Pics Of the Bike

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

egh, its just fun to ride, what other reason do u need?

I mean a unicycle can also be fun to ride, but it lacks functionality

imo fix gear bikes lack functionality also

riding long distances, down or up steep hills and many other issues come into mind

Originally Posted by the north west

riding long distances, down or up steep hills and many other issues come into mind
The bike still goes from point A to point B, so I'd say it's still functional. Not that it's going to stop at point B, but withbackpedalling it should stop pretty close.
Honestly, it's popular because it's cool. It's not functional to take your brakes off and ride in traffic, but then again wearing $200 basketballshoes to get groceries isn't either. To each their own.

Originally Posted by DL2352

I guess this is the bike thread?
laugh.gif

2783910804_ddd7c4eea1_b.jpg

Need to go to a bike shop to fix my flat tire
ohwell.gif

Do you go to SDSU? I see a bike like this riding around on a flat rear.

What's with the back wheel.... it makes it look un-even.... both wheels should have that black thing..... but nice colour!

Originally Posted by the north west

A fixed gear bike when properly equipped is fully functional, in fact they are pretty much all function, with little to no extra. If you are goingto be riding in a place that is particularly hilly you simply plan ahead and change your gearing, or bring tools/gears with you.

Why would it not be good for long distances? If you are smart enough to plan your route before hand and are in good enough shape for a long ride your good togo. Unless you are trying to do really long distances (several hundred miles through different terrains) in which case you could use a roadie.

As far as steep hills, if you dont know how to navigate them properly put a break on or learn the hard way. Simple as that.

A fixed gear bike is not perfect for every situation, but then again what form of transportation is?

^^^ Info on the saddle? Really nice bike.
Thanks bro. Its a San Maro Ponza.

Back
Top Bottom