Phx Suns Fans: Time to trade Amare vol. foul-prone and poor rebounder

That's all well & good...but are you a Suns fan or an Amare fan? If Amare was traded to the Bobcats would you become a Bobcats fan?
I just don't understand some of your reasoning sometimes. I understand you watch all the Suns games...but some of the posts you make (like the one when we lost to Houston about Amare's dunks) make me wonder how much you really follow the team as a whole.
bobcats? mmm no.. unless michael jordan comes back and plays alongside with amare over there then ill be a bobcats fan... but i'm both a sunsfan and an amare fan. In the regular season, i dont care if we win or lose (unless we're playing an elite team), cuz wins only matter in the playoffs. Highlights don't win you games, but it's so booooring when the suns play like the spurs.. wins are more important tho.

ohh and if amare was really traded somewhere else i would be a suns fan forever, but also the team amare goes to.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Looks like zo and jdiddy are getting close to be parting ways........

I'm just trying to understand where he's coming from.
He's entitled to his opinion...I just was wondering if his opinions are shaped more out of an affinity for the team or the player.

I'm a Suns fan first, last, and always. Sure, there have been some Suns I didn't really care for - Marbury, Casey Jacobsen, Maciej Lampe, JakeSuckalidis - to name a few...
And we've had guys I've liked get traded away - but I'm always going to support and cheer for the Suns above any other team or player.

(The one exception was in 1996 when we traded Charles Barkley to Houston and got four turds in return...the home opener that year was against the Rockets and Igave Sir Charles a standing O and booed Horry and Cassell whenever they touched the ball...That Suns team started out 0-13 and I couldn't stand watchingthem that year until they traded Horry and Cassell away and got Wife Beater Kidd)

Zodogg.. Why do you bash every player/team? Ex.. Kobe. Warriors, nbdl. Dirk. I've never seen someone attack people as much as you do.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Zodogg.. Why do you bash every player/team? Ex.. Kobe. Warriors, nbdl. Dirk. I've never seen someone attack people as much as you do.

he's on his knees for the team, and you on your knees for one guy

Amare is one hell of an offensive player but dude can't play a lick of defense, the Suns will never win a championship or make it to the finals becausetheir style of play I can bet my NT name on that.

man, the suns would have won the title this year if they got KG...

suns fans, tell me if you could go back in time and trade kg for amare you wouldnt? please...

Originally Posted by SocalxBucks

he's on his knees for the team, and you on your knees for one guy
now was that really called for?

His rebound numbers have fallen off drastically since the Suns installed that high octane offense. And you have a 6'7 freak in Shawn Marion that swallowsall the rebounds.

And you have a 6'7 freak in Shawn Marion that swallows all the rebounds.

Surgically-repaired knees or not, Amare is still a 6'10 freak who SHOULD be swallowing rebounds as well.

The 6'7" freak and the 6'10" freak are in the same system, so you can't really say that the system is causing him to not get rebounds(particularly when amare plays closer to the basket). And I hope no one really thinks that b/c Marion gets the boards, Amare doesn't have to (as in,doesn't have to try as hard)... They should BOTH be crashing the boards.

Oh, and the "Suns shoot 49%... there aren't a lot of boards to get" thing is not a very strong argument. The Suns have the lowest reboundingpercentage in the league (percentage rebounds grabbed out of all possible rebound-able shots.... 3rd column: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=teamstatreb&season=2008&seasontype=2).So they're under-performing rebounding-wise even with the "less missed shots" factored in. Amare COULD really help with that....

It's fun. It's even more fun when people take it so personally.

NBAdotcom wrote: (The one exception was in 1996 when we traded Charles Barkley to Houston and got four turds in return...the home opener that year was against the Rockets and I gave Sir Charles a standing O and booed Horry and Cassell whenever they touched the ball...That Suns team started out 0-13 and I couldn't stand watching them that year until they traded Horry and Cassell away and got Wife Beater Kidd)

you're just a fan thats all you dont have any word in the decisions the scums make!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

NBAdotcom wrote: (The one exception was in 1996 when we traded Charles Barkley to Houston and got four turds in return...the home opener that year was against the Rockets and I gave Sir Charles a standing O and booed Horry and Cassell whenever they touched the ball...That Suns team started out 0-13 and I couldn't stand watching them that year until they traded Horry and Cassell away and got Wife Beater Kidd)

you're just a fan thats all you dont have any word in the decisions the scums make!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Damn, I didn't know that.
indifferent.gif

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Skinner in the starting lineup? That's reaching. What should the starting lineup look like, then?

Nash, Bell, Marion, Stoudemire, Skinner. Grant is averaging tooooo much mins.. with that many injuries, he needs to cool it down, and skinner starting will make him stronger and better when playoffs come by.... Amare wouldn't have to rely on rebounding so much and we wouldn't be getting out rebounded everynight.
smile.gif

You want Grant out of the starting lineup? The most fascinating part about this comment is that it's made AFTER the San Antonio game.. And you justifyyour comment by saying he had injury problems.. Kinda hypocritical for you to say that and at the same time lobby for more playing time for Amare, who has noinjury history whatsoever, huh?
eyes.gif

Seems to me that the stats you trulycare for are the ones on Amare's NBA.com profile, not the numbers that indicate the Suns record in the W/L column.

We're not trading Amare.

One of the best big men in the league, one of the best players in the league.

I wonder, for those suggesting a trade, who do the Suns get in return? And that's with no valuable front line players currently available. We need anotherbig man up front right now anyway. Giving up a 6'10'' All-Star without getting an equal player in return is tomfoolery.

And yes, getting Garnett would've guaranteed nothing. Plus, Garnett's contract with Matrix's possible extension upcoming... a financial no-go.

NBAdotcom wrote:
Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Really? Damn, I didn't know that.
indifferent.gif

sorry i didn't mean for it to sound "personal"
but i cant stand when people say "we" as if they were on the team

Back
Top Bottom