Phonte calls 808s And Heartbreak an "act of cowardice"

http://anonym.to/?http://...dx.com/index/news/id.8452

credit to itsbx....i dont steal topics without showin love
laugh.gif

I liked 808s and i still agree with Phonte....people who can actually sing tend to not dig Auto Tune...i see where hes coming from

Cosign on phonte. 808s is ##*.

For the record Tay > Ye (and Drake for that matter)

Rapping and singing

My %+++*$+ Guy Right There!!!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

More artist need to come out and publicly shun this bull +!%# so he can realize the error of his ways.

I would love for Mos, Talib, and Common to come out and say how displeased they were with his direction, he'd probably break down and cry.

I disagree. And this dude Phonte.....he doesn't put himself on some pedostale or anything like that but seriously I want to hear this dude drop amainstream solo album. I want to hera how that ++# would sound because he stays criticizing everyone which is his right I guess.

I'm a fan of 808. I'd agree with Phonte if Kanye was set out to produce a r&b album but he wasn't. This ++# ain't no damn r&b. Its noteven T-Pain. Its on some other ++#. I guess we're labeling it emo? Whatever. It ain't r&b. So to bring up Aretha Franklin is moot because Aretha ISR&B/SOUL at its finest. I understand 808 isn't for everyone. But an act of cowardice? He's talking like Kanye was on some Yung Berg ++# and justhopped on the autotune bandwaggon. I guess we criticize our own for using autotune because we've never used it like this before but how come when Cher andMoby use this same effect to their voice its genius? Yet, when we do it its an act of cowardice? Give credit where its due. Whether you like 808 or not giveprops to dude for atleast attempting to redefine himself as an artist. I know in hip hop we hate change and love to hear the same lyrics and beats album afteralbum but give credit where its due. Dude could've dropped College Dropout 4 times straight if he wanted to and probably still would've gone platinum.

I don't understand what the problem is with 808s....I mean yea its way different then any other kanye album,but he changes his sound on every album.if hewants to sing and use auto tune the so be it....btw,808s wasn't a bad album @ all.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by MRMCFLY718

I don't understand what the problem is with 808s....I mean yea its way different then any other kanye album,but he changes his sound on every album.if he wants to sing and use auto tune the so be it....btw,808s wasn't a bad album @ all.
most of the people who cant take it for what it is are just ignorant rap fans who were, for some reason, still expecting to hear a rap album even tho they'd been told months in advance that it wasnt going to b...

Seriously. Everybody knew the album was on some other %*!. If you didn't know last year you knew when Love Lockdown dropped. But cats still didn't gointo the album level headed. Hell when I heard dude rappin' to Daft Punk I knew than eventually he was gonna stray further and further away from hip hop.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I disagree. And this dude Phonte.....he doesn't put himself on some pedostale or anything like that but seriously I want to hear this dude drop a mainstream solo album. I want to hera how that ++# would sound because he stays criticizing everyone which is his right I guess.

I'm a fan of 808. I'd agree with Phonte if Kanye was set out to produce a r&b album but he wasn't. This ++# ain't no damn r&b. Its not even T-Pain. Its on some other ++#. I guess we're labeling it emo? Whatever. It ain't r&b. So to bring up Aretha Franklin is moot because Aretha IS R&B/SOUL at its finest. I understand 808 isn't for everyone. But an act of cowardice? He's talking like Kanye was on some Yung Berg ++# and just hopped on the autotune bandwaggon. I guess we criticize our own for using autotune because we've never used it like this before but how come when Cher and Moby use this same effect to their voice its genius? Yet, when we do it its an act of cowardice? Give credit where its due. Whether you like 808 or not give props to dude for atleast attempting to redefine himself as an artist. I know in hip hop we hate change and love to hear the same lyrics and beats album after album but give credit where its due. Dude could've dropped College Dropout 4 times straight if he wanted to and probably still would've gone platinum.

Cosign...

I don't see how it's an act of cowardice...if anything I saw it as more courageous to be as a big of a star as he was and put out an album that waspretty much the complete opposite of everything he had done up to that point. Now, I thought it was wack but I don't think you can knock him for doing whatthe *%%* he wanted and still selling more than just about any other rapper.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I don't understand what the problem is with 808s....I mean yea its way different then any other kanye album,but he changes his sound on every album.if he wants to sing and use auto tune the so be it....btw,808s wasn't a bad album @ all.
most of the people who cant take it for what it is are just ignorant rap fans who were, for some reason, still expecting to hear a rap album even tho they'd been told months in advance that it wasnt going to b...

Seriously. Everybody knew the album was on some other %*!. If you didn't know last year you knew when Love Lockdown dropped. But cats still didn't go into the album level headed. Hell when I heard dude rappin' to Daft Punk I knew than eventually he was gonna stray further and further away from hip hop.

Co-sign.

I respect Phonte for speaking his mind but dude needs to chill with all the criticism.

i would agree with phonte if the last foreign exchange album didnt completely blow.

i dont even like 808s that much but it still gets more spins than leave it all behind .. hell.. even the instrumental cd it came with gets more spins than theactual album

%%+ was still wack

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

%%+ was still wack
i mean for the most part it is but theres some good !*#! on there as well...
Agreed. And since when has Kanye NOT been a hot rapper neither? He's proved over and over again that he can do it.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

%%+ was still wack

i mean for the most part it is but theres some good !*#! on there as well...

Yet you said it wasn't a bad album????

I just don't like the way some of you all think...

808s was a great album in my eyes simply because it was so different...if you trying to hear old kanye, go listen to college dropout... an artist is supposedto make new stuff every time they step to the plate... I'm tired of all this whining for real...if the album was so whack why the hell do most of yall like2-4 songs off the damn thing? thats almost a quarter of the album! and not all of yall like the same songs! so that's closer to 50%!

People will look back on that album and see it for what it was. Great. Art. In the same way Illmatic is ART. 808s is ART. Grow the hell up people...

Further more when the hell is Phonte gonna step from behind the scenes and start making music? If he wants to hate, tell him to get on his grind! KanyePRODUCES AND RAPS...Phonte just apparently sits on his @$& and waits for people to listen to his opinion. I'm not taking away from his talent but dudeis acting like a herb right now...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I just don't like the way some of you all think...

808s was a great album in my eyes simply because it was so different...if you trying to hear old kanye, go listen to college dropout... an artist is supposed to make new stuff every time they step to the plate... I'm tired of all this whining for real...if the album was so whack why the hell do most of yall like 2-4 songs off the damn thing? thats almost a quarter of the album! and not all of yall like the same songs! so that's closer to 50%!

People will look back on that album and see it for what it was. Great. Art. In the same way Illmatic is ART. 808s is ART. Grow the hell up people...

Further more when the hell is Phonte gonna step from behind the scenes and start making music? If he wants to hate, tell him to get on his grind! Kanye PRODUCES AND RAPS...Phonte just apparently sits on his @$& and waits for people to listen to his opinion. I'm not taking away from his talent but dude is acting like a herb right now...

laugh.gif
since when does different=great? get outta here with that BS. And youwant to compare it to Illmatic?
roll.gif

I was just listening to 808's this morning on the way to work... and I STILL think it's a GREAT album.

Tigallo! ! ! !
My dude couldn't be more right.

If you wanna sing on a record, go ahead and use your natural abilities.
Why are we even comparing Leave It All Behind vs. 808s?

as much as I love Leave It All Behind... I don't think that album is radio friendly to begin with.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I just dont like the way some of you all think...

808s was a great album in my eyes simply because it was so different...if you trying to hear old kanye, go listen to college dropout... an artist is suppost to make new stuff everytime they step to the plate... I'm tired of all this whining for real...if the album was so whack why the hell do most of yall like 2-4 songs off the damn thing? thats almost a quarter of the album! and not all of yall like the same songs! so thats closer to 50%!

I agree but I think you have to be careful saying albums are great just because "it was so different". Different isn't always good.

Let me resolve the issue here.

If you like the 808 effort, you exceed the the exploitative nature of Belgium making you the lowest of the lowly low. Why not just listen to a genre calledTrip Hop thats been around for a hot minute.

Yes. I said it.

Originally Posted by PoohsFactory

Let me resolve the issue here.

If you like the 808 effort, you exceed the the exploitative nature of Belgium making you the lowest of the lowly low. Why not just listen to a genre called Trip Hop thats been around for a hot minute.

Yes. I said it.

How did that resolve the issue?
laugh.gif
What's the point you're tryingto make?

Back
Top Bottom