Basketball Thread About Nothing

when you have 5 guys wanting to play and that 1 guy on the otherside of the gym is like "nah I'm just going to shoot around" :stoneface:

dude just wants to work on his shot, let him be. people at my gym will harass people to get a game going, not cool
unless you're on a college or pro team what does he need to work on his shot for?

gotta work on that shot in game situations b 

Maybe the other 5 arent worth his time.

I just thought of "this dude"
Not sure if it was brought up

But there's always that guy that gets the ball after his team scored and throws it into the corner or away from the opposing team so he and his team can get back
On defense ...ball goes through the net, he gets it , sees the guy asking for it and hits it or throws it in the opposite direction

Hate that ******* guy

when you have 5 guys wanting to play and that 1 guy on the otherside of the gym is like "nah I'm just going to shoot around" :stoneface:

dude just wants to work on his shot, let him be. people at my gym will harass people to get a game going, not cool
unless you're on a college or pro team what does he need to work on his shot for?

gotta work on that shot in game situations b 

Maybe the other 5 arent worth his time.

I'm guilty of this
I ain't tryna play 3 on 3 or 4 on 4
Get 9 and I'll run full court

Last edited:
Yeah im guilty of it too lol. Sometimes I just wanna shoot around and it could be a variety of reasons why. Other times i aint trying to play if I know the people dont play hard or look hella trash.

if you're too good for the people then its just shooting around with 5 people watching you and rebounding for you 

when it comes to playing with bad players and people who dont try, being a post player makes things entertaining. it's impossible not to guard someone trying to post you up 

How about the dude(s) who see step out of bounds or the ball hit the line out of bounds from 2 blocks away and then argue w/ the dude whoever had a better point of view.

The baller who has zero jump shot so his contributions are made through getting to loose balls and fouling when he gets beat on D.

All these comments about other hoopers are negative

How about the guy that solos any team. He is a dominant college player, picks up the worst players and doesn't lose all afternoon

But there's always that guy that gets the ball after his team scored and throws it into the corner or away from the opposing team so he and his team can get back
On defense ...ball goes through the net, he gets it , sees the guy asking for it and hits it or throws it in the opposite direction

Hate that ******* guy

:rofl: when i used to hoop at the Y there was a cat who would get absolutely livid if you made a weak foul call. he would get so mad he would throw the ball to the other end of the court. 

lmao he would make you go get the ball if you wanted your ******** call. 

now that  I think of it he was always pretty accurate though... he wouldn't only flip on bad calls. 

Y'all let sht like this slide? :smh:

Dudes would get snuffed round my way for nonsense like that on the court :lol:.

Dudes being cliquey, wanting to be on the same team during pick up basketball. Get the **** out here with that ****. Little girls. 

Dudes being cliquey, wanting to be on the same team during pick up basketball. Get the **** out here with that ****. Little girls. 
Politics of the gym man, especially if you are new to that gym. I hate that crap too, but if you stay consistent and can hoop. That will go out the window.

Last edited:
Hate them buddy call cliquey type dudes. Once you bounce them....they sit out until they get the opportunity to play together again :lol:.

Them dudes go hawk and only pass to themselves. The worse.

Hate that ******* guy

:rofl: when i used to hoop at the Y there was a cat who would get absolutely livid if you made a weak foul call. he would get so mad he would throw the ball to the other end of the court. 

lmao he would make you go get the ball if you wanted your ******** call. 

now that  I think of it he was always pretty accurate though... he wouldn't only flip on bad calls. 

Y'all let sht like this slide? :smh:

Dudes would get snuffed round my way for nonsense like that on the court :lol:.
Exactly, dude would've got slide the first time he pulled that foolishness

I can go with this somewhat but if it's a day where the gym is full and if you lose you may as well go home, i'm trying to get on a team with some people who I have some familiarity with. You at least want a decent squad to try and stay on for a few games. I always look at playing basketball like dating: You can't date every girl you meet and you can't play on the same team as everybody in the gym. It's just not going to work with certain people no matter what.

Last edited:
you guys ever get a guy complain about having next but not having 5 to run only to get skipped over for the next person with 5 ready to go

this happened last night, dude was like, ive been waiting for 2 games, i basically said, so did i and my team is here.

he was tryna say well ill pick up 2 of you guys to run with my team....i was like nah *****....mind you when i asked if he had next he said yeah but didnt say he didnt have  5 and couldve easily picked us up...

bounced him and his crew after we went in and won

pimp.gif

Politics of the gym man, especially if you are new to that gym. I hate that crap too, but if you stay consistent and can hoop. That will go out the window.

at our gym, we just skip you over and play another gm. you want to play with your friends...

what about the guy that is there for a fight. dishing out physical fouls, bowling guys over and always squaring up?

Dudes who think they could try and replicate some fancy move they just saw:

-that Iverson Rbk commercial with him doing that slow spin/self pass

-when White Chocolate did that elbow pass, I swear I was chasing those wild passes for the next 5 months or so

-Tmac's self pass off the backboard. Umm...box that dude out right away? Problem solved

-the And1 era :smh: especially that idiotic Sauce2K travel. Remember guarding some clown with his array of "moves" just by standing still, 20 dribbles/spins later he goes up for the fadeaway and I simply swat that ish out of bounds :lol: "Earned" himself the nickname Infinity [no beginning and no end]

Last edited:
Y'all remember dudes OD'ing on the Euro step a few years ago? They would telegraph the sht out of it.

Could see the Euro coming a mile away :lol:

Dudes who think they could try and replicate some fancy move they just saw:

-that Iverson Rbk commercial with him doing that slow spin/self pass

-when White Chocolate did that elbow pass, I swear I was chasing those wild passes for the next 5 months or so

-Tmac's self pass off the backboard. Umm...box that dude out right away? Problem solved

-the And1 era :smh: especially that idiotic Sauce2K travel. Remember guarding some clown with his array of "moves" just by standing still, 20 dribbles/spins later he goes up for the fadeaway and I simply swat that ish out of bounds :lol: "Earned" himself the nickname Infinity [no beginning and no end]

Sauce 2K :lol:. That's a carry, double and travel at the same damn time. I'll never forget that move though.

Hot sauce got exposed once everyone realized he couldn't actually play real basketball...and they studied and learned all his moves. **** "Soy Sauce" to this day...tried to jack my man style :lol:.

Hot Sauce has a son that's like 9 that's legitimately nice at ball for his age. Srs

throwing the ball off a guys head and doing the shimmy and tossing the ball into the crowd :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom