Phil Jackson is a DOUCHE

Thursday, October 27, 2011
Phil Jackson says Lakers weren't clutch

ESPNLosAngeles.com

It has been more than four months since the Los Angeles Lakers were unceremoniously swept out of the NBA playoffs. So much has changed in Los Angeles and the NBA.Phil Jackson retired and the Lakers hired Mike Brown as their new head coach. The NBA players have been locked out by the owners for 119 days. What's a coach with 11 championships think about?At least some of the time, he thinks about how the Lakers' season ended."There is nothing that could have gone worse for a basketball team than the way we finished our season last year," Jackson said when he joined "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 in Chicago. "Struggling with New Orleans ... and going into the next round [against Dallas] we needed everyone to start playing well and we just couldn't find that little magical thing that you always hope you have as a coach, the chemistry that makes a team work well."Dallas swept the Lakers in the Western Conference semifinals, and Jackson saw some of it coming."To lose an 18-point lead in the first game [against the Mavericks], not being able to outscore your opponent on your home court in the fourth quarter," he said, "to give them life in the very first game of the Dallas series was foreboding what was going to happen to us."We didn't have the ability to play in the clutch like we had in the previous years."As far as life after coaching, Jackson summed it up this way: "It's great to be retired, especially if you've got nothing to do if you're a basketball coach, anyway."

You know, I'm really starting to hate Phil Jax....I mean does he always throw his players under the bus every time he retires???    Hey Phil this just in YOU WERE THE COACH IT'S YOUR JOB TO GET YOUR TEAM READY TO PLAY.  Watch like 3 yrs from now he comes back to the Lakers talkinbout "Oh I love Pau he is the best we've alway been good"  Go back to Montana you herb

Phil knows his team better than anybody else, period. 

He's right in everything he says, he says we weren't clutch, and we choked away leads, seems pretty spot on to me, not sure why you're mad at the dude. 

He is basically saying he had a good team but they didn't have the chemistry to complement it in the playoffs. All that falls on him and he knows it. He was a crappy coach the last 3 seasons. Stoked to have Mike Brown, he hongry.

Phil seems like he would be a jerk, but I agree 100% with what he said in that article.
*cue the Phil, "sit the f down" gif*

Cuz he always talks down on his players after he leaves the team, and its a coach's job to get the team ready to play. If Joe Blow coach had a playoffs like that with the talent Phil had he would be out of a job

He sh!tted on Jerry West, Shaq, and Kobe twice. The only reason he even played the last cpl season is because he was smashing the owners daughter.  And that is why I say he is a douche like the title suggests.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Cuz he always talks down on his players after he leaves the team, and its a coach's job to get the team ready to play. If Joe Blow coach had a playoffs like that with the talent Phil had he would be out of a job

he talked about the team as a whole, including himself......when did he say it wasent his job to get them ready to play? .......Ur reaching fam

Originally Posted by illwill24

STOP

JUST STOP

indifferent.gif

There is no under-bus throwing present here. No specific names were given. He used "we". He talked about the whole team with no indication that he was absolving himself. Everything he said was correct.

Not seeing what you're saying.
If he said something like "we didn't execute well" (which is something plenty of coaches say all the time), would that be throwing his players under a bus? What he said was barely any different from that.

His mellow approach was a blessing and a curse at times. It worked with the Bulls because MJ and Pip were so competitive that they kinda brought everyone else up a notch and practices were always intense anyways. As Bynum and others have noted, practices were not focused and intense enough throughout the year last year, which you'd expect from a team that just won back to back titles and was getting complacent. Since Kobe was getting treatment on his knee and not there to make sure everybody practiced at full tilt their play suffered. Phil always seems content to let his guys play their way through issues and that often worked because he had such veteran-laden and talented teams. And it even seemed to have worked when they went on the post ASG winning streak. But when they fell back on old habits and started loafing it and needed a kick in the %+@, Phil wass not the right guy to do that.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

He was a crappy coach the last 3 seasons.

indifferent.gif
 we won 2 of those 3 season with a "crappy coach." If that's crappy give me crappy everythang. Crappy cheeseburgers, crappy cars, crappy vajayjays.

i'm actually cool with what he was saying because i was saying pretty much the same thing after we lost haha

I don't view that as trashing his team, though... I just see him as telling the truth. Everything he said was right.
nerd.gif

Uhm. Everything he said, he was right. It's been repeated several times by not just Phil but by Kobe, Fish, Pau and etc. We blew a lead and we couldn't come up in clutch situations, hence the fact we were swept. Regardless, Phil is still the greatest coach ever. Get over yourself OP.

Back
Top Bottom