*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

NOPE 

so hopefully maybe this dude can be a bit better. gotta give him a chance at least 

Kyle@IgglesNest Nov 1

Wentz w/ Johnson (4 wks): 67.4%, 7.4 YPA, 7 TDs, 1 INT, 103.5 QB rating Wentz w/ Vaitai (3 wks): 63.4%, 5.5 YPA, 2 TD, 2 INT, 76.3 QB rating

Kyle@IgglesNest Nov 1

Vaitai can be an impressive run blocker but in pass protection, you can't trust him to protect for any long developing plays. #Eagles

Kyle@IgglesNest Nov 1

I think Vaitai has a poor punch and tends to try and "catch" DEs and expose his chest. He's p. unbalanced & tends to stop his feet.

Kyle@IgglesNest Nov 1

Even when he gets his hands on a guy, he'll stop his feet and give up pressure on a DE's second move.

Kyle@IgglesNest Nov 1

Which is a HUGE drop off from Lane Johnson who was playing like one of the best OTs in football before his suspension.

Kyle@IgglesNest Nov 1

The problem w/ having an avg. group of WRs is being compounded by the fact the OL can't protect long enough for them to get open.

indifferent.gif

sick.gif

Hopefully Treggs come out & do something . I'm not gonna over think it like most of the fans .
season is already a success because wentz has demonstrated he has the tools.. now it's just getting stuff around him

which is why I was more than comfortable moving certain guys.. because I figured it would take at least 2 offseasons (more likely 3) to get where we wanted to go.. a lot of that was based on me assuming wentz would sit for 2/3rds the year

a really good offseason and draft could put us in that position for next year, after seeing the pieces we currently have.. and the addressable problems we have

lane being our primary glitch to that equation

Last edited:
Huff will be missed on special teams. Other than that, his production did not match that of a 3rd rounder.

Huff will be missed on special teams. Other than that, his production did not match that of a 3rd rounder.
none of our receivers production match their draft position.. MAYBE jmatt

agholor, 20th overall

ertz and jmatt, 2nd round (ertz very top of 2nd, 35th overall.. jmatt 42nd)

DGB, 2nd round

formerly huff, 3rd round

not counting celek and trey.. cause least celek is old and a good blocker and was a 5th rounder and trey was UDFA

honestly depending on how free agency and the draft goes, we really should look at moving 1 of jmatt or ertz.. dudes do the exact same things

Last edited:
DGB maturing :pimp:

We gotta hope and pray..

Then 1 of:

1) sign Pryor.. younger and faster than alshon and less wear

2) Trade a 5th or multiple later picks to jets for Brandon Marshall (has only next year left on his deal)

3) look at alshon, but don't break the bank

Draft rookie high.. hope treggs can be a deep threat.. or go sign one.. or get a special teams returner/speed guy in the 4th or later in draft

And keep jmatt, DGB and possibly treggs depending on what he shows.. he's at least a camp body

Last edited:
Can you imagine how even more trash our wrs would be if we didmt trade for DGB
at the cost of dennis Kelly, well worth the risk..

but he has had his fair share of untimely drops too.. even sproles who has been huge for us at points (specifically steelers and cowboys games), has had untimely drops

Vernon Hargreaves so damn horrible , I know he is a rookie but jeez he's getting killed out there . I was rooting for us to draft him .

Back
Top Bottom