*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Vegas has Eagles at 9.5 wins so they expect either a 9-7 finish or 10-6 finish. I see us at 10-11 wins. I feel Wentz is gonna be more comfortable on the field than last season when he was favoring his knee. I think Howard will help the run game and if we draft a speed/pass catching back we’re way ahead of last years rushing attack. Add in D Jax and a few tweaks on defense and a healthy McLeod. Don’t see us only being 2 games above .500

17DAC20F-3257-4E10-83CB-2A8818057F7E.jpeg

Last edited:
^are they going back to the old jerseys with the flywire? I hope not, but in that pic it looks like Jordan’s jersey doesn’t have the triangle are on the back

To be fair, majority of the bad-mediocre RB were selected in mid to late rounds. McCoy was a beast, Westbrook is a legend, and Duce was solid.

Q: What did you make of the Jordan Howard trade for the Eagles?

SCHEFTER: Listen, first of all, I don’t think that the Eagles are done at the running back position. I still think that they’ll add another back or two. And I think this was part of the puzzle. I think the Eagles are excellent at playing guys when they’re supposed to play in spots they’re supposed to play. If that means that Jordan Howard’s playing on — I’m making this up — first and seconds down, or the red zone, or wherever it may be, then so be it. I think the Bears felt like he left some yards on the field, missed some cuts. But his results and production are what they are, which is very impressive, I think. And he’s been a good back. And, you know, Philly’s smart. Listen. You trade a conditional sixth-round pick that can go up for a guy that has one year left at his contract at $2 million. And if he leaves after this year, then you recoup a compensatory draft pick anyway. So they basically leased Jordan Howard for a year with the idea that they can re-sign him if they want. But you lease him for a year and all it does as it cost you a draft pick ahead of the draft where you’ll get that pick back the next year if you don’t re-sign the guy. It’s a very low-risk proposition for a team that was looking to add running backs. And I think that they did have some interest in Tevin Coleman before he went to the 49ers. And I do think that that’s what the Eagles do. They investigate things and check out things and see if certain things are possible. And so they wound up on Jordan Howard. I don’t think he’ll be the last back they add between now and training camp. And we’ll see what else they decide to do there.

Q: Do you see Duke Johnson as a possibility for the Eagles?

SCHEFTER: Yeah, I mean, listen. They’ve had discussions with the Browns about him. Nothing has gotten close. Listen, they had discussions with the Bears for quite some time before they got the deal done [for Howard]. Now, why all of a sudden does it get done shortly after the NFL owners meetings? I think the Bears just decided to say, ‘you know what, we’re not going to get back anything more than a conditional sixth, let’s just go ahead and make this happen.’ I don’t know what the Eagles have offered the Browns for Duke Johnson but maybe at some point in time either the Browns come to the realization like ‘hey, this is a pretty good offer from the Eagles.’ Or the Eagles say, ‘we’ve offered a mid-round pick and we’ll go up a round.’ Or ‘we offered this player and we’ll go to that player.’ Whatever it may be that sweetens the pot. And, again, I think when you’re talking about trades like that, using a deadline, really, [it’s] the [NFL] Draft, at some point. What round was he initially picked in, was he a third? […] So, maybe they want to get back — I’m making this up — a fourth-round pick. Maybe the Eagles can manipulate the draft board enough that they manufacture an extra pick and say ‘okay, for a fourth, here’s that pick for Duke Johnson.” Or whatever it is that they can get back for the guy. Maybe that’s too rich. Maybe a four can get it done. So, I just think we haven’t heard the last of Eagles and running backs. Duke Johnson, or whatever it might be. Let’s just say that they could get Duke Johnson. Now you have Jordan Howard to run, Duke Johnson to catch, you have the backs that you bring back from last year, [Wendell] Smallwood, or [Corey] Clement, or maybe Darren Sproles will be back. So, to me, they’d be set there if they could get something for Duke Johnson done.

Team signed a former AAF QB to compete in training camp. Very odd move but whatever. Still hoping Browns get desperate with Duke requesting a trade and give him to us for a 4th

CBS Sports mocked a trade in which we get Darron Lee and #68 for our #57. I know and watched Lee in Columbus as a Buckeye, but he's never played in a 4-3 defense in the NFL. 11 slots that high in the draft is a pretty steep price but ideally, he fills the MIKE position and we hold a fifth-year option on his rookie deal.

my draft wish list in order (including trade up guys if they fall):
1) oliver
2a) jawaan taylor
2b) jonah williams
4) cody ford
5) wilkins

then it's stuff like safeties who could drop to the 2nd, RBs who could drop and if polite could drop to us in the 2nd

Back
Top Bottom