Phil Jackson predicts Miami Heat wins 70

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Get their +$%!! out of your mouth lame 
smile.gif

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]http://[/td][/tr][/table]

I love all the pressure the Heat are getting. Celtics will coast to the season's finish line with no pressure. Magic, same thing.

I love all the pressure the Heat are getting. Celtics will coast to the season's finish line with no pressure. Magic, same thing.

Phil said they have the talent to do it, and I think its true. They just don't have the chemistry and guidance.

Phil said they have the talent to do it, and I think its true. They just don't have the chemistry and guidance.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

"It's not going to happen [for us]," Jackson said. "The schedule's too tough. The travel is extenuating in the Western Conference, there's very difficult time zone changes that you go through and all the stuff that happens. And that's disregarding the idea that you can play with all your players for the rest of the season.

"Everything has to just break perfect for that to happen, plus the team has to be very, very resilient and very, very capable of filling in for one another at multiple positions."

"We have a team that's an older team and we probably don't have to push for [72-10]," Jackson said. "That's not what's important about our season. Our season is to maintain a balance and hopefully have distance [between us and the rest of the field] and can finish in a position where it would be the best advantage for us in the playoffs.

"It's a lot of fun to win a lot of games, but ultimately, as Ronny Harper made a T-shirt up, '72-10 don't mean a thing if you don't win the ring.' And so, that's what it's all about."

Jackson does believe that Miami is talented enough to accomplish the feat.

"They're talented enough to do that," he continued. "They may not be deep enough quite yet or have all their persons in place and teamwork just down, but if they stay together, they have a good chance. They have a very talented team."

Source: Espn

first of all, the first bolded comments are in response to you saying that us Laker fans did not know what Phil's plans were for this season. You thought we were going to aim for 72 wins
laugh.gif
so stop with that stuff now

second of all, he said the Heat have a good chance. show me where phil outright says the Heat are going to do it. Saying they have a good chance is not the same as saying "They are going to win or pass 72"

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

"It's not going to happen [for us]," Jackson said. "The schedule's too tough. The travel is extenuating in the Western Conference, there's very difficult time zone changes that you go through and all the stuff that happens. And that's disregarding the idea that you can play with all your players for the rest of the season.

"Everything has to just break perfect for that to happen, plus the team has to be very, very resilient and very, very capable of filling in for one another at multiple positions."

"We have a team that's an older team and we probably don't have to push for [72-10]," Jackson said. "That's not what's important about our season. Our season is to maintain a balance and hopefully have distance [between us and the rest of the field] and can finish in a position where it would be the best advantage for us in the playoffs.

"It's a lot of fun to win a lot of games, but ultimately, as Ronny Harper made a T-shirt up, '72-10 don't mean a thing if you don't win the ring.' And so, that's what it's all about."

Jackson does believe that Miami is talented enough to accomplish the feat.

"They're talented enough to do that," he continued. "They may not be deep enough quite yet or have all their persons in place and teamwork just down, but if they stay together, they have a good chance. They have a very talented team."

Source: Espn

first of all, the first bolded comments are in response to you saying that us Laker fans did not know what Phil's plans were for this season. You thought we were going to aim for 72 wins
laugh.gif
so stop with that stuff now

second of all, he said the Heat have a good chance. show me where phil outright says the Heat are going to do it. Saying they have a good chance is not the same as saying "They are going to win or pass 72"

Yeah it's like everybody decided to make the Heat feel like failures once they lose their 11th game
laugh.gif

Putting all this wild pressure on them. All of the reports about them getting the most media coverage. I mean how that sound. The coach with the most rings says you should win 70 games and your star player talking about he's tired and can't play 40 min per game.

Yeah it's like everybody decided to make the Heat feel like failures once they lose their 11th game
laugh.gif

Putting all this wild pressure on them. All of the reports about them getting the most media coverage. I mean how that sound. The coach with the most rings says you should win 70 games and your star player talking about he's tired and can't play 40 min per game.

welcome2jungle wrote:
Miami Heat is becomin the laughin stock of the nba and Phil Jackson just adding to the fire
But
Mike Miller playin against Lakers on Dec. 25
Miami still could win 70 still

Phil is being sarcastic bro...dude knows damn well the heat aint winnin no damn 70 games and he prob feels like if anything his team will so he plays reverse psych...he is old school like that
wink.gif

as far as m.miller...dude will prob not play much on xmas n i believe he hurt his shooting hand which is one of the most underrated injuries. dude's shooting form/touch will not be back to normal until at least after all star break...real talk

People are not putting into proper perspective that most teams are playing their absolute best against the heat mainly because they feel like all that 'decision' crap was OD'd and Bron talkin bout "we gone win not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7" nonsense. #slapintheface
eyes.gif

welcome2jungle wrote:
Miami Heat is becomin the laughin stock of the nba and Phil Jackson just adding to the fire
But
Mike Miller playin against Lakers on Dec. 25
Miami still could win 70 still

Phil is being sarcastic bro...dude knows damn well the heat aint winnin no damn 70 games and he prob feels like if anything his team will so he plays reverse psych...he is old school like that
wink.gif

as far as m.miller...dude will prob not play much on xmas n i believe he hurt his shooting hand which is one of the most underrated injuries. dude's shooting form/touch will not be back to normal until at least after all star break...real talk

People are not putting into proper perspective that most teams are playing their absolute best against the heat mainly because they feel like all that 'decision' crap was OD'd and Bron talkin bout "we gone win not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7" nonsense. #slapintheface
eyes.gif

Rudemiester wrote:
YEEUPP wrote:
So they're suppose to go 65-6 to finish this season?

Maybe next season with a better bench, and Phil coaching them.

I was just coming home from work to say that the Heat should run Phils triangle..
I dont know if Riley would ever hire him instead of just taking the reins himself though.

I said this same thing the other day and it's the only way they can make this work with a lack of bench and center.

the triangle  is hella complex and way too late to try to integrate now. Lol, i read an article where MJ said he never truly understood the triangle completely after all those years because it was so intricate.

lol, as far as Phil goes though...that dude is done after this season man. he not coming back...way OD'd

Rudemiester wrote:
YEEUPP wrote:
So they're suppose to go 65-6 to finish this season?

Maybe next season with a better bench, and Phil coaching them.

I was just coming home from work to say that the Heat should run Phils triangle..
I dont know if Riley would ever hire him instead of just taking the reins himself though.

I said this same thing the other day and it's the only way they can make this work with a lack of bench and center.

the triangle  is hella complex and way too late to try to integrate now. Lol, i read an article where MJ said he never truly understood the triangle completely after all those years because it was so intricate.

lol, as far as Phil goes though...that dude is done after this season man. he not coming back...way OD'd

Back
Top Bottom