photoshop tips thread

Quote:
how do you isolate something? when ever i use the magic wand it selects only a piece of the pictureand not the whole picture. if i use the lasso tool its hard for me to trace on the outline picture.

I use the magnetic lasso. That helps a little.
S.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

Quote:
I use the magnetic lasso. That helps a little.

Ya'll need to just create paths with pen tool. I always hated the lasso tool cause it just doesn't look clean. Plus when you make a path, you can go back and edit it to make it so it looks exactly how you want it. The lasso thing is the lazy mans tool to design......master the pen tool and you can pretty much design anything.........
E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: Fongstizzle

Member Since January 26, 2003

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I want to take an image and cut it into 16 equal parts, so that in the end i end up with 16 picture files that are all 1/16th of the original. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Aaron

^ there's a link to a site that shows you how to do the ipod thing a couple of pages ago.

Also if you want to see how to isolate things go back to the first couple of pages - there are a couple of examples of how to use layer masks which I find is the easiest way.

Quote:
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I want to take an image and cut it into 16 equal parts, so that in the end i end up with 16 picture files that are all 1/16th of the original. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try putting some guides in - view>new guide (you would need 3 horizontal and 3 vertical obviously) and then just select those areas and copy them into a new image.

I can't think of a better way to cut the image up without them overlapping.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

^ yea i'd think thats the best way... just insert rulers.. and then put in guides equally over the whole pic... then select an area, hit ShiftCtrl+C and then hit Ctrl N and the press ok on that, and then hit Ctrl+V and you should have that piece all by itself ready to save...
Formally known as FLO31

can any one help me? i always open up my image hoping that it would say layer one, but it always comes up as background and when i try duplicating it, it also says background copy.

the last thing is that when i try to isolate the part that i dont want, it doesnt let me turn in like those grey and white boxes. please help me!!!!!!!! and yes im new to this
Didnt I Tell U?

i2ozo8.jpg

CRIS how do you do that? :\
ohwell.gif

^ how i would do that is lasso the shoe... hit Ctrl+J to put just the shoe in a new layer... and then go back to the other layer and a add a blur filter of some sort...
Formally known as FLO31

can someone tell me why sometimes when i click on a tool (like lasso or brush) and try to use it on the picture it will just stay as my regular arrow cursor and doesn't switch to the tool and does what its supposed to instead of being the gay arrow lol
YO!!! BUY MY GUILD WARS

Quote:
^ yea i'd think thats the best way... just insert rulers.. and then put in guides equally over the whole pic... then select an area, hit ShiftCtrl+C and then hit Ctrl N and the press ok on that, and then hit Ctrl+V and you should have that piece all by itself ready to save...

Hey, the sauna, how would I go about selecting a single area from the picture? sorry, I'm photo shop illiterate. thanks!
Aaron

^Rectangular Marquee Tool (shorcut key = M)... use it to highlight the area you want inside the guides you made... hope that helps...
Formally known as FLO31

I found an easier way to Fn isolate an image/item in 4 steps...

all i had to do is make a copy of the background, grayscale it, drag to the original, go back to the original and use the eraser tool.

...and all this time ive been wasting my time on trying to learn all these layers crap (although i know learning it is very useful for a lot more tricks and thats what i plan to learn this week).

moving on...and going back to the isolating an item/image:

how do i put the original color back? i kinda missed the ring on my picture and id like to bring out its original color since its blk and white again

^ that's why you shouldn't erase things.

The beauty of layer masks is that they are editable - you're not actually removing the image you're just covering it.

It's worth practising for a while to get the hang of - makes everything so much easier.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

how would i go about getting a white backround similar to the ones vintagekicks and PYS have for there sneakers? do i need to take the picture using a white background or can i just remove whatever is in the back? i would also like to keep the shadow of the sneakers in the pictures

Quote:
how would i go about getting a white backround similar to the ones vintagekicks and PYS have for there sneakers? do i need to take the picture using a white background or can i just remove whatever is in the back? i would also like to keep the shadow of the sneakers in the pictures

Best way is just to take the pictures like that - decent lighting makes a big difference.I find that whatever you do in PS just looks fake unless the picture was pretty close before you started.

Quote:
Ya'll need to just create paths with pen tool. I always hated the lasso tool cause it just doesn't look clean. Plus when you make a path, you can go back and edit it to make it so it looks exactly how you want it.

can you explain this a little more? i don't quite understand what your trying to say.
[/url]​

> kdwallace

Quick question...

I'm using unFreez. After dragging the pictures over, I can't save properly because I get a message - "Not a GIF file or incorrect version number."

Any idea what this could be? Thanks a lot for all the help!!!!!

Quote:
I'm using unFreez. After dragging the pictures over, I can't save properly because I get a message - "Not a GIF file or incorrect version number."

Probably because you're not using gif files - it won't work with jpegs or anything else. The way round it is to open the image in PS and then save it as a gif - resize it first - if it's your avatar just make it 60 x 60 to keep the size down (and thus the number of frames up).

Once they are gifs just drag them over and that should work.

Quote:
how do people put borders around there pics?

There are a few different ways.

Edit>stroke and then choose the color and thickness and it draws a line around the image.

Use the rectangle select tool and make a selection where you want the frame to be - then select>inverse and delete and this will show the background layer.

Or you can draw it as a positive image on a new layer and put it above the image.

I also did a detailed how to a few pages back - here.

I'm trying to remember how to cut objects (5 in all) from a single photo, and creating five different layers, with each containing one of the photos. Its actually for my digital media course and I forgot how to do so.

Please hit me up on AIM: MezOne718, i've been stuck on this for the past 20 minutes.

F/S: DMP $525 sz.8/LASER 4s/LBJ BDay/MELO/AJ 1-XX/ [/b]CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

Quote:
I'm trying to remember how to cut objects (5 in all) from a single photo, and creating five different layers, with each containing one of the photos. Its actually for my digital media course and I forgot how to do so.

Just select them with your preferred method and then right click layer via copy and you will create a new layer with that bit on it.

I can't imagine why anyone would need to, but here's a link on how to add a tattoo to a pic. I used it to play a trick on my moms (it definetly worked).

www.graphics.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=294

Here's the untouched pic:

lgiV0h.jpg

Pic with the neck tat:
0LK34pxs.jpg

They don't about about RBJ's
They don't know about Gulfway Drive
They don't know about Louis Manor
or Carver Terrace, them boys gon' lie -
Bun B., describing the Land of The Trill, P.A.T., real live though...

Back
Top Bottom