photoshop tips thread

Quote:
well it's good you people are learning photoshop and great job to the contributors and the students but damn, we need a photography tutorial post or something. some of the pictures you guys use are horrible. maybe i'm just anal about these things.

I feel u.. but i dont think my HP Photosmart camera is capable of doing things like DJbooduhs or any other good photographer in here. :wow:
embarassed.gif

Sup_

Quote:
but i dont think my HP Photosmart camera is capable of doing things like DJbooduhs or any other good photographer in here

Sure it can.

You just gotta know how to use your camera. Before my Canon s500
I was using a 2.1 Olympus and I was taking dope pics with it.

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."

can sum1 teach me that thing where theres multiply pictures of urself in one? when i try and open two pictures on PS but they arnt "together"
m8h190.jpg
m8h1js.jpg

^ you need to put them into the same image. I tihnk there's a post on it earlier in this.

Basically just drag one picture onto the other one and they'll be in the same image on different layers. Then delete the bit that's covering your clone and you'll see 2 of you in the same image.

Either that or select one image edit>copy, go to the other image and edit>paste. That does the same thing as dragging the layer in.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

Sup_

Thats because when two pics it opens them on two different windows.

Just drag one of the pics into the other window and that will create a new layer.

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."

Does any one have the time to make me a Tag? let me know if you can nothing big just nice n simple.
Thanks

^ easy. Your layers are just in the wrong order - drag the bottom one above the other one and it should work.

Your top layer at the moment doesn't have the mask (top one is always 'on top' of the image) so is blocking what is underneat.

If you'd put the mask on the top one it would have worked.

Easy to fix though - you've done all the tricky work.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

good lookin to fongstar for bringing illustrator into the picture... illustrator is amazing, i can't live without illustrator or photoshop... i might make a couple tutorials if i have time later to contribute, but for now here's something i did in illustrator a while back for a class... i was just basically supposed to redesign a magazine spread, i think i was supposed to lay it out in quark xpress or something but i hate that program..
eminemlayout1small6lt.jpg

Formally known as FLO31

I don't know if anybody said it yet but you can also make a b& W image with color by Quick edit mask, that's how I do it.

1. Get a color pic
2. copy image and paste on a new layer
3. go into quick edit mask mode (black and white camera icon on the right)
4. make sure you have a black fill before doing it and make a selection around what you want to keep in color
5. Delete background
6. go back to original image > select all > Image > adjustments > Desaturate
7. Put color image layer on top of background and you're done.
bid on my UNK 2004 all star I eastern confrence jeans style discontinued very rare

this has been covered before...but i forgot..how do u darken the picture to make it look more professional?

Sup_

If I totally understand you. By darkening it you can lower the LEVELS and adjust the
contrast.

Peace.

eminemlayout1small6lt.jpg

Good @#%$ man. Lovin' the layout and the type treatment is good and well placed. Seems to go well with "Em" and his steez. Great photo as well. Magazine layouts are only sold if the image is good......But one question...how in the hell did you do the layout in illustrator? Didn't you photoshop eminem and the background together or was it compiled already like that?

I swear, I love magazine layouts more then I love general photoshop do-dads. I did the Xpress mag at SF State and it was one of the best experiences ever. Something about harmonizing text with a photo is just awesome. Everytime I go to Barns, Tower, or whatever book store, I'll read mags for like 2 hours from Modern living to Skateboard mags to the Source mag (god knows why I read the Source but it's still in me).

E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: Fongstizzle

Member Since January 26, 2003

Quote:
Good @#%$ man. Lovin' the layout and the type treatment is good and well placed. Seems to go well with "Em" and his steez. Great photo as well. Magazine layouts are only sold if the image is good......But one question...how in the hell did you do the layout in illustrator? Didn't you photoshop eminem and the background together or was it compiled already like that?
thanks for the compliment man... i guess i used photoshop for the layout too... the background and eminem and rolling stone interview text is from photoshop, but the main picture is illustrated to obviously that was done in illustrator, and i just added the text to it in illustrator too, just a lot of spacing and returning to get it all to fit in there so nicely...
Formally known as FLO31

Quote:
But does anybody know how to remove words from a picture?

Best way is the clone stamp - basically color over the words with a similar area. It works well on plain areas but is more difficult over a complicated image - high zoom and a small stamp size works.

The healing brush in CS2 helps too - samples adjacent areas to help blend things - if you use it too much you end up with a kind of blurry looking spot but it's good for quick fixes - spots on a camera lens showing up on a clear sky or something.

^ what?

I use a program called unFreez and basically use stop animation - move the image slightly and save it.

Your images have to be saved as gifs but it works well in a limited way.

You can get it here.

Ok, I have a tag picture, how do I incorparte into another picture?

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-MAIL[/td][td]AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death.
\n​
\n

Back
Top Bottom