*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

I respect sheil and he's one of the dudes I read the most, but comp'ing jefferson to agholor is just lazy. then he proceeds to list all the things that jefferson can do that agholor can't, like track the ball and CATCH the ball. They are nothing alike besides that they played slot in college. You're better than that sheil, but I do agree that he shouldn't be the guy at 21 given our current roster construction and redundancy of players.

Also, random thought but with the recent unveiling of uni's for bucs and falcons I feel like we are due for a modern take on our kelly greens.....

Agholor was nice at USC, but a ton of scouts had dude as a slot guy.. and as we eventually learned, he was a slot guy

he reminds me a ton of a combo of jmatt and agholor coming out.. and obviously you can see how a guy like that would do work in the league as a slot guy

but I think that’s his best position clearly, in the slot.. I think he can play at other spots, but most of his snaps should could from the slot

Also check agholor at USC

yea but you can't compare him to nelson when you now know what nelson is, also the fact that he is saying he can do all the things that nelson cant, where is the comp? If he said USC Agholor then that would make a little more sense. If his agenda was to sway people away from Jefferson then that's a good slant to take, no pun intended

I mean we, the eagles, kinda played a role into turning agholor into what he became

a ton of scouts had dude as a slot guy from the jump.. hell read his draft profile:

Also as dude points out, Jefferson had great QB play plus the best WR in college football on the outside and talent all over the place and good offensive minds

I think dude should go in the 1st and especially in today’s nfl, I think slot guys have 1st round value... just not for us

J Jets is probably the consensus 4th best guy in the draft. He’s a slot receiver in college but he’s also very versatile

Our criticism has been drafting WRs that we think are “sleeper” picks rather than drafting guys that experts are high on across the board.

So what do we do this year? I really like Justin Jefferson and think he’s Uber talented. I’d love him but only if we grab a speedster like Hamler in the second as well

I agree that Jefferson is deserving to be a 1st round pick. I'm just pointing out that it's lazy to comp someone to agholor in that manner.

Agreed that the eagles positional coaching and scheme didn't help nelson much, but we don't have to play his lowlight mixtape to show that he just didn't have the hands and tracking ability.

I literally posted his USC highlights

but I think for dude, clearly he was in his head.. but he did have his moments as did jmatt.. not Justin jefferson has better hands than both, but he was also in a far better college situation than both

and ain’t like he tested out as a better athlete than either by some extreme

I literally posted his USC highlights

but I think for dude, clearly he was in his head.. but he did have his moments as did jmatt.. not Justin jefferson has better hands than both, but he was also in a far better college situation than both

and ain’t like he tested out as a better athlete than either by some extreme
I made a statement based on the context given from that sheil piece. I said comparing Jefferson to Nelson is lazy. Considering the fact that Nelson is a finished product and we know what he is. He also went on to say he does certain things better than agholor, which is a pretty big deal when they include catching and tracking the ball. How is that a reasonable comp? I said they are similar in the sense that they both played slot in college. If you want to say USC Nelson and Jefferson, sure, but that's a completely different player than Philly Nelson.

For me it’s the main 3, then mims then reagor

and then it’s calling up Jacksonville or Charlotte

then it’s queen, chaisson, Fulton or Henderson

I made a statement based on the context given from that sheil piece. I said comparing Jefferson to Nelson is lazy. Considering the fact that Nelson is a finished product and we know what he is. He also went on to say he does certain things better than agholor, which is a pretty big deal when they include catching and tracking the ball. How is that a reasonable comp? I said they are similar in the sense that they both played slot in college. If you want to say USC Nelson and Jefferson, sure, but that's a completely different player than Philly Nelson.

ok..

the thing about Jefferson he had a legit nfl coach last year at LSU.. he saw what was best for jefferson and moved him to the slot

Michael Thomas plays a ton in the slot too.. I’m not knocking it, I just don’t think the value is there for us.. same with golden Tate

granted yes we need WRs, but we need real outside guys before we cover bases we sorta got covered

Not me....

7DD495D9-AB79-4905-937F-96E307FB066C.jpeg

ok..

the thing about Jefferson he had a legit nfl coach last year at LSU.. he saw what was best for jefferson and moved him to the slot

Michael Thomas plays a ton in the slot too.. I’m not knocking it, I just don’t think the value is there for us.. same with golden Tate

granted yes we need WRs, but we need real outside guys before we cover bases we sorta got covered
I'm not even saying jefferson should be the guy for our first round pick, or even defending him, that was never my statement. All I was saying is that comping him to nelson is lazy. How does having good hands and tracking the ball have anything to do with having an nfl coach or the future #1 draft pick throwing you the ball? those are more instinctual than most other traits. And if he does those better than Nelson, which were Nelson's WORST traits, what does that even mean? Sure you can compare and see some similarities but is it not a lazy comparison? Not sure what you are debating with me tbh. Seems like you read my comment some other way. I also stated and agreed to sheil's point of him not being what the team needs at the moment because of the redundancy of the roster

I'm not even saying jefferson should be the guy for our first round pick, or even defending him, that was never my statement. All I was saying is that comping him to nelson is lazy. How does having good hands and tracking the ball have anything to do with having an nfl coach or the future #1 draft pick throwing you the ball? those are more instinctual than most other traits. And if he does those better than Nelson, which were Nelson's WORST traits, what does that even mean? Sure you can compare and see some similarities but is it not a lazy comparison? Not sure what you are debating with me tbh. Seems like you read my comment some other way. I also stated and agreed to sheil's point of him not being what the team needs at the moment because of the redundancy of the roster

but I don’t think it’s that lazy or crazy or insulting of a comparison

From the combine for agholor: 6’, 198lbs, 32 inch arms, 4.42 forty

jefferson for the combine: just under 6’1, 202 lbs, 33 inch arms and 4.43 forty

I don’t really see him like Michael thomas, even though joe brady clearly based jefferson’s role on what saints did/do with Thomas . the best example I can think of is what agholor was supposed to be when he came out of USC and what we saw flashes of

hell I woulda guessed agholor was way faster than dude watching both in college

but I assumed agholor would end up like couple dudes from chip’s days that weren’t properly used that would get traded for cheap and used better elsewhere.. I assumed pats would trade for trey and agholor

but I don’t think it’s that lazy or crazy or insulting of a comparison

From the combine for agholor: 6’, 198lbs, 32 inch arms, 4.42 forty

jefferson for the combine: just under 6’1, 202 lbs, 33 inch arms and 4.43 forty

I don’t really see him like Michael thomas, even though joe brady clearly based jefferson’s role on what saints did/do with Thomas . the best example I can think of is what agholor was supposed to be when he came out of USC and what we saw flashes of

hell I woulda guessed agholor was way faster than dude watching both in college

but I assumed agholor would end up like couple dudes from chip’s days that weren’t properly used that would get traded for cheap and used better elsewhere.. I assumed pats would trade for trey and agholor
It is lazy in the sense that when you bring up Nelson's name people don't think of USC or his 40 time, they think of all the drops and the ex-firefighter catching babies. If you want to compare him to USC nelson then fine. Again, I'm taking what Sheil wrote and how he wrote it.

It is lazy in the sense that when you bring up Nelson's name people don't think of USC or his 40 time, they think of all the drops and the ex-firefighter catching babies. If you want to compare him to USC nelson then fine. Again, I'm taking what Sheil wrote and how he wrote it.

I mean he also said more athletic avant, and hands were avant’s thing

he specifically said agholor with better hands

Back
Top Bottom