Pics of XX3 Design Prototype

I haven't seen these before, interesting stuff.

7-440x293.jpg

5-580x387.jpg

8-580x387.jpg

10-580x387.jpg

15-580x387.jpg

16-580x387.jpg

6-580x387.jpg

12-580x387.jpg

3-580x868.jpg

2-580x387.jpg

from here
http://www.kixandthecity.com/air-jordan-xx3-design-prototype/

Sweet, I've never seen these either. I like the raised "spine" going up the tongue. Also, the eyelets on the ankle remind me of the ones found on the XX2 samples.

I was not a fan of the patterns that made it to the retail version on the side panels; the embroidery was a dope concept, they just missed their mark.

I love threads like this.

Toe box looks good but overall Im glad they went with the design they chose.

Anyone else notice the "PE" on the heel ? Maybe this was a prototype for a PE or .5 version ? :nerd:

these are clearly rough cuts and unfinished. they would have never have gone with it as it is. prototypes test early concepts.

that tongue fin is horrible, but the refracted jumpman looks sick, imo.

i'd love a book full of such images covering the development of all the sig line.

Last edited:
I had a few versions in the Sole magazine back in '08. Never seen these however.

They shouldve used these over the 2K4s.

yeah, i'm glad they went with the version they did too.

xx3's are my favorite J's since the XIV's. If they released these...that might not have been the case.

The finished product of the XX3 looks much better than these, a lot more refined. Still not a bad look for a modern day shoe compared to some of the other crap that's been released.

I wonder if these were gonna be the "PE"  or "+" version of the XX3.

Jordan Brand seemingly went away from that trend with the XX3's. The XX1PE's and XX2PE's were pretty nice.

Interesting, I've never seen them before. They look nice, but the finished product was beautiful.

I love these. While not quite as elegant as the released version, this would have been one hell of a PE or + edition

Back
Top Bottom