PHX SUNS @ SUCKramento 11/20

That should've been a flagrant on the Marion dunk attempt, but the fool still needs to hit at least 1 of 2 free throws..

^are you watching live?
wow a break for Sac. The shot clock ran out, but barbosa lost the ball out of bounce. That was weird

Amare missing both free throws and giving them a chance to tie with a 2 and win with a 3-pointer:
indifferent.gif

Got it, a little late, but oh well, at least I'll know for next time.
laugh.gif

This ending was intense. Nice block by Amare, had a chance!

I'm happy. Not because e lost, but because we made it an interesting game, and didn't get steamrolled by this great team. Tomorrow though....that's when it matters, when we go up against them again in their house. I'm down for losing, as long as it was a good game.

Holy crap we almost blew that game. I'd have been mad if the Queens would have scored after their shot clock operator tried to win the game for them.Barbosa clearly stopped when he heard the buzzer and the ball went out of bounds.
Oh well...a win is a win.
Now we have these fools in PHX tomorrow...hopefully we will play better down the stretch than we did tonight.

As for the Suckramento fans saying how good Kevin Martin is because he's scoring a bunch of points...All I can do is laugh.
The guy is not any good. He's the only option on your team so he's going to score points. Put him on a team with talent and he's a 12 PPG guy.

Oh...and Brian Skinner's three at the end of the first half was nice!

brian skinners shot was pure!! Amare amazes me more and more every game... Nice win by the suns!!!!!! LETS GO STAT!

The guy is not any good. He's the only option on your team so he's going to score points. Put him on a team with talent and he's a 12 PPG guy.
Zo, i'm not even a Kings fan, but do you seriously think that Martin sucks? I think you put him on the Suns he will average 20 points a game.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Zo, i'm not even a Kings fan, but do you seriously think that Martin sucks? I think you put him on the Suns he will average 20 points a game.
All Kevin Martin does is try to draw fouls. He's only a 42% shooter from the field, but he shoots a lot and gets to the line a lot. He gets hispoints because he shoots in volume, not because he's really good. If he's playing alongside good players he wouldn't get anywhere near the amountof shots he is getting. Now that Artest is back I expect his scoring avg. to go down, and when Bibby comes back it will go down even more. It's notdifficult to get shots when you're out there with Mikki Moore, Beno Udrich, and Francisco Garcia.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

All Kevin Martin does is try to draw fouls. He's only a 42% shooter from the field, but he shoots a lot and gets to the line a lot. He gets his points because he shoots in volume, not because he's really good. If he's playing alongside good players he wouldn't get anywhere near the amount of shots he is getting. Now that Artest is back I expect his scoring avg. to go down, and when Bibby comes back it will go down even more. It's not difficult to get shots when you're out there with Mikki Moore, Beno Udrich, and Francisco Garcia.

I see your point there, but last season with Bibby and Artest he still averaged 20 points a game.

I see your point there, but last season with Bibby and Artest he still averaged 20 points a game.
Yes, he did. I'm not saying he's horrible. I'm just saying that he's not anywhere near an all-star. He's a servicable NBA playerthat is putting up numbers on an awful team. Even with Bibby and Artest last year they stil only won 33 games.
My original point is that if you have a guy like Kevin Martin as your leading scorer you're team isn't going anywhere.
Points will be scored in NBA games...even by bad teams...so SOMEONE'S always going to get those points. It's a matter of when those points arescored...in Kevin Martin's case he's scoring lots of points when his team really not in many of his games.
I've never been one to look at PPG as a measure of a player's greatness...There's plenty of guys that can score points. The question is what elseare they doing to help their team WIN?
Paul Pierce ( in limited games), Tracy McGrady, Lakers SG #24, Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson and Michael Redd were all among the league leaders inPPG last year...and NONE of their teams got anywhere.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Yes, he did. I'm not saying he's horrible. I'm just saying that he's not anywhere near an all-star. He's a servicable NBA player that is putting up numbers on an awful team. Even with Bibby and Artest last year they stil only won 33 games.
My original point is that if you have a guy like Kevin Martin as your leading scorer you're team isn't going anywhere.
Points will be scored in NBA games...even by bad teams...so SOMEONE'S always going to get those points. It's a matter of when those points are scored...in Kevin Martin's case he's scoring lots of points when his team really not in many of his games.
I've never been one to look at PPG as a measure of a player's greatness...There's plenty of guys that can score points. The question is what else are they doing to help their team WIN?
Paul Pierce ( in limited games), Tracy McGrady, Lakers SG #24, Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson and Michael Redd were all among the league leaders in PPG last year...and NONE of their teams got anywhere.

You make very good points. I never said because they had Martin that the Kings were a good team.
laugh.gif
I'm just saying that I think Martin is a hell of a scorer and can get hispoints in multiple ways like good players. He is very talented. Granted thats all he could do and sure as hell cant take a team far by himself. All thoseplayers you named are good players, some of them you can make a case that they are great players. They all possess the ability to score in multiple ways likeMartin. Most of them are All-Stars with the exceptions of Johnson and Redd i think. I'm by no means saying that Martin is a player of that caliber. Thosesame players can't take a team far by themselves either. You are always going to need a good supporting cast ti win in the NBA. I agree with some of yourpoints and see where you are coming from, but I'm just what i think of Martin, and this is coming from someone you likes the Suns more than i do the Kings( or Queens as you like to call them. )
laugh.gif

Darko for MVP wrote:

you are the defiintion on why i hate basketball/the reason why i hate the all star game

degrading kevin martin's talent when hes a top 5 leading scorer in the league, smh at you.

thats like saying "when lebron is your leader you know youre in trouble", and no i'm not comparing lebron to martin, you just need to grow up and realize that you can't win a championship w/ no defense

I was more responding to this type of comment than what you said by the way. This guy's thinking that because Kevin Martin is in the top five inscoring in the league that means he's a great player.

I was more responding to this type of comment than what you said by the way. This guy's thinking that because Kevin Martin is in the top five in scoring in the league that means he's a great player.
Yea i defintely don't think Martin is a great player.

Back
Top Bottom