit BA next year. how they treat the dark skinned hispanics over there?

• prepare for eating late ... dinner at about 11ish
  • you'll eat a lot of beef and drink a lot of malbec. food is A+
  • nightlife is pretty wild ... if you are into having a long night out
  • if you are hanging out around the touristy places (Puerto Madero, Avenida Florida etc) you will find many people who speak English. Outside of that, hopefully your Spanish is enough to get you by.
  • its a great city!!  

• if you are hanging out around the touristy places (Puerto Madero, Avenida Florida etc) you will find many people who speak English. Outside of that, hopefully your Spanish is enough to get you by.
  • its a great city!!  

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Never understood why dinner is around 6 or 7 over here. Son, thats lunch hour 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

indifferent.gif
word. my mom's parents are from spain and i grew up eating late lunches and late dinners. i can't do meals at traditional american hours, it's so lame.
niidawg3 wrote:
  • its a great city!!  

awesome thanks. yeah i love a good steak and my dad went thru a malbec phase a while back so ive gone thru plenty of bottles of it, its very good!
trey ohh five wrote:
JOE CAMEL SMOOTH wrote:
oh yeah i hope i can make it to a boca juniors or river plate game, or if the argentinian team is playing that'd be unreal.

The National Team probably isn't going to be playing when you visit, they have to compete in the Copa America this upcoming July, you might get lucky and catch a friendly match though. There is club soccer during the months you're visiting though so you'll probably be able to catch a game while you're there. If River Plate isn't relegated to second division this season then I suggest you catch one of their home games due to the fact that they play in a much nicer area than Boca Juniors, the atmosphere at these games are unreal but it can get pretty dangerous if you don't watch your back.

yeah i hope even a friendly would be awesome. is a boca juniors game a bad call? like am i gonna get stabbed? 

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

indifferent.gif
word. my mom's parents are from spain and i grew up eating late lunches and late dinners. i can't do meals at traditional american hours, it's so lame.
niidawg3 wrote:
  • its a great city!!  

awesome thanks. yeah i love a good steak and my dad went thru a malbec phase a while back so ive gone thru plenty of bottles of it, its very good!
trey ohh five wrote:
JOE CAMEL SMOOTH wrote:

yeah i hope even a friendly would be awesome. is a boca juniors game a bad call? like am i gonna get stabbed? 

trey ohh five wrote:
In terms of blending in with the crowd, you're white and 80% of Argentina's population is of European descent so you're good to go, 

I cosign this. The people look like spanish speaking white folk. I was trippin. Not as bad as when i went to mexico and saw spanish speaking african folk.

trey ohh five wrote:
In terms of blending in with the crowd, you're white and 80% of Argentina's population is of European descent so you're good to go, 

I cosign this. The people look like spanish speaking white folk. I was trippin. Not as bad as when i went to mexico and saw spanish speaking african folk.

Back
Top Bottom