Basketball Thread About Nothing

i hate the guy who doesnt wanna see anyone else on the squad shine. We were down 8-4 i score the last 4 points to bring us back and don't see the ball again after that. Mr. superstar wants to brick contested 3's in our last 3 possessions for us to lose. Then say "way to hoop we almost had them" :stoneface:

"Almost had me?"

"You never had me, you never had ya jumpshot"

"Ball hoggin' not pump faking like ya should"

"Now me and the mad dribbler gotta rip apart the team and call next after this game"

"ask any baller. any real baller. It don't matter if you miss by an inch or a mile"

"brickin's brickin"

Last edited:
How do you guys feel when the person you are guarding calls his shots before they go in?

I do it time to time or when I'm trying to get into the person guarding me head.
I don't call it out before it goes in but if I do some shake and bake then pull up in his face I usually yell out "Cooked his ***" after it goes in. 
pimp.gif

I usually talk hella **** though that's what makes basketball fun. 

Last edited:
You gotta be kidding me... :rofl: you guys seem to forget the gather is a step.

IDC I rarely call em in my games if it looks pretty and the ball goes in BUT if you start at the top of the key and stroll your way in expect me to call a travel!
buddy for you to say all euro steps are travels in america is just not right. Typical ref mentality though

i hate the guy who doesnt wanna see anyone else on the squad shine. We were down 8-4 i score the last 4 points to bring us back and don't see the ball again after that. Mr. superstar wants to brick contested 3's in our last 3 possessions for us to lose. Then say "way to hoop we almost had them" :stoneface:

"Almost had me?"

"Now me and the mad dribbler gotta rip apart the team and call next after this game"

"ask any baller. any real baller. It don't matter if you miss by an inch or a mile"

"brickin's brickin"

:lol: :rofl: I love you guys!

You gotta be kidding me... :rofl: you guys seem to forget the gather is a step.

IDC I rarely call em in my games if it looks pretty and the ball goes in BUT if you start at the top of the key and stroll your way in expect me to call a travel!
buddy for you to say all euro steps are travels in america is just not right. Typical ref mentality though

You do know I officiate NCAA and HS where we ref by the book. The league tells the refs what to call and who to call it on and who not to. That's why college guys never go to the league cuz our mechanics and philosophy is different.

Rec leagues are just cash cows for us. We just worry about the cash these sterotypes wanna pay us in the summer lol.

Find me a clip of a guy going East West and back East and I'll show you a travel.

There are dude that shoot airballs and are afraid of catching it to avoid a violation lolol... There is no such thing lol

You do know I officiate NCAA and HS where we ref by the book. The league tells the refs what to call and who to call it on and who not to. That's why college guys never go to the league cuz our mechanics and philosophy is different.

Rec leagues are just cash cows for us. We just worry about the cash these sterotypes wanna pay us in the summer lol.

Find me a clip of a guy going East West and back East and I'll show you a travel.

There are dude that shoot airballs and are afraid of catching it to avoid a violation lolol... There is no such thing lol
So your league tells you in advance what players to call travels on, and what players to not call it on? Lmao what a joke.... 
roll.gif

What do you mean "That's why college guys never go to the league cuz our mechanics and philosophy is different." You mean the college games you happen to ref never go pro?

206to813 206to813

I was referring to the refs never go to the pros cuz they are puppets. Yea the money is better but it's entertainment so they bend rules to please the fans. As far as players go... Any player in the league from Kemba forward that came out of NY I have reffed whether in HS or college.

Each October the coference we work for has mandatory meetings on rules and mechanics and points of emphasis. Handchecks, travels and Block/Charges always take center stage at those meetings

The League tells there staff if a 5 Star player travels for a dunk don't be to quick to blow the whistle.

That's what I mean.

I don't know man. I get what you're saying with the gather and then two steps. But I've never seen someone actually do that. Whenever we do it, it's just the first step is the gather/ misdirection, and then the second step is in the other direction and that's when you go up. But I'm from LA so maybe New Yorkers do it different... Lol

206to813 206to813

I was referring to the refs never go to the pros cuz they are puppets. Yea the money is better but it's entertainment so they bend rules to please the fans. As far as players go... Any player in the league from Kemba forward that came out of NY I have reffed whether in HS or college.

Each October the coference we work for has mandatory meetings on rules and mechanics and points of emphasis. Handchecks, travels and Block/Charges always take center stage at those meetings

The League tells there staff if a 5 Star player travels for a dunk don't be to quick to blow the whistle.

That's what I mean.

Im callin bs now. There arent 5 stars hoopers in ny anymore.

206to813 206to813

That's what I mean.

Oh stop it. I use to ref AAU events in the Tri-State area and we were always told to swallow our whistle when the best players had the ball and allow them to play through the contact, girls or boys.

It's not any different in PSAL or CHSAA. At the end of the day the scouts want to see how strong and tough the players are. As a ref we are more so responsible for not allowing the games to get out of hand and to make them abide by the rules. And I only got up to doing JV in CHSAA.

I stopped officiating summer of 2014. Too much of a time commitment and weird times that my new career just doesn't allow. But it was fun to see and handle the game from that side.

206to813 206to813

That's what I mean.

There aren't 5 star ballers in the NBA Bruh?

:rofl: wa league u think I'm talking about CYO? :rofl:

206to813 206to813

That's what I mean.

There aren't 5 star ballers in the NBA Bruh?

:rofl: wa league u think I'm talking about CYO? :rofl:

Im gonna assume you meant NY whenever you put NBA but after lance, who else has came out of NY as a 5 star recruit.

206to813 206to813

That's what I mean.

Oh stop it. I use to ref AAU events in the Tri-State area and we were always told to swallow our whistle when the best players had the ball and allow them to play through the contact, girls or boys.

It's not any different in PSAL or CHSAA. At the end of the day the scouts want to see how strong and tough the players are. As a ref we are more so responsible for not allowing the games to get out of hand and to make them abide by the rules. And I only got up to doing JV in CHSAA.

I stopped officiating summer of 2014. Too much of a time commitment and weird times that my new career just doesn't allow. But it was fun to see and handle the game from that side.

Have I seen you work?

I work all that too

206to813 206to813

That's what I mean.

Have I seen you work?

I work all that too

Maybe maybe not. I was part of the queens IAABO. I didn't get involved too heavily just due to my restricted schedule with work and grad school at nights. I was only able to work weekend games. But I realized quickly that unless I had the means to networks more and expand my availability I was limited in my growth.

It's why a majority of the refs that did the Big East and A-10 that I met were teachers or had jobs that allowed them a lot of flexibility than I would ever be able to attain. It also just got too political at times. It's really something you need to put 100% into if you want it to be fruitful.

biggie62 biggie62

Yea I def seen you... I was on the Executive Board on 119 and now I'm the Vice President.

The teachers you are talking about must be Cruz lol

Recognize me?

:lol: Ironic that I'd run into someone from 119 here. I think it was Cruz, I honestly forgot almost everyone's name besides Ernie since he taught like all the classes to us when I started out. It was a fun experience doing it though. I just wish I had the time to commit to it more. I was getting better and better with each game, but networking with the right people and having them actually assign games to you was more hassle than it was actually worth. I know once you're established it isn't bad, but the start was rough man.

I'll be honest, I don't recognize you that well, but I'm sure I met you at the dinners or meetings.

Last edited:

"Almost had me?"

Repped for F&F reference!

Word! :lol: :lol: :pimp:

"Almost had me?"

Repped for F&F reference!

Word! :lol: :lol: :pimp:

Repped for your SN :lol:

Anyone in the DMV area that has open gyms? Particularly around Fairfax? 

I saw a Fil-Am BBall league...But I'm no where near league competition ready lol

Anyone in the DMV area that has open gyms? Particularly around Fairfax? 

I saw a Fil-Am BBall league...But I'm no where near league competition ready lol
Bruh you might as well PM me your number 
laugh.gif

But we hoop on every Saturdays and Wednesdays on base

O yeah

about-to-go-down.gif

Two of our fellow NTers are playing 1v1 on Saturday. Who will win this match for the crown in DC

Back
Top Bottom