Perhaps one of the greatest moments in SuperBowl History! Vol. How the hell you still lose?

JPZx wrote:
You deserve these:
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
c5236ec9179380ab5d51e36048f0bc3608050fa8.gif
646164188d5be44cb13ba2b25c280990f3c6c93c.gif

How is that "one of the greatest moments in football, period"?

Hell, it wouldn't even be included in the Top 50 Super Bowl plays of all-time
eyes.gif

You keep saying, "Well, it's because it was the Super Bowl" but did that play determine whether the Bears won or lost the game? No.

For example, in Super Bowl XLIII, if James Harrison hadn't intercepted Warner's pass and brought it back all the way to the house as the clock expired in the first half, the Steelers wouldn't have won the game and the Cardinals would have been the ones' hoisting the trophy when it was all said and done.

Tell me what type of significance that Hester return played into the outcome of the game?

If it didn't play into the outcome of the game, then it's just a regular touchdown return.

Your opinion is no longer valid son.

If I'm not mistaked an kickoff retrun is 6 points right...

How is that not affecting the outcome of the game?
laugh.gif

Just because the Bears did not win that takes away from the play?

That Harrision INT was great whether they won the game or not.

Just Shut up
indifferent.gif

Like someone has already stated never before had and opening kickoff been returned for a TD in Superbowl histroy
and a rookie came in and set that record in his hometown.

A child please is what you get.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

XLIII had so many amazing, memorable plays, what a freakin' game.

Word.
pimp.gif

How is Hester's return better than any other TD scored by either team in that game?

Is it because that was the only time a TD has ever happened on the first play? Cool.
I'm sure the Bears were all jacked up about that useless stat when they got their +#@* handed to them by the Colts
indifferent.gif

JPZx wrote:
How is Hester's return better than any other TD scored by either team in that game?

Is it because that was the only time a TD has ever happened on the first play? Cool.
I'm sure the Bears were all jacked up about that useless stat when they got their +#@* handed to them by the Colts
indifferent.gif

Son if you got a problem with the Bears then make your own thread, I could care less.
It was the moment that made this return so special.
I'm done, finito.

If you don't have anything to contribute besides an foolish opposition then why even enter the thread?

If I'm not mistaked an kickoff retrun is 6 points right...

How is that not affecting the outcome of the game?
laugh.gif

Just because the Bears did not win that takes away from the play?

That Harrision INT was great whether they won the game or not.

Just Shut up
indifferent.gif

The Steelers won 27-23...

If Harrison just knocks down that ball at the end of the first half, not bringing it back for a TD, the CARDINALS would have won 23-21.

The difference is...

If Hester doesn't score that TD right out of the gate it would have been either 29-10 Colts or depending on what the Bears did with that drive, possibly29-13 or 29-17. EITHER way the Bears would have lost.

It didn't directly decide the winner of the Super Bowl like Harrison's INT return for a TD did. That'swhat I'm trying to say
eyes.gif

Other than that meaningless stat about it being the first time (there's a first time for everything champ), that return wasn't anything to rave aboutother than that it was exciting at the time.

And no, I am not a Chicago Bear hater. Countless people in this thread are already in agreement with me in thinking you're uneducated about the past
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

roll.gif
obviously op is 12 years old and prob that was his first super bowl game. dont mind him lets all move along.
Prime example.

OP, take the L and move on
laugh.gif

why am i in this boo boo thread? the dolphins just beat the jets yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally Posted by arrjae2

� ��
i was going for the rams and for the cards so i was excited,
but i had the same reaction when holmes got the TD,
30xitxe.gif

tired.gif
I swear if Cards had won that game, that might make my top 5 moments. Fitz splitting down the cover 2 like that.... I was
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
for like 5 minutes straight.

Originally Posted by Troponin C

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by THE FAME

JPZx wrote:

dland24 wrote:

So you just suck your teeth and leave?
If you know so much post your fav moment....

And I got to be 13 because beacuse I happen to like an event in recent time.
laugh.gif

First of all, I never claimed to "know so much." But your logic is so ******ed here its ridiculous. Your original post clearly states one of THE GREATEST MOMENTS in Superbowl history, and now you are asking for my favorite? What does my favorite SB moment have to do with the FACT that Devin Hester's kickoff return isnt even in the top 50 greatest moments in SB history? And then you justify your position by saying that you "happen to like an event in recent time." Just because you like something, doesnt mean it belongs in the category of greatest moments in Superbowl history.
eek.gif
This was the ONLY TIME A SUPERBOWL'S 1ST PLAY RESULTED IN A TD.
laugh.gif

Hester did something very very special.
U are delusional if you think that this doesn't belong in the top 50 superbowl plays in NFL history.
I think you've forgotten that there have only been 44 superbowls so far.
wink.gif

Co-sign.

Man you just had to bring this one back up...all i remember was the whole house going bonkers!!!! Then my silly +%+ calls my guy from work asking when I'mgonna get my $300 only for my team to choke. This was a painful one.

Originally Posted by JPZx

You deserve these:
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
c5236ec9179380ab5d51e36048f0bc3608050fa8.gif
646164188d5be44cb13ba2b25c280990f3c6c93c.gif

How is that "one of the greatest moments in football, period"?

Hell, it wouldn't even be included in the Top 50 Super Bowl plays of all-time
eyes.gif

You keep saying, "Well, it's because it was the Super Bowl" but did that play determine whether the Bears won or lost the game? No.

For example, in Super Bowl XLIII, if James Harrison hadn't intercepted Warner's pass and brought it back all the way to the house as the clock expired in the first half, the Steelers wouldn't have won the game and the Cardinals would have been the ones' hoisting the trophy when it was all said and done.

Tell me what type of significance that Hester return played into the outcome of the game?

If it didn't play into the outcome of the game, then it's just a regular touchdown return.
Look I don't believe it's Top 5 either but you're logic is horrible.

The return didn't affect the outcome of who won, but it did affect the outcome of how the rest of the game was played. Did Indy kick it to him again afterthat? Nope. They squibbed the rest of the game and the Bears had great field position the rest of the way, and had Rex Grossman not f'd it up that gamewould've been a heck of a lot closer, and Lovie Smith not turning the defense loose and making them play zone the entire game hurt them also. Thosefactors would've also changed the final score. To predict the score based on taking away points from a play or two is just downright stupid.

23-21 Cards? Really? If Aaron Francisco hadn't slipped to blow coverage on Santonio would the Steelers make it that far down the field to even get inposition to make that last TD? If Harrison had been ruled down at the half yard line like he should have been would the Cards kept chucking the ball in the2nd half instead of playing conservative as they did until the interception?

Like I said, I'll agree and say Hester's return is not Top 5 but your reasoning is heavily flawed.

Back
Top Bottom