*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

I put that loss squarely on whoever is calling the plays on offense. I understand our WRs are replacement level, but you can't throw 30 passes 10 yards or less in the air. Just can't do it. Calling plays like we have Alex Smith under center. Once we had the lead we played to not lose rather than putting the game away.

There's a million things we could've done differently, but why the **** did we punt on our last possession? Sturgis just made a 55 yarder a couple of quarters earlier. A FG there essentially puts the game away. If you have enough trust in the D to punt and hold for 80yds, then why wouldn't you have the trust in them to hold for 50yds? They still had to score a TD.

I put that loss squarely on whoever is calling the plays on offense.
so dougie
but you can't throw 30 passes 10 yards or less in the air. Just can't do it. Calling plays like we have Alex Smith under center. Once we had the lead we played to not lose rather than putting the game away.
and given we were up 10, I don't mind the conservative play calls.. cause some of it was working.. I just didn't get the risk throws that were completely unnecessary

we saw our WRs dropping passes, so why continue going to WR screens that could end very very badly

but if sproles is picking up positive yardage on runs, that is what you go with if you're going low risk.. or the passing game was working over the middle, so you go to that

no clue why they kept trying to go to the edges when they saw that shhhh wasn't working.. cowboys had they corners rightfully so right on the line of scrimmage, that shhh wasn't fooling anyone

Im still confused on why we didn't call that timeout and give sproles a punt return chance end of 4th
I don't get it either.. we had at least 2 timeouts (cant remember if we had 2 or 3)

it was 3rd down with 33 seconds left.. you give sproles a chance at a return.. but realistically they probably just kick it out of bounds, which means we should have had decent enough field position

Sturgis made a 55 yarder before half and that had pretty solid distance.. you give it a go on 1st and 2nd down to see if you could do something.. maybe get a chance at a field goal

well Curtis could before screwing his knee.. reggie brown was just limited

2pm and still no moves, or at least, buzz
mean.gif
I'm ready to pull up
at the very least I want them to pawn agholor off on someone

If we dont get a wr. Ima be hot. But if not can we at least bring up treggs. Wld we have to make agholor inactive?

At least DGB got a nice bit of looks last night. Of course, he had some drops though :lol:. That OPI on him was laughable.

Last edited:
Josh Paunil@JoshPaunil 2h2 hours ago

Per @PFF: The Eagles' defense was tied for third in the NFL this week with 12 missed tackles. Rodney McLeod had four, which led all safeties

Josh Paunil@JoshPaunil 2h2 hours ago

Per @PFF: The Eagles' 14% drop rate against Dallas was the highest mark in the NFL this week. Wentz ranks 4th in passes dropped this season.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 4h4 hours ago

#Eagles LG Allen Barbre (left hamstring strain) week-to-week, according to head coach Doug Pederson.

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl 16h16 hours ago

Adam Caplan Retweeted Mike Kaye

Coaches don't trust WRs to get off press or separate. Has been issue all season and will not change until they get 2 new outside WRs.https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/792941590625062912  …

Adam Caplan added,

Mike Kaye @mike_e_kaye

Eagles seem to either not trust Wentz to throw past 15 yds or they don't believe their WRs can make plays from that distance. Both wrong.

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl 7h7 hours ago
Adam Caplan Retweeted V J's World

Occasionally he does, yes, and has big frame, but he also has issues with concentration, drops. WR group a mess for Eagles. Not a secret.https://twitter.com/cvjenterprises/status/793051952384999424  …

Adam Caplan added,

V J's World @cvjenterprises

@caplannfl @mike_e_kaye DGB was getting off press and separated, he doesn't get enough looks esp in Red Zone...6'6 @235 #HEADSCRATCHER

Joe Giglio@JoeGiglioSports 4h4 hours ago
Nelson Agholor is the only WR in the NFL to start at least 18 games since the start of 2015 and have less than 500 yards and 5 TD.

Back
Top Bottom