Photography contest/assignment #1 (UPDATED 05.22.09: VOTING BEGINS PG. 11 - please VOTE!)

Originally Posted by Ryda421

cool idea too bad I don't even know how to properly operate an SLR
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Ryda421

cool idea too bad I don't even know how to properly operate an SLR
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Don't matter. Grab your point and shoot and get creative.

+1 man! i started out on a P&S, i think it's easier to get creative with P&S's due to their ability to shoot at extreme angles!

"People and City"
I tried to create a set where the patterns of the city's construct parallel or resemble that of the humans living in the city -- how there are continuingpatterns between human behavior and the fixed and absolute aesthetic look of the city. In essence, city resembling man and man resembling city. Enjoy!

7d435006e525c74bdb336bb204d52c8762dcc2c.jpg

c7d2598ed9c42de86a305cb896280b00153057a.jpg

7a23570de45ec81cd98c61b30526ba4538ca2fb.jpg

I was shooting with a P&S for like a year and half before I got my Rebel XT... all you guys out there without DSLR's... just remember...it's not the camera, it's the photographer!

Good idea Yama... hope this works out and catches on.

Great thread. Hope it takes off. ^ that sand shot =
pimp.gif

Don't have three but here is my submission for this assignment. Took this in an Italian restaurant on our way through the kitchen. Thought it lookedcool. Peace

3474670412_63dcd87b20.jpg

Great idea yamakazi. Finals are over next week and I have the weekend off work, so definitely count me in.

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Not sure if I missed it but no post processing right? I say straight raw but it's whatever.
A RAW image is not complete without PP. Compared to a jpeg that has adjustments applied to it in camera (which can also be tweaked without ppbecause you can adjust saturation, contrast etc. - in camera!)

PP can't be considered as cheating as it's a part of the process when shooting digital.

I guess my first entry will be...

i'm not good at naming my photographs, so "Untitled1"
smile.gif

2933062748_e6b378cbd0.jpg

ps. feel free to name it for me.

Bump... I try to avoid computers PERIOD from Friday to Monday... soooooo this is new to me... bumping for others like me that might have missed this threadcreated on Friday. Great idea though, hope it works out and last like the photography thread... will be back to participate.

thanks for setting this up... it was pretty difficult to keep track in the other thread. i didnt even notice there was a third assignment. this should a goodway for all of us to teach and learn collectively.

Originally Posted by 165kicks

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Not sure if I missed it but no post processing right? I say straight raw but it's whatever.
A RAW image is not complete without PP. Compared to a jpeg that has adjustments applied to it in camera (which can also be tweaked without pp because you can adjust saturation, contrast etc. - in camera!)

PP can't be considered as cheating as it's a part of the process when shooting digital.

My bad I meant straight Raw as in no special effects, not as in shooting in raw mode. But it doesn't matter cause it's all for fun.

Back
Top Bottom