Phil Jackson to Retire After 09/10 Season.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I'm sure I remember hearing that Phil has always wanted to coach the Knicks. Maybe dude is angling to get that spot.
laugh.gif

Unless D'Antoni completely loses the team next year (which I don't see happening), then Phil won't get that position.
I say axe D'Antoni if Phil is available and is willing to coach the Knicks. I always see D'Antoni as an interim coach and his brand ofbasketball frankly isn't going to win 'chips. The sooner this happens the better.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

First and foremost, the list of candidates to replace Jackson could be lengthy. Top names could include current Lakers assistant coaches Kurt Rambis and Brian Shaw, former Lakers standout and current New Orleans Hornets coach Byron Scott and Duke and U.S. Olympic coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Why the hell do people think Byrion Scott is a good coach?!?!?!?!?! He's just been fortunate to have the two best point guards at the time to run his team.He is one of the worst coaches in the league. I think a good fit for the Lakers would be Jeff Van Gundy cuz as long as Kobe, Pau, and Bynum are on the teamthey will be an efficient offensive team and Van Gundy will bring in the defense but Phil isn't gone yet and I hope he doesn't leave for a while cuzhe's the first reason why I root for the Lakers.

First and foremost, the list of candidates to replace Jackson could be lengthy. Top names could include current Lakers assistant coaches Kurt Rambis and Brian Shaw, former Lakers standout and current New Orleans Hornets coach Byron Scott and Duke and U.S. Olympic coach Mike Krzyzewski.

pimp.gif

U.S. Olympic coach Mike Krzyzewski
They asked him the first time Phil left the Lakers in 2004, but he thanked them and declined. They went with Rudy. T after that. Phil Jackson is agreat coach but his refusal to call timeouts when opposing teams are on scoring-run's, and sometimes questionable rotations (mostly before arrived) irks mealot. I wonder what a coach like Byron Scott could do with this team.

this is such a non-story. He said his contract is up in 2 years and he takes it one year at a time and it turns into "Phil Jackson is Going toRetire!"

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

pssh.. he dint say he was going to retire in the interview...

ya know? he said one year at a time and he's committed one more year.

pimp.gif
I know this will happen the hornets is just a filler job until phil retires.... And dare I say he brings CP3 with him and fish retires with phil
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by juschiang

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I'm sure I remember hearing that Phil has always wanted to coach the Knicks. Maybe dude is angling to get that spot.
laugh.gif

Unless D'Antoni completely loses the team next year (which I don't see happening), then Phil won't get that position.
I say axe D'Antoni if Phil is available and is willing to coach the Knicks. I always see D'Antoni as an interim coach and his brand of basketball frankly isn't going to win 'chips. The sooner this happens the better.

Do you 2 not no who Phils wife is? He's not leaving LA to go to NY keep dreaming
laugh.gif

^
Yes to B Scott as coach, no to CP3 coming with him.

I'm sorry KLJ, we're just not gonna get along today, I don't know what my problem is.
laugh.gif

it's because he already knows he's going to win this year and next year. he doesnt want to be Red out of respect.thats the Zen mans way.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

lies... he wants to coach the heat...

I thought he wanted the Knicks job but the fact is he is giving himself this year or next to get that 10th coaching ring and pass Red...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom